Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. Prashant Ramesh UtageYour feedback matters!
I am aged 48 years, female with diabetes for 17 years. My right hand gives heavy pain and becomes numb while sleeping under air conditioner. In the morning after waking up and coming out of ac it takes nearly one hour to become normal. Result for diabetic neuropathy negative. Present sugar value is fasting 117 and post prandial is 200. Not obesse and lipid levels are normal. On insulin 18 units per day with diamond m carbopage prolomet 75 mg and pod tabs in the morning and in night dianorm m, pioglite 0.75mg prolomet 75 mg atrovastatin and ecosprin and repace are administered. How to get rid of the right hand pain?
I get tingling and numb feeling in my hands and legs. I feel light headed and my heart palpitates heavily. I hv to take long breathes. This happens every alternate days since last 15 years. Please help.
I got strain usually in my legs and numbness in my foot please suggest something as nerve over nerve problem are usual with me.
Hi Suffering from peripheral neuropathy last 25 yrs. Would like to know if curable. 75 yrs. Age. Not diebatic. Everything normal. Sponginess and less sensation in feet. Keep falling without support.
Hi sir, before 7 months I had a seizure in sleep. Aftr than 3 days before I had the same. I had an eeg and something is abnormal in the report. Pls tell me what is the cause for that sudden seizure. None in my family has it.
Greeting sir, I have been taking FELIZ-S PLUS for the last 7 years for my anxiety and insomnia. Is it safe in all aspects. Kindly advise.
I am 62 years old having diabetes for the last 15years. I am controlling diabetes by taking insulin and thru balanced diet. Recently I developed numbness in my right hand thumb abd index finger. Kindly advise cure.
Hello doctor my mother has burning sensation on both her feet with numbness (she feels something between her feet and the ground, what medication you'll recommend?
I feel always nervous when doing anything and MY hand always shivering in fear is there any solutions?
Dr. hume migrain hai so ye bataye ki kya iska koi ilaj hai india mai aur kuch suggest kriye kaise ye thik hoga please Dr. bcz bahut dard hota hai body mai.
migraine-: ayurvedic view
Migraine headaches are commonly defined as episodic or recurrent severe headaches, typically of a throbbing or stabbing nature, usually on one side of the head, the neck or behind the eye.
~~migraine pain commonly lasts for about 6 to 48hrs.
~~migraine is triggered by some factors which result in excessive stimulation (constriction and sudden dilatation) of blood vessels in the head.
~~migraine may or may not be preceded by an aura; aura may cause visual disturbances such as flashing lights, zig-zags, sparkles or blurring of a visual field.
~~migraine is associated with nausea, vomiting, dizziness and or cognitive disturbances.
~~patient may also experience chills, sweating, fatigue and weakness etc.
Improper metabolism, suppression of natural urges, anger, jealousy, grief, poor elimination, intake of dry, pungent and salty food, intake of polluted food, mental and physical stress, viewing of tv for long periods, reading with insufficient light, sleeplessness etc.
B. Origin of migraine headaches:
Due to the causative factors, pitta dosha obstructs the flow of vata dosha in the brain, causing throbbing pain.
C. Pain management-:
1. Avoiding the cause and trigger factors.
2. Keeping a diary record of specific foods were eaten, environmental exposure, sleep patterns may help to identify personal trigger factors.
3. Sneha nasya therapy at home-: sneha nasya, instillation of medicated oils to the nostrils by shadbindu tailam or anu tailam yield significant benefits.
4. Apply a paste of freshly ground clay or freshly ground sandalwood to the forehead, let dry, rub off by hand and wash.
5. Mix a quarter teaspoon of clove powder with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon oil. Apply this paste on the affected area for 20-30 minutes.
6. Add chamomile powder to 1 cup of boiling water. Transfer the liquid to a cup. Drink when hot. It gives fast relief from migraine.
7. Take half glass of carrot juice. Add half glass of spinach juice. Mix well. Drink this juice twice daily.
8. Grind 10-12 grains of black pepper and 10-12 grains of rice with water to make it a paste. Apply this paste on the affected area of the head for 15-20 minutes.
9. Sugar powder 16 parts, vamshalochana 8 parts, pippali (long pepper) 4 parts, ela (cardamom) 2 parts, cinnamon - 1 part. Make fine powder and mix it, keep in tight moisture-free container. Take half teaspoon thrice daily with honey.
10. Aromatherapy- pitta calming aromas typically flower fragrances like lily, cloves, lotus, lavender, peppermint, rose, sandalwood are beneficial.
11. According to Ayurveda virechan (laxative therapy) is an effective way to reduce excess pitta. Castor oil or warm milk with ghee or triphla at bedtime is helpful.
