Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prashanthi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PrashanthiYour feedback matters!
For which STDs should one get tested after a presumably risky exposure to another person's fluids and how? After how long should the tests be performed?
I have a problem in periods. It come a day before or later. Pl help me. Kindly suggest me X some medicines.
Yesterday I had sex with my gf and today she got mens so sir is it chance to pregnancy ,if it is chance to pregnancy so for that what should I do to stop the pregnancy. Please hlep me sir.
Im 35 yrs old I get inserted IUD recently for the third time now I have white discharge after this what shall I do pls clarify.
Hello doctor On 8th sept I have touched my gf vagina with my hand and inserted 1 inch inside her vagina just for 10 sec Before doing that I have urinated And than I touched my penis And after that I wiped my hand by cloth And touched her vagina as mention above And on 19th sept (28th day of menstrual cycle) she starter spotting And after 12 am on 20th sept she started her period and it continues till 24th Sept today So say me did there is any chance of pregnancy Im. Scared due to reading abt implantation bleeding There was no penis vagina contact We was in full cloth No naked Just I have touched her vagina with my hand And after touching her vagina I make her side almost 1m away from myself And masturbated myself on ground We both where in full dries So say me any chance of pregnancy.
I heard that eating saffron during pregnancy helps to whitening of skin of the baby .is it true? What are the herbal ayurvedic tools in this regard?
My last period started on 2 may 2017 (first day of cycle) had intercourse on 20 may 2017 at 4 pm .Took ipill at 7 pm .After having pill after 30 hours I vomited water and it continued for 5 days every morning. Also my bf confirmed there is no ejaculation inside .Are there chances of pregnancy.
Mujhe Bahut weakness hoti hai .hath pairo me dard rhta hai jyada der khada nhi rha jaata. Ubasi aati hai Bahut jyada .saadi ko 3 mahine hue hai .periods bhi irregular hai. 45 days ka gap ho rha hai .blood 10gm count hua hai.
Ovarian cysts are a common development in many women. Cysts are sacs filled with fluid which are formed in the female ovaries. Most cysts are harmless and do not even show any symptoms. However, some cysts do show outward symptoms like heavy bleeding, clotting, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain during the menstrual cycle, and pain during sex.
If you feel any of the above-mentioned discomforts, it will be in your best interest to consult a gynaecologist and get a check-up done. Most cysts are manageable unless they are very severe. In fact, it is best that cysts come to light at the right time and are efficiently managed, unless they develop into severe issues in the future.
Management of cysts
- Oftentimes, medical practitioners resort to what is called ‘watchful waiting’.
- At times, ovarian cysts disappear in a few months.
- It is recommended to take a blood test and an ultrasound to see the progress of the cyst.
- If you have already experienced menopause, then these tests are carried out every four months. This is because in such cases the risk of an ovarian cancer is at its highest and regular monitoring of the cyst is necessary.
Treatment of cysts
Ovarian cysts can be treated in their earlier stages. Here are some of the most popular treatments.
- Laparoscopy is one of the most popular treatments. It is a surgery carried out under general anaesthesia. The tummy is cut to a radius of a key hole and a laparoscope is inserted. This helps the doctor to see the internal organs, which is then used to remove the cyst. This method is less painful and has a quick recovery time.
- Laparotomy is the other method used for removing a cyst. In case the cyst is large, then one single large hole is made in the body to access the cyst. At times, the cyst and the ovaries are removed and sent for further laboratory inspection. This inspection is done to detect whether the samples are cancerous or not. This procedure is more complex than the previous one and might need the patient to stay in the hospital for a few days.
- In case you have a cancerous cyst, then your reproductive part itself would have to be removed rendering you barren for your life.
Ovarian cyst is very much treatable and is best to be detected at an earlier stage for better and faster treatment. Thus, it is best to go for regular check-ups and report in case of any disturbing symptoms.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!