Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prathima HatiYour feedback matters!
Hi sir/mam I found breast lump in left breast 8 months back but there is no swelling discharge or any symptoms but pain at time of menses that's it I saw in some articles all breast lumps are not cause cancer please give me suggestion it cause any severe condition in future what precautions I should take my age is 22.
I am suffering from pcod disease. what should i do ? and is there any problem to get pregnant in future?
Camphor oil or commonly known as Kapoor ka Tel offers a number of health benefits that most of us are not aware of. It is a popular sedative, stimulant, antiseptic, antispasmodic and decongestant. It is extracted from the camphor tree, the scientific name of which is Cinnamomum camphora. Other common Ayurvedic names of camphor are Ghanasara, Sheetabhra, Himavaluka and Sphatika. Additionally, apart from the cooling effect, camphor oil also has a strong aroma.
Following are the benefits of camphor oil-
1. Camphor oil as a stimulant: Camphor oil actively boosts the functioning of the various organs of the body including circulatory, excretory, digestive system and the overall metabolism. Camphor oil has a scraping nature which helps in maintaining Kapha dosha, level of cholesterol and prevents clotting in blood vessels.
2. Camphor oil as an antiseptic: Camphor oil is an excellent disinfectant and is mixed with other herbal oils before it is applied. In many households, it is used as a water disinfectant, especially during the rainy season. A cloth soaked in camphor oil, when kept in a room, drives away all the insects and germs. A few drops of camphor oil when poured into a container of grains keeps it safe from the insects. Camphor oil lotions are used for treating various forms of infections. It disinfects the body and also has the power to keep lice away.
3. Camphor oil as a remedy for cough: If anyone of you is suffering from chronic cough, then camphor is a very good remedy. Just put a few drops of it in boiling water and inhale the vapor.
4. Camphor oil as an anesthetic: Camphor oil is an excellent agent for local anesthesia, as you will feel a numbness after applying it. Further, it can soothe nerve disorders and convulsions. Camphor oil when applied with a carrier oil is very beneficial for controlling Parkinson’s disease, nervousness and epileptic attacks.
5. Camphor oil as an aphrodisiac: Consumption of camphor oil can boost your libido as it can stimulate that portion of your brain, which controls the sexual desire. External application of camphor oil can treat erectile problems, by enhancing the circulation of blood.
6. Camphor oil as an antineuralgic: Neuralgia is related to swelling of the blood vessels and camphor oil is an excellent cure for it. It decreases the pressure caused by the blood vessels thus reducing pressure on Ninth Cranial Nerve.
7. Camphor oil as an antirheumatic: Camphor oil can easily stimulate the circulatory system because of its stimulating properties, which is a crucial factor in managing arthritis, gout and other rheumatic problems. Mix it with olive or sesame oil and then apply it on your skin, but make sure the concentration of camphor should not cross 11%.
Apart from these properties, camphor oil is used in treating hysteria, epilepsy, food poisoning, whooping cough and many other problems. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 21 old female.. I am not having my periods monthly.. When I am on my periods, I am suffering with severe stomach pain at start and ending of the period.. What should I do to get my periods monthly and how would I avoid stomach pain problem?
Hello doctors, I really tensed. According to my last two usgs my baby is 11weeks+6. But according to my lmp it is 12weeks+5. My ovulation time is also late so it was understood. But I did my NB NT scan and suddenly according that usg it is showing 13weeks+6. How come this is possible? I checked my sugar level it is normal. I'm not able to understand.
Dear doctor. I have been married since 6 years. I have mostly done sex on safe days and used contraceptive 3 times in these years when the days were not safe. Now I am planning a baby in 3-4 months. Can you please tell me that do contraceptives decrease the chances of getting pregnant? M worried that it will not harm in the coming future?
Im married last month and I got my period on 4 September nd now again on 23 September my periods came why is that please hlp im worried. And what I shud do for normal periods?
