Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prashanth Chandra NyYour feedback matters!
My son aged 13 years, an epilectic and autistic patient. My question is doctor prescribed addwize tablet to reduce autism for 3 and half years, is this appropriate to take this medicine for that long period ? Please suggest me to take addwize tablet for long time appropriate or not?
Is masturbation good or bad for health. Is masturbation causes losses weight. Sie tell me all about masturbation.
I have gastric problem since last year. I take aciloc tablet to get relief. Please suggest me how can I cure it permanently. What should I do?
I sneeze a lot when I come in contact with dust, drinking cold water, milk, curd etc. Do I have sinus problem? What shall I do?
Hello doctor, I never had any heart problems in my entire life. But before some months my closet friend passed away by heart attack and he was smoker. I was very depressed because of that and few days later I was very disturbed & depressed because some personal issues and I was thinking about that friend it was like phobia I also smoked too much cigarettes on that day suddenly my heart started beating abnormally and I started feeling abnormal. Doctors scanned my heart and they found WPW syndrome so some doctors advised me to operate and some suggested to avoid surgery because it was symptomatic. What is your opinion. Thanking you.
In last 3 days I have feel some trouble in my throat such as sore throat, pain in throat, ear pain, headache, laziness. I am a smoker so I am afraid about it bcoz it may be a throat cancer so please sir help me. What should I do?
I am suffering from regular sneezing and coughing, specially when wake up in the morning. How can I get rid of this?
Hello doctor My mom age is 74, already she is having diabetes her sugar level is normal and her HB IS QUIET below from normal level its 9.From two 3 days she is complaining for urine infection in passing urine is going through pain can' able sit or stand and small amount of urine coming again and again. Kindly tell her medicine so that she can get relief from infection.
I frequently suffer from cold and cough during winter season. I also allergy of sneezing from dust. I want ayurvedic remedy for cough and cold.
You can be very much addicted to having sugar that many-a-times you might find it difficult to cut down on the amount of your intake. You might find it impossible to stop eating sugar. You might crave to have anything which has a lot of sugar in it.
Why is it bad?
Sugar is a fattening compound as it contains fructose. Sugar causes you to overeat, which in turn causes weight gain. It can bring anatomical changes in the brain, which gets you into an addiction. Sugar addiction is just like any other addiction, like that with nicotine or any other drugs. The only difference is the substance being used. Sugar can mess with the chemical balance of the brain to make you crave for it more.
- A 2009 study from the University of California shows how a high-fructose diet can cause you to build new fat cells around your heart, liver, and digestive organs in just 10 weeks, plunging you into the early stages of diabetes and heart disease (whereas a high glucose diet did not have the same effects)
- Excess fructose consumption is a major contributor to insulin resistance and obesity, hypertension, cardiovascular disease, liver disease, cancer, arthritis, and other diseases
- Fructose is metabolized very differently in your body from glucose; all of the metabolic burden falls on your liver, in much the same way as for alcohol, and your body becomes a sea of toxic by-products.
- Glucose, on the other hand, is your body’s nearly ideal source of fuel, meaning it has none of the damaging metabolic effects of fructose; glucose also suppresses your appetite, unlike fructose, which stimulates your appetite and encourages overeating and the accumulation of excess body fat
How to overcome it?
To overcome sugar addiction, here are a few steps you can take:
- Observe yourself: This is the first step you should take. Observe what you eat, how much of sugar it contains. Take a note of how you feel after having sugar or something, which is laden with sugar. Keep a diary entry of whatever you observe about yourself and your sugar consumption.
- Practice self care: It is extremely difficult for any sugar addict to transition into a diet without any sugar or low sugar content. You will have to take it slow and add regular practice of self care. Do not avoid breakfast every morning. Remember to add in the required amount of fats and proteins (learn more about the Importance of Protein). Do not skip out on meals. Drink a lot of water and fluids like fresh fruit juice and sleep for at least 7 hours or more so that you get proper rest.
- Be honest with yourself: If you are trying to get rid of the sugar addiction, you have to be extremely honest without yourself. If you succumb to temptation and end up eating a few too many candies, then be honest with yourself and admit it. Make it a point to overcome the temptation the next time.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.