Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Prashant GaladaYour feedback matters!
Hi I have high BP and am under medication I want to know is it right if I buy a digital BP monitor and occasionally check my BP on it and if yes which is a good BP monitor available today.
Heart disease or cardiovascular disease is an umbrella term that encompasses a variety of heart related ailments including Angina, coronary artery disease, pulmonary stenosis, irregular heartbeat as well as heart failure and cardiac attacks, among many others. Training the heart to pump blood in a better fashion when one is suffering from such conditions, is the cornerstone of managing cardiovascular ailments. The exercises for this usually revolve around strengthening the heart and its various parts.
Tai Chi is an ancient Chinese form of energy flow exercises that can help patients suffering from heart or cardiovascular diseases. Let us see how.
- Non Vigorous: It is a medically proven fact that non vigorous exercises form an important part of managing the heart in such ailments. This is one of the most important rehabilitation elements for such patients. This kind of exercise usually involves movements like walking and even other mild forms of exercise. Tai Chi is one such form of breathing and motion.
- Muscular Strength: This mind body exercise is a traditional one that can benefit the aerobic capacity of the patient and create a basis for building the muscular strength in the area.
- Hypertension: High blood pressure is one of the most common problems experienced by patients who are suffering from any cardiovascular ailment. With the help of Tai Chi, the systolic and diastolic blood pressure levels have shown marked improvement. This is due to the uptake of oxygen in this resistance based, mild exercise which does not put undue pressure on the heart.
- Diabetes: Diabetes mellitus is another common side effect or even cause of cardiovascular diseases. For many patients, both the ailments go hand in hand. With the help of Tai Chi, the patient can show remarkable improvement in the blood sugar level as well. This also helps in losing some amount of weight even as the Tai Chi practitioners are encouraged to make dietary changes.
- Balance: Tai Chi helps in attaining a certain balance and poise that is required for the constant cleansing of toxins from the body and its various organs. In this way, Tai Chi actually works as a wholesome lifestyle moderator as well.
- Breathing: In Tai Chi, the practitioner is asked to focus on one's breath. This will deeply enhance the way we take and use oxygen within the system, which in turn has a highly beneficial effect as far as heart diseases go. This effect is also known as meditation in motion.
You can also take the package for Improving Heart Health.
Practicing Tai Chi is beneficial for good health and potentially fatal ailments like heart disease. Remember to ask your doctor whether or not you can try out a new form of exercise before you start. If you wish to discuss about any specific cardio or heart problem, you can consult a specilized cardiologist and ask a free question.
Last nyt I didn't sleep well turning ryt side to left side in the midnight. At that tym I slept at left side some how on my hand placing below the ribs. Nd whole night my ribs r bend slightly b'coz of that my ribs started paining front side nd my backside of my ribs frm 3days. I applied some oil nd medicine tablets but it no use of it so Dr. please tell me how cure my ribs pain.
I am 78 years female, suffering from stomach ache, I also have diabetes 20 years, thyroid and blood pressure 80-130. Please prescribe a medicine.
Hello doctor, I am 43 years old man. I am facing high cholesterol problem since last 3 years & taking medicine live pas 20 one tablet on daily basis as per doctor advise. I want to know what is side effect on hart? my body is tirdy & pain last few day's. Please advise.
Can I relate sting feeling on left side of chest to acid reflux. moreover I am suffering from anxiety too, the stinging or pinching happens when I take a deep breath. Leaving that the left side always seems to be heavier! Please suggest me best approach to overcome this Thanks.
I am 22 years old and I get stressed out and afraid when two drunken peoples are fighting in front of me, I get frightened easily when some car or a dog passes through me. My elder sister and my mother also responds in same way. Are we sensitive .is sensitivity a genetic trait, why are we so faint hearted.
Hello doctors I am Dhandapani I had heart attack last 5 months before angioplasty had done a stent had inserted and taking medicines as follows Ecosprin 75 mg Axcer 90 mg flavedon Mr. 35 mg Nikoran 5 mg Starpress xl 25 Pregastar m For sugar. Gemer1 mg For thyroid theobromine 75 mg I eat breakfast in time at about 9 am Lunch @2.30 pm And dinner at 9.30. In between fruits like papaya Kiwi, pomp granites and apple Of all these too much of has forms and get mild chest discomforts Unfortunately due to this I had undergone four times of angiogram all times it was normal for first time it was one artery was 100 blocked land one medicated stent had been inserted.
I am 25 years old. I have heart problem. Some time I feel do much pain doctors says you have whole in heart. I make two heart operation .kindly give me any solution.
I'm suffering from Chest pain for 2 months sir. It's not all the day pain but some times in a day. What was the problem sir please help me to prevent this. How to reduce this pain send me instructions sir. Thank you sir.
I am 23 years old female often times I get pain in left side of my chest ( at least 2 times in a day)
This is a question that is asked very often. Both these condition Hypertension and Diabetes are not like cold or fever where we take medications and stop them when it subsides. They are not diseases but rather conditions that develop in the body. By conditions i mean that they can be controlled but never really eliminated. The means of controlling is by medications. There are some exceptions such as obesity high grade and pregnancy where in diabetes and hypertension occur but are lost once significant weight is reduced or after child is delivered. However, otherwise they go out of control if medication is not taken after the condition is under control especially during periods of stress and excessive eating. Even in obesity and pregnancy the drugs are only stopped under medical supervision and monitoring periodically (weekly or biweekly) and it is never advisabale for patients to stop medications on their own.
Many people think at least for once if they can eliminate all allopathic medicines and try some other form of treatment from another system of medicine to get rid of diabetes and hypertension completely. If this was possible then there would be a documented or known case of such a thing happening but unfortunately there is none. Therefore do not stop or discontinue medications without medical supervision and periodic monitoring of both