I'm having my periods from last 13-15 days. I'm so irritated by this. What should I do. My hemoglobin rate is 9.9 on last Saturday when I check.
Dear sir, mam My wife has not period (MC) since last 60 days. There is any concerns about it. She is 25 years old. She has three children. Although she has done sterilization also 6 months ago.
If I took I-pill continuously 3 years .2015 I took 1 .2016 I took 2 but within 6 -6 month gap .2017 I took 1 but this time side effects took place .so what can be my chances of being pregnant in future. My menses are regular till yet. Now waiting for next month menses. I don't use this pill as regular birth control pill and I 'll not take it again in my life to secure my married life. But do I have the chances of being pregnant in future?
My friend had unprotected sex last year July from then she got regular periods but some before her periods she gets burning sensation in her vaginal she is scared whether she got hiv she can't do blood test due to some family issues please help.
I am a mother of 1 1/2 month's toddler. Do I need to follow any particular diet? I am breast feeding my son.
I am of 25, I have delivered a baby of 7 months old and now I feel very restless and inactive, feeling very lazy. Is it normal for any new mom?
Hi Please suggest list of fruits and vegetables which can be consumed by pregnant ladies and also list of those which cannot be consumed.
I am 16 years old and recently noticed a big but painless outgrowth or rather lump on my left vaginal lip. Is it normal? Or should I consult a gynecologist?
I am 35 years old woman. My menstrual period cycle become irregular. I had thyroid test but its normal. My last period date was november24th 2015. What is the cause for my irregular periods. My weight is 55kgs. Height 5.4.
Thyme is one of the most famous herbs from the mint family. It is a common herb present in every spice set for garnishing and flavouring of the dish. In fact, apart from its modern-day use, it had been used by Egyptians in the process of mummification as well as by the Greeks as a form of incense. However, apart from its culinary uses, it is gaining a reputation as one of the most useful ingredients with several medicinal properties. Some of these medicinal properties are highlighted below.
- Regulates Blood Pressure: When it comes to blood pressure, consumption of salt and maintaining a balanced level of cholesterol are the two important things to keep a lookout for. Thyme itself can be used as a substitute for salt. Though the taste would not be quite the same without a trace of salt in the dish, but at least it would benefit your health and keep a balanced level of salt and cholesterol in your body. This would help you in maintaining a balanced blood pressure and also prevent you from falling prey to any kind of heart disease or even diabetes for that matter.
- Controls cough and cold: If you feel that you are about to experience an attack of a cough and cold due to seasonal changes or whatever reason, do not forget to keep some thyme at hand. You can make thyme paste and rub it onto your chest. The vapours coming out of it would help in curing cough. Further, thyme oils can always be used for a chest massage or can be rubbed onto the sides of your nostrils. Moreover, drinking warm thyme infused tea helps you in recovering faster.
- Boosts immunity: To maintain a proper immune system the body needs, vitamins, minerals, water and various other elements. With thyme being a rich source of vitamin C and Vitamin A apart from having the benefits of iron, manganese, copper and fibre, it is not unusual to know that it boosts the immune system in an individual. Thus, thyme is often consumed in a small quantity with at least one or two dishes of the day. This makes sure that the quantity of thyme entering your body is regulated and is just enough to provide you with all the necessary elements.
- Acts as a disinfectant: Mould is an element present in the air which not only causes air pollution but can be fatal to human health. In fact, it hurts those with asthma even more than regular people. One of the easiest ways to get rid of moulds in the air is to regularly use thyme oil in your house. Thyme oil acts as a disinfectant and helps in reducing the concentration of moulds in the air.
- Used for therapeutic purposes: Carvacrol is a substance present in thyme which helps it in making a mark as an important compound in aromatherapy. Many essential oils are made of thyme essence. These essential oils are not only used on the skin for massages but also used as incense and de-stressors.
Thus, these are some of the most important uses of thyme apart from adding flavouring to some of your favourite dishes.