12. Practicing meditation is highly recommended.
13. Morning and evening walk followed by brisk exercise is recommended.
14. Avoid hard physical exertional exercises and aggressive sports competitions.
15. Avoid working for long hours continuously; take short breaks. Have a good night's sleep (8hrs) in a dark room.
~~apple, mango, papaya, cheeku, guava.
~~salad 1hr before lunch, 1hr before dinner.
~~buttermilk, boiled rice sauted with cinnamon, cumin seeds and garlic or asfoetida are good in the daytime.
~~have warm and easily digestible foods, boiled and steamed vegetables, soups, vegetable juices, porridge, brown rice and whole-wheat flour.
~~avoid yogurt, especially at night.
~~avoid refined, oily, spicy, cold, sour foods (fermented, pickled) and stale food, aerated drinks.
~~avoid coffee, tea, alcohol, smoking.
~~avoid cheese, chocolate and wine.
E. Yogasanas and pranayama:
Hastapadasana, setu bandhasana, marjariasana, paschimottanasana, bhastrika and anulom-vilom pranayama.
Note: when suffering from a migraine attack:
~lie down in a dark, quiet place and get some sleep.
~~drink only water.
~~apply hot or cold compresses.
~~ consult doctor
I sleep late in night around 2 am and wake at 9 am due to which I am having migraine and feel depressed. What to do now?
I start workout last few days, when I do continues workout half an hour, I am numb and also suffered like bp low. What can I do pls help me.
Sir I have problem with social enxayti disorder on meet new people, writing, and speaking on stage before my hand foot and neck show vibration. After sometime normally. Or no vibration. Please give me such as treatment or yoga. I am passing through very trouble with this social phobia or enxyati.
When I was small I use to faint on one ocassion of the other. At the age of 19, I developed some unpleasantness in my body. I was told that it is not stomch problem rather schizophrenia. I took medicine and did a lot of exercise I became normal. Subsequently, at the age 31 the same problem replapsed. This lasted for two years & medicine and exercise were of no help. Subsequently, I improved through some homepathic medicine. At the age of 50, the same problem began and I fainted on several ocassions. After thinking it to be again a' psychiatric problem, I was told that it is' seizure. I took medicine for 4 years but all through I was not the same self. When the doctor reduced medicine the seizure once again recurred. At age of 56 years I am both on psychiatric medicine (nexito 10) and neurological medicine (3 eptoin & 1-2 lacoset). What is the problem with me? is it going to last for the remaining years of my life? does schizophernia at an earlier stage becomes epilepsy in the later stage of life? as per horroscope moon means mind and 6th house means desease. My simple strength moon is the 6th house. Moon also means mother. My sister was born 11 months after my birth and hence separated. When I was borne there was heavy rain and there was moon in the sky. On fool moon day i. E. Lunar the lunatics in an assylum are told to see the full moon.
Hello sir, My age 23 years and i am suffering from severe headache (migraine. Is there any remedy for this.
Hello Sir, I am 20 years old male with tounge fissures, it's quite painless but, I noticed I can not drink hot beverages with ease and can not easily eat spicy food also it looks really weird, how do I get rid of it? Please suggest some easy home remedies/medications. Thanks.
1. Maintain a healthy lifestyle such as eating well, drinking water regularly, avoiding stress and maintaining a healthy weight. Frequently, individuals develop sleep disorders due to stress or obesity.
2. Establish a regular schedule for sleep. Wake up and go to bed at the same time everyday, including weekends. Establishing a regular sleep schedule will train your body to sleep soundly on a consistent basis.
3. Avoid taking naps throughout the day. If you take a nap during the day, then you will be less tired at night, be more restless and may not sleep as deeply.
4. Abstain from smoking, drinking alcohol or ingesting caffeine because they can keep you up at night. Even though alcohol makes you sleepy, it obstructs the quality of your sleep.
5. Exercise regularly so that your body will be tired, but do not exercise for 3 to 4 hours before you go to sleep, because it may energize you.
6. Refrain from eating heavy meals for dinner, which can make you feel uncomfortable and will prevent you from sleeping well.
7. Create a bedroom that is quiet, dark and a comfortable temperature, which will promote sleep and avoid disturbances.
8. Sleep on your side with your head slightly elevated to prevent the symptoms of sleep apnea.
9. Construct a bedtime routine such as reading, meditating or bathing. Having a routine will train your body to recognize that you are preparing for sleep, which will help you to fall asleep easier.
10. Use your bedroom for sleep only. Do not work or do any other tasks in your bedroom if possible. If your bedroom is used only for sleep, then you will associate the room with sleep, which will aid in falling asleep faster and sleeping deeply.
11. Get out of bed and engage in a non-stimulating activity, such as reading until you feel sleepy again. Sometimes lying in bed when you are not able to sleep makes it more difficult to feel sleepy.