Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best ENT Specialists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. PrashanthiYour feedback matters!
Sometimes I have pain in my ears during. It happens weekly. I don't know how to end this problem. Please help me with your answers.
I am 20 years old, whenever I am in environment where noise is loud I feel sound like "zzzzz" in my left ear.
Breathe Easy: 6 Natural Remedies to relieve Nasal Congestion
Everyone knows how annoying a stuffy nose can be. The difficulty in breathing even affects your sleep and day to day work. Nasal passages are blocked when the virus causing cold leads to inflammation of the tissues in the nasal cavity. Thankfully there are some simple and non-expensive home remedies that can be used to relieve a blocked nose.
Here are some natural remedies to get rid of nasal congestion during winter months:
1. Garlic :
Garlic is useful in relieving a blocked nose. In addition, it’s anti-bacterial and anti-fungal nature helps to fight with cold virus. You can either chew on 2-3 cloves of whole garlic or boil the cloves in one cup of water and drink the concoction.
2. Apple cider vinegar:
In addition to numerous other health benefits, apple cider vinegar can also help relieve a blocked nose. Mix two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and one teaspoon honey in a cup of water. Drink this at least 2-3 times a day to clear congestion.
Basil or tulsi is also a great treatment for blocked nose. You can chew on a few leaves at night before going to sleep and in the morning. It is a very effective solution for not only relieving congestion but also to treat other conditions of cold like sore throat and cough.
4. Eucalyptus oil:
Eucalyptus oil is highly beneficial for those suffering from nasal congestion due to its decongestant and anti-inflammatory properties. Put one or two drops of eucalyptus essential oil in a fresh handkerchief and inhale the aroma. Do this few times a day. Alternatively, you can add a few drops of eucalyptus essential oil on your pillow so you can get the benefits of this oil while sleeping.
5. Methi seeds:
Methi is a very good natural ingredient to treat nasal congestion, thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties. It also helps to cleanse the mucous membranes. The heat and moisture from methi tea will help in thinning of mucus.
Mix one or two teaspoons of crushed methi seeds in a glass of water. Boil the solution. Strain and drink it while it is warm. Repeat two or three times a day until you get complete relief from the problem.
6. Lemon tea:
A tea made of hot water, lemon, and honey is one of the best stuffy nose relievers and you should try it if you’re looking to quickly get rid of a stuffy nose. To make this simple tea, just boil a cup of water, add the juice from one fresh lemon, and mix in two tablespoons of honey. Drink this up as many times a day as you would like to get rid of your stuffy nose and help you feel better.
So, go ahead and try these effective remedies to breathe easy this winter season. Stay healthy, stay happy!
Hi, I am 39 year male, smoker, I have severe throat infection, chest blockage due to sputum, running nose and sneezing like crazy.
Sir I feel heaviness in my throat like food in my throat after this I checked Gastrologist he write treatment I have treatment last one month but some time feel better some time feel heaviness Sir how long treatment will take.
If you hear a constant ringing in your ears without any external stimulus, it is called tinnitus. The sound can also manifest as incessant roaring, hissing, buzzing or clicking. The sound can be loud or soft, low or high pitched. Tinnitus can occur in one ear, or both the ears.
Tinnitus is primarily of two types:
- Subjective tinnitus: This type of tinnitus is very common. In this type, only you are able to hear the ringing, or buzzing. The main cause of subjective tinnitus is ear problems, especially in the inner, middle and outer ear. Problems in the auditory nerves (hearing) or auditory pathways (the part in your brain that changes nerve signals into sound) can also cause subjective tinnitus.
- Objective tinnitus: In this type of tinnitus, the doctor can also hear the sound when he/she performs an examination. This type of tinnitus is rare. Muscles contractions, problems in the blood vessels or conditions in the middle ear bone can cause objective tinnitus.
Tinnitus is not a condition; it is more of a symptom of some other underlying medical condition. Tinnitus can be caused by any of the following complications-
- Hearing loss (This happens mostly among older people)
- Loud noises
- Sinus and ear infections
- Blood vessel or heart problems
- Meniere's disease (The inner ear is affected by unknown causes which lead to deafness)
- Brain tumours
- Hormonal changes(This happens mostly to women)
- Thyroid problem
- Certain medications (antibiotics, cancer medicines, diuretics, quinine medication, some types of antidepressants, aspirin)
The symptoms of tinnitus include
- You hear noises that no one else will be able to hear
- The sound can be depicted as chirping, whistling, screeching, clicking, static, hissing, buzzing, roaring, pulsing, musical or whooshing.
- The sounds can vary greatly in volume and it is most prominent at night or when your surroundings are quiet
- Loss of hearing commonly follows tinnitus. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.