Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prateek Bhatnagar
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. Prateek BhatnagarYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from pain in my heart side. Pain ll be sharp whenever I breath n laugh. please suggest me why it is?
My husband has fluctuations in BP for the last 1 month. His BP went upbto 200 and at columbia asia they did all the tests to rule out triggers. Thyroid adrenal ct scan, sleep study brain Holter test kidney tests etc and all thresults are normal. They have put him on stresspress xl 50 mg 101 and minipressxl 5 mg 001. Also ecosprin 75 one in the afternoon. Despite all these he still has head reeling And cannot do normal work. He feels tired and lays down most of the time. What is your advice?
Dear Doctor .I am 69 yrs old having bp & diabities 2. For bp. I am taking asomax 5, enam 10mg in the morning & embeta xr 50 in the evening with theses my bp is remain in control;. For diabities I was taking tribet 2 fort, in the morning before b. F & onglyza after bf & in the night metsmall 1000 after dinner. The fatting was 160-180. Now I got checked in escorts new delhi, th Dr. Said that in tribet 2 fort pioglitazone is there with this weight will increase, so he chsnged to gemer 2 ds in place of tribet 2 fott other remains same, but my fasting sugar is 180 -200 my ht is 5ft 6in 7 wt 86 kg. Please advice how to lower fasting sugar. Thanks.
My age 25 I am male my problem cholesterol trigelies 194 And vldl 200 I am unmarried boy my age 25 I am tobacco use and 3 to 4 month I taking beer and wine gape of 3 month I treat under pshiciatry last 2 year problem of fear agoraphobia and panic attack please help me.
Hello sir I am kavita sharma I am 24 year old unmarried girl I have chest pain problem last two days what should I do please tell me doctor.
The blood normally exerts some pressure as it passes through the blood vessels. However, due to various reasons, mainly narrowing of the blood vessels, the pressure exerted could be higher, which is known as hypertension.
In the Unani system, early reference to high blood pressure appears as Imtila, though it is today popularly known as Zaghtuddam Qawi. Imtila talks about symptoms including a headache, bulging eyes, epistaxis (bleeding nose), heavy headedness, and headache.
Types: Unani system believes in two ways that can increase blood pressure and therefore two types
- Increased amount of blood in the vessels, which is caused a hot, moist temperament or the sanguineous type.
- Dryness of the vessels (caused by narrowing) increases blood pressure, leading to the dry, cold melancholic type.
Causes: Unani believes high blood pressure as a result of the following sequence of events.
- Weakening of the arteries
- Increased food consumption, which produces more blood
- Weak arteries which are not able to accommodate the increased amounts of blood
- This is a vicious cycle where the arteries are further damaged, leading to further sluggish flow, further increasing pressure.
Complications: High blood pressure is not an isolated health condition. It leads to multiple complications like
- Chronic heart disease
- Angina pectoris (heart attacks)
- Stroke and paralysis
- Higher levels of cholesterol
- Predisposition to diabetes
Management: Managing high blood pressure is a combination of treatment and prevention. There are multiple Unani herbs, which are used in multiple formulations which help by
- Relaxing the muscles of the heart
- Improves blood flow
- Eases the blood flow through the arteries
These can be taken regularly along with restrictions on diet and lifestyle which can help in improving blood pressure. These changes would include:
- Increased consumption of potassium-rich foods as it will counter the effect of sodium which causes higher blood pressure readings
- Avoid adding extra salt and reduce eating the salted, fried foods. Especially, if you have a family history, it is time to reduce salt intake at an early stage. This helps prolong the onset of high blood pressure
- Herbs like garlic, pepper, ginger, and lemon are helpful in controlling blood pressure
- Herbal teas including hibiscus and green tea are proven to help control blood pressure as opposed to a cup of coffee
- Dark chocolate with more than 70 per cent of cocoa is beneficial for the heart
- Needless to say, regular exercise including brisk walking which can improve heart’s health
- Deep breathing which improves oxygen consumption across arteries
- Reduce consumption of alcohol
- Quit or cut down on smoking
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!