Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prashanthi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PrashanthiYour feedback matters!
Does regular sex makes the vagina loose and the person during sex can easily identify that the another one is not virgin? Please suggest.
I am 5 months pregnant. My fasting blood sugar level is 98.9mg/dl, OGTT-1HR= 188.4mg/dl, OGTT -2HR = 167.9mg/dl, OGTT-3HR =115.5mg/dl. Now pls tell me what diet I have to follow for healthy baby n safe delivery.
Seasonal allergies are usually characterized by sneezing, coughing and other allergic reactions. Also known as hay fever and allergic rhinitis, the condition tends to appear only during certain seasons of the year. The disease is triggered by changes in the weather and exposure to certain allergens like dust. The allergens cause the body to release histamine into the blood thus, resulting in symptoms of allergy.
The symptoms of seasonal allergy are:
- Congestion in the nose
- You may experience a blocked and runny nose
- You may have an itchy nose
Ayurveda is a holistic method of treatment that focuses on improving your overall well-being. The various Ayurvedic remedies for treating seasonal allergies are:
- Restrict Dairy Intake: You need to cut dairy out of your diet as dairy products have all the characteristics of a cold food. They tend to create imbalance in the “kapha” dosha in the body, thus leading to various diseases.
- Ayurvedic Detox: Consider doing an Ayurvedic detoxification to cleanse the body of the various toxins. It helps in smoothing out the “dosha” balance and hence improves your overall well-being.
- Nasya: This process requires you to put drops of medicated oils inside your nostrils. This lubricates the nasal cavity and prevents the allergens from causing an allergic reaction in the body.
- Eat More Warm Foods: Try to eat warm and cooked foods as much as possible. Eating frozen foods is not recommended as the nutrients from the food may not be absorbed properly owing to a weak digestive system which may be the result of a bout of severe seasonal allergies. Include foods such as soups and porridge and you have a perfect dish to gorge on.
- Exercise on a Regular Basis: Make sure you exercise on a regular basis to improve your fitness levels and also to keep a check on your weight. Certain “yoga” poses such as the downward dog and the cobra help to improve the digestive process. Add cardio workouts such as running and swimming to improve the health of the lungs.
- Add Spices: Add spices to your cooking such as turmeric or garlic as they help in rejuvenating the respiratory system.
Breast cancer is a type of a cancerous infection that develops in the skin cells of the breast. This condition is more commonly diagnosed after you have skin cancer and is more common in women than men. There are certain signs to identify this disease, which are as follows.
1. Breast lumps - Lumps are patches of skin that occur due to the thickening and swelling of the skin. Breast lumps is a very common phenomenon for women but that does not always lead to a breast cancer; however, frequent and reoccurring instances of the same increases the risk of breast cancer. A breast lump is easily identifiable through the naked eye as it looks different from the surrounding tissues.
2. Blood discharges - The nipple is one of the most sensitive areas in the human body. In case of women, it is meant to emit milk during pregnancy, in order to feed the infant externally. A probable symptom of breast cancer can also be a frequent discharge of blood from the nipple without any visible damage or injury.
3. Breast changes - If you are experiencing any visible changes in the size, appearance or shape of the breast, then it is an indicative sign that you may have breast cancer. Thus, it is of paramount importance that you observe, touch and physically examine your breast regularly for changes. If there is any major change detected then it is advisable to consult a doctor.
4. Inverted nipple - The tip of the nipple is generally bulging and pointing outwards both in cases of men and women. But sometimes the tip of the nipple is pushed inside due to excessive suction caused by the skin tissues present inside the breast around the nipple area. This suction forces the nipple to grow inwards which is abnormal and might harm the breast and skin in various ways.
However, apart from these main symptoms, some other signs are also there that increase your chances of being diagnosed with breast cancer. They are redness or pitting of the skin over your breast like an orange, peeling or scaling of the pigmented area around the nipple, dimpling of the skin on the breasts, and such others.
Diet is an important part of any person's life as food that goes in your body is what replenishes the resources lost in a day's work. The wrong kind of food will have adverse effects on the body in all sorts of ways, and that holds especially true for nursing mothers.
A mother, after carrying a baby to a full term, has to go through many hormonal and physical changes, which can be very stressful. After childbirth comes one of the other most important phases i.e. nursing and it is important to ensure that the mother gets proper nutrition during this phase. This is because it is the mother's milk that provides the baby with the required nutrients for growth as well as to build and immune system, which is why it is very important for a nursing mother to have a proper diet.
