Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Prashant Ramesh UtageYour feedback matters!
Many times normally during studies and drinking hot liquids (water, milk, tea, coffee) I feels internal bleeding in nasopharynx as smell of blood and simultaneously irony taste of blood also comes in oropharynx. I am facing this problem from 4 years. Asked many doctors even in Aiims but no help I got. What can I do? I also have migraine form 3 years.
I am a epileptic patient and I am planning to take fat burner soon to lose my body fat. For epilepsy I am taking levetiracetam 250 mg and clobazam 10 mg. Is it safe to take fat burner to lose my body weight? It will stimulant free far burner! Soo is it safe to take or not? I will be doing workout too. Hoping positive reply! Thanks!
I am 53 years male. Affected by left hemiplegia 7 months before and under rehabilitation now. During sleeping I am getting dreams. Most of the time my childhood days with minute details appearing. Is it a regular symptom for a stroke patient or any dis-order?
Sir mujhe one year se bhi jyada ho gya hai problem ko ek din news dekh rha tha tv pe aur ek dam jhatka lga aur toungue aur legs kampne lage. Uske baad se stomach upset hone lga. Aur ab body vibrate krne lgi hai aur lagta hai jaan jane wali hai. Bahut jyada weakness lgti hai. 10 years mastrubation kr rha hu. Please btaiye kya karu. Ab to bahut jyada bura haal hai. Kabhi kabhi supne mein se niklna mushkil ho jata hai jaise paralayis ho gya ho. Sare test karva chuka hu sab thik hai. Ab meri body vibrate krti hai aur lagta hai jaan chali jayegi. Problem kya hai.
My mom is taking trika medicine to sleep. Is it good She is suffering from migraine. She is not able to sleep at night.
Hi I am facing some of symptoms of insomnia. Like feeling sleepy and drowsy all day, not feel fresh after sleep. I sleep by 12 and wake up by 8 still all the above issues I am facing. Please help me what should I do. It is impacting on my work.
There is a distinct relationship between sleeping disorders and your emotional health. Both influence each other. Insomnia, a common sleeping disorder, is generally caused due to stress and tension. Depression and anxiety also account for insomnia. It has been proven by research that people who experience sleeplessness or cases of insomnia are at a higher risk of depression and similar psychiatric disorders.
Insomnia is an important factor which causes depression, and many people affected by it commit suicide. Researchers have found dysfunctional activity in the area of the brain where emotions are processed and regulated, among people with insomnia. Their study explains the mechanism by which insomnia affects and influences emotions in people, which leads to depression and other disorders.
The ways in which insomnia affects your emotions
There is a clear difference in the brain activities of people with insomnia when compared with normal people who get good sleep. There is usually a great difference between the activities of the amygdala, which are neurons in the temporal lobe of the brain. The amygdala is very important in regulation and processing of emotions.
- Insomnia disrupts the ability of the brain to process negative emotions.
- Neural change and problems with regulating emotions are also caused because of insomnia.
- Insomnia disables the ability of judging or sensing any kind of emotion by looking at the face of a person. It is difficult to judge emotions such as anger and sadness in people suffering from insomnia. This impairment occurs more in women.
- Insomnia and similar sleeping disorders affect our inhibition and disrupt our impulse control mechanism. An insomniac person is likely to develop increased impulsiveness to negative stimulus.
- People suffering from insomnia develop a perception towards negative stuff and perceive most things in a negative way, rather than looking at the bright side which a normal person tends to do. People affected by insomnia are characterized by a negative mood and are pessimists in nature.
- A sleep deprived or insomniac patient shows greater activity around the limbic area of the brain. This is the area where major emotional regulation and processing are undertaken.
- A person suffering from insomnia develops a cranky personality. The patient is in an irritable mood and is triggered by the slightest and pettiest of circumstances. An insomniac patient is also characterized by swinging moods, high temper and general fatigue, which result due to lack of sleep.
Insomnia is a sleeping disorder which directly affects a person's emotions and the processing and regulation of emotions. There is a direct and important link between insomnia and emotional disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
June is known as the Brain Tumour Month worldwide. It’s worthwhile to raise public awareness and educate people about brain tumour, a disease which, though is rare is but can be really deadly. More than 500 new cases are diagnosed with brain tumour every day worldwide. The number of patients with secondary tumours are even higher than 500. However, it is common across all ages. A primary brain tumour is a tumour that begins in the brain. It can be either malignant, which means it contains cancer cells or benign i.e. does not contain cancer cells. A secondary or metastatic brain tumour is usually cancerous. It starts elsewhere in the body and sends cancerous cells which grow in the brain.
Here are a few facts that each one of us should know about this dangerous disease
- Brain tumours can occur at any age.
- We don’t know what causes brain tumors. Family history and high dose radiation like X-rays increases your risk.
- Doctors group brain tumors by grade which means the way the brain cells look under a microscope. A higher grade number means the cells appear more abnormal and the more aggressively the tumour usually behaves.
- Brain tumors are graded as grade I, grade II, or grade III, or grade IV.
The symptoms of brain tumour depend on the size, type, and location of the brain tumour. Some common symptoms which should not be ignored are-
- Problems with vision
- Mental and personality changes
- Balance problems and trouble walking
- Problems in speaking
Brain tumours are diagnosed by the doctor based on the medical history and physical examination along with a slew of specialized tests of the brain and nervous system.
- Radiation therapy
- Anti-seizure medicines
- Ventricular peritoneal shunt
- Combination of treatments
How can you safeguard yourself?
The primary tool to prevent brain tumours is by controlling your lifestyle. This means eating healthy, exercising, avoiding known carcinogens in your environment, and reducing stress.
- Sleep: Sleep is a friend for brain health. An adequate amount of rest with eyes shut keeps your brain health.
- Frankincense oil: Along with yoga, meditation, and breathing exercises to reduce stress, inhaling frankincense oil can help alleviate inflammation in the brain.
- Anti cancer diet: Consuming a diet rich in cancer-fighting nutrients like antioxidants is critical in preventing brain tumors.
- Ketogenic diet: A ketogenic diet is a high protein diet. It reduces oxidative stress and inflammation in the brain which is associated with brain tumours. It also shuts down the nutrient supply to tumors.
- Calorie restriction: Dietary restriction, especially fasting has anti-carcinogenic properties just as the ketogenic diet.
- Limit exposure to mobile phones: Cell phones use increases risk for brain tumours. So restriction prevents these tumours. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurologist.