Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prashanth ReddyYour feedback matters!
Along with the baby, the mother also benefits physically and emotionally from breastfeeding. Due to the release of the prolactin hormones, a peaceful and nurturing sensation fills the mother.
My son is 8 years old. Before 3 year he undergo through open heart surgery due to asd hole by birth. That time his weight was 25 kg. Now his weight is 45 kg. He is continously gaining weight after surgery. His vocal cord pitch is also very high. What is cause and reason? For treatment whom to consult.
Does your kid spend long hours playing video games? If so, then keep a tab on the type of games he plays. Internet is inundated with new age violent games. These are best avoided. A new study has warned against children playing violent video games. It increases your kid?s susceptibility to depression.
The study showed marked increase in symptoms of depression in as small as fifth graders kids. They played violent games on computer for more than two hours. Those kids who played less violent games fared much better than the former.
Keep your watch on your champs to keep them safe.
I have a 3 years old daughter. Now a days she is filling a problem. When ever she done the toilet. She fill so much itching and burn on the sensitive area. So what can I do for her?
Hi, my daughter 9years old complains of headache every day. The pattern of headache is follows: in the morning when she gets up(around 5am) she is absolutely fine but between 9am and 10am when she is in the school it slowly starts. The pain becomes unbearable in the middle of the day but it remains and subsides a little but still continues until 8pm when she sleeps. What we' ve tried so far is eye test which is 6/6 for both eyes. Blood test for haemoglobin, its 10. 8. Ct scan also but it suggests everything normal as seen by an ent and neurologist. This has been the daily routine for the past 5-6 months. Please suggest. Thanks
My daughter is unable to express herself with words instead she communicates with gestures. Her date of birth is 06-08-2015 and she weighs about 10 kilos. Is it normal for a two year old to utter only a few words or is it something to worry? Please help.
Last month only I had a c-section delivery can I continue having green tea while feeding baby it won't be problem for baby!
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated?
1.5 year old girl child have cough about a week and have changed two medicines but till has cough. What can i do?
My baby birth weight 3.250 now 4 month old still weight 5.12 only how to increase the baby weight breastfeeding some time formula milk giving.
My son was given the first dose of rotasure. But the second one on 10 week was not given as rotasure is not available in bangalore. What do I do now? The dose was due on 12th nov.
My daughter first time fits on 16/06/2015 (9 months) due to fever. I took medical assistance. She survived. Doctors gave lipozam tablets up to six years when she get fever for first two days. I took EEG scan also. Doctor said it is good. Next so many times fever came and gone but no symptoms. On 26/8/2016 she got high fever but my five gave only one day tablet second day she did not give tablets. 28/8/2016 (23 months) we went hospital we met doctor after long time we waited and my baby slept. When we entered in doctor room she suddenly woke up and saw doctor and feared again she got fits. Sir what is this condition. What can I do for my daughter as a father.
Sir, my daughter is 8 years old. She always complain about a pain in her stomach. Could you pls tell me the possible reason for this n what will be the remedy for the same.
I have some kind of allergy from dust. Because of this I think I usually suffer from tonsillitis. What can I do or should do to be healthy?
World Diabetes Day is celebrated on 14 November, each year. It is the primary global awareness campaign for diabetes as it is one of the major problem of today's time. With an upsurge in the number of people suffering from diabetes, the sole aim of celebrating this day is to create awareness about this disease and suggest preventive measures to those who have not acquired it and provide tips to manage it to those who are living with it.
So, here are 15 health tips that will help you manage your diabetes effectively:
- You should quit smoking as it is very bad for diabetic patients. Smoking leads to narrowing of the blood vessels, which reduces proper blood circulation.
- You have to track your exercise patterns. Take actual notes about your exercise habits and make necessary changes based on the record.
- Eliminate fast food from your diet. Avoid eating out at restaurants and avoid taking extra salt, sugar and calories. You should cook your meals at home with light ingredients and less salt and sugar.
- Diabetes severely affects your vision and blindness is and blindness is a serious problem which may occur. Hence, get your vision checked regularly to prevent retinopathy.
- Avoid having quick coffees. Fancy cups of coffee are full of sugar, which lead to glucose and insulin fluctuation in your body.
- You must stay active and fit. This is the most important lifestyle choice for any diabetic patient. By exercising, you will maintain a good shape, your metabolism gets boosted and the insulin production increases as well.
- You should use a pedometer to calculate how much you are moving each day while exercising.
- Try to consume fruits and vegetables. By trying new vegetables and fruits, you will be able to keep your blood sugar under check and see how your body reacts.
- You must increase your amount of fibre intake. Fibre is important for diabetic patients, which keeps the digestive processes to run smoothly. Your cholesterol level decreases and blood sugar levels may reduce if you take enough fibre.
- You should chew gum as it keeps your mouth busy. It makes you crave for less food.
- You should eat on smaller plates. This is a psychological trick which makes you consume less amount of food and your sugar and calorie levels are maintained.
- Before taking any food item or eating out, gather information about them. Learn about diabetes friendly food options at restaurants and check which products you should avoid buying from the market.
- You should get your blood sugar levels checked regularly. You should check it several times a day to learn how your body responds to food.
- Circulation problems may cause issues with your feet, which may lead to a lack of sensation, cuts and scrapes. Check your feet regularly to notice changes.
- Instead of having 2,3 large meals a day, you should take several small meals throughout the day. This will keep your body’s digestive processes active thereby increasing insulin sensitivity.