Let's look at some of the food items that should be consumed during this time:
- Fresh fruits and vegetables - These are important during the nursing period for the mother as she needs to supplement important minerals in her body such as calcium and iron. Green, leafy vegetables are a must.
- Dairy products low in fat - As the mother's body produces milk, certain minerals get drained quicker than others and a direct supplement for them would be dairy products. However, it is important to ensure that their fat content is low as this can add cholesterol and thus, may adversely affect the health of the mother.
- Lean meats - Lean meats are a great source of protein that can supplement many of the minerals and nutrients. However, rich meat-based foods and heavy red meat should be avoided. Chicken in roasted form or tikka form is also healthy proteins that can be consumed 2 - 3 times a week. Fish, especially Salmon fish, is also a healthy and rich source of omega-3 as well as high in protein.
- Legumes - Legumes are a great source of iron, which is an extremely important mineral for a nursing mother. This is also an alternative for vegetarians. Legumes are not only a rich source of iron, they are also high in protein and helps the mother to stay fit and energetic to be able to take on the additional responsibility of her new-born baby.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
You might be surprised to know that unknowingly you are consuming poisons in your daily meal. Forget getting nutrients from these items, you end up troubling your health by consuming these food items. White rice, pasteurized cow milk, refined salt and refined sugar are the 4 white poisons, which are not good for your health. As they don’t have the right amount of protein, vitamins or minerals to keep your body healthy. Moreover, they increase the risk of developing other diseases like hypertension and diabetes. It has also been found via research that eating white rice increases the risk of diabetes by 17 percent.
Here is why you should stop eating these poisons:
- Pasteurized Cow Milk: The only good thing about this milk is that it has a longer life. The process of pasteurization keeps the milk good for a longer period, but harms its nutritive value. It removes enzymes, vitamin A, B 12 and C from the milk. The process also transfers hormones and antibiotics into the milk. Researchers have found that the process also destroys essential and good bacteria like lactobacillus acidophilus. Moreover, about 20% of iodine gets removed from the milk and thus after consuming it, you are more likely to develop constipation.
- White or Refined Rice: The process of refining rice leads to the removal of the outer layer and germ from it. The rice is left with endosperm, only. This layer contains starch in a huge quantity which can increase your blood sugar or glucose levels to a great extent.
- Refined Sugar: White sugar or refined one is full of chemicals. It has no nutritional value. The chemical is derived from sugar cane or beet. Then, the juice of this substance is extracted to get fibre free sugar. The juice is mixed with lime during the refining process. This kills all vitamins present in the juice. Calcium sulphate and sulphuric acid are also used for bleaching of the sugar. This is done to make the sugar look more white than natural.
- Refined Salt: Normal table salt contains iodine. This is needed for a healthy body. But refining of salt removes iodine from the salt. Fluorides are added during the process of refining. The fluorides are bad when consumed in excess. Consumption of refined salt also increases blood pressure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Hello sir, it would be a a great fever if you tell me about the outcome of the following, Sir a girl had sex and she had sex on her ovulating day after periods, the sex was done with a condom on and everything was safe hopefully. The girl's ovulation time (before periods) has come and she is not able to see the ovulation fluid (white lining) from the vagina and no cramps (before periods) what should be your opinion on her situation. Everything was safe but is there any possibility of getting pregnant?
Both heat and cold therapy can help. It may take some trial and error to find out which works best for you.
How does heat therapy help reduce swelling and pain?
Heat dilates (opens up) blood vessels, stimulates blood circulation and reduces muscle spasms.
At home you can try dry heat such as heating pads or moist heat such as warm baths or heated moist towels.
How does cold therapy help reduce swelling and pain?
Cold works differently, it constricts (closes blood vessels) then opens them up again closes and opens up. This alternate closing and opening cycle of blood vessels drains out swelling and toxins from that area. At home you can use ice packs with covers or traditional ice bags or ice cubes in a plastic bag with proper covers so its not too cold.
Both heat and cold should be used very carefully only when sensations are normal otherwise it can cause burns or damage to skin and tissues.
Professional health care providers such as physiotherapists use moist heat, deep heat such as ultrasound therapy and cold therapy along with joint and tissue mobilizations, specific stretching and strengthening exercises, customized tips about improving posture, ergonomics, sleeping habits for long lasting relief from pain.