Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prashanth Reddy
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prashanth ReddyYour feedback matters!
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
My 11 months boy baby is doing excess vomiting and loose motion watery type from last 2 days. But now he is doing better, what may be reason and suggest some prescription.
Hi my baby boy 9 month old he having acidity, too much, I am giving food suzi halwa, dalia, dahi, lassi, shakes, custard, allu, cerelac, daal, but I don't know how I give daily or weekly, even I need diet chart for 7 days, ND for acidity wat I do help me plss.
My son studying in 6 standard, every day he studies for 2-3 hours, but he cannot remember nor able to write correctly what he had studied yesterday. Kindly suggest the solution how to maintain the memory what he had studied. Also their is regularly etching on his dody, he is 10 years old because of that lot of etching mark on his hands.
My niece is 25 days old and weight is about 3.5 kg. She is needed by lactogen no. 1. What should be the amount of milk given in one day.
On the occasion of Children’s Day this year, switch to smarter choices from entertaining toys and noisy video games as gifts for your kids. Enhance their lifestyle by making available gifts that involve constructive physical, cognitive or emotional skills. All you need to do is find the ideal gift for your little one that adds a smile on his face while teaching him something meaningful.
Maintain your own Calendar!
Gift #1- Most children like to know what day it is, how many days until a certain event, or even what the plan of the day is and so on. Some kids struggle with spur-of-the-moment plans. Gifting your little boy or girl their own month or annual planner will also make your world run smoothly. This enables them to write down their own classes, events, play dates or school days.
Benefit- A calendar would make your young one responsible enough to remember important dates and maintain his/her own schedule.
Challenging Games and Puzzles!
Gift #2- Kids love great indoor activities that pique their interests. Some are known to be constructive activities that teach your child a lot. Certain games help in strengthening mathematical skills in children like Monopoly and Payday. Memory or language games too help in adding value to your child’s mind. Rory’s Story Cubes and Q-bitz are challenging games that check and increase visual and creative skills.
Benefit- Games help in brain development and enhance problem solving skills. Puzzles increase creative and novel thinking that help in building your kid’s IQ.
Gift #3- If your children enjoy eating or cooking food, they will love this gift. All you need to do is select an easy recipe of a yummy treat and purchase all the required ingredients. To make the event a special one, set a date and time for cooking together. Baking or cooking together with your child is an ideal time to share a beautiful bond while they learn life skills.
Benefit- This special home activity will surely instil culinary values. As a whole this process would also train them to work as team and follow procedures and steps carefully.
A Micro-Library for Kids
Gift #4- Reading is a habit that mostly develops at a younger age and it’s an essential if you want your child to have a strong hold over a language. Books with a message and stories with a deep-rooted moral go a long way in inspiring the young minds. Good reads with a positive layout for kids that you can opt for are “I Believe in Me” by Connie Bowen or “On My Way to a Happy Life” by Deepak Chopra.
Benefit- Books are teachers in itself as they impart knowledge. Good books develop spoken, written, creative and cognitive skills whilst teaching your kid perfect usage of the language.
Telling the Time
Gift #5- You can check whether or not your child knows how to read analog clocks in this age of digitalisation. If you find he/she takes too long to think about it you can think of getting them a cool analog watch with three hands. This makes them want to be able to tell time on it.
Benefit- Being on time is a wonderful thing. Train your kid to be punctual at his/her growing years by gifting them the perfect time-managing instrument.
What is ADHD?
ADHD refers to attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, which is a brain-related condition found among preschoolers, children, teenagers and in many cases extends well into adulthood. These individuals have significant impairment in academics as well as social situations and interpersonal relations. The child has difficulty sustaining attention, phases of hyper activeness and cannot control his/her impulses which make their day to day life at school and home difficult.
The symptoms of this disorder among children can be categorized under three headings.
1. Hyperactivity which includes -
- Fidgets often
- Inability to stay at one place runs around and tries to climb things
- Trouble playing quietly
- Excessive talking
2. Inattention, which can be divided into symptoms like
- Getting easily distracted
- Tendency to loose things
- Facing problems related to organizing things
- Not listening carefully
- Forgetting about daily activities, carelessness
- Interrupts others as they speak and talks out of turn
- Answers questions without listening to what has been asked
- Not being able to wait for their turn to come
10-12% of school children before puberty are affected by one or more types of ADHD. ADHD especially hyperactivity is more prevalent in boys than in girls, with the ratio up to 9:1. Inattention and poor concentration are more commonly seen amongst girls. The rate of ADHD in parents and sibling of children with ADHD is 5-10 times higher than in the general population.
The probable causes of ADHD among children are,
- Neurodevelopmental changes - A poorly developed activity of the brain particularly in the areas that control attention and concentration cause ADHD. This causes an imbalance in the neurotransmitters or the chemicals important for brain functioning and development.
- Genetic Factors - genetic studies show that ADHD is largely hereditary in nature with a heritability of 75% approximately. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Children are born with juvenile and weak immune systems. Therefore, they have a tendency to get a high number of diseases, every one to two months. Children's immune systems start to develop not long after birth. The quantity of infections and allergies start to run down with time. When kids are in school, their rate of infections is generally the same as the rate for grown-ups. It is typical for a kid till the age of five to fall ill a few times per year. Thrice is still reasonable. If it goes beyond that, it classifies as a constant infection.
Most specialists are only concerned, if the child suffers from basic viral infections to more complicated ones and extreme bacterial diseases such as blood diseases and pneumonia. Bizarre infections or an expansion in the quantity of diseases after some time are other cautioning signs.
However, here are certain homeopathic cures that help build the immune system along with treating some of these serious issues:
- Allium Cepa: When there is watery release from the eyes along with a running nose, Allium Cepa is one of the best homeopathic medicines. It is ideal for infections that are weather-related. The eyes become red and are sensitive to light. The watery release from the nose is thin and harsh. In the meantime, the release from the eyes is a little thick.
- Arundo: At times when the symptoms start with extreme itching, Arundo is especially recommended and is one of the best homeopathic cures for constant infections in children. There is a great deal of itching and tingling in the nose, the eyes and on top of the mouth.
- Sulfur: This is the most common homeopathic medicine for skin infections with extreme itching and burning sensation. The skin usually stays dry and the patient gets relief by scratching it. Remaining tired all the time, having a sad and grimy looking skin, getting temptation for desserts and extreme warmth in the entire body are some symptoms for which Sulfur is selected.
- Arsenic Album: In situations where there is serious thirst and the child feels really weak, Arsenic Album is one of the best homeopathic medications for repetitive infections. There might be anxiety and uneasiness with alternate side effects of fever.
- Merc Sol: When the child does not feel comfortable in warm or cold surroundings, Merc Sol is extremely effective and is one of the best homeopathic medicines. There is a great amount of wheezing and watery release from the nose. The child feels worse in humid or wet climate. Increased sweating is another sign in order to take this medicine.
- Natrum Mur: In situations where there is a lot of sniffling and the symptoms begin with wheezing, Natrum Mur is very effective and is one of the best homeopathic medicines for repetitive infections. There is a lot of dryness of the mouth and mucous membrane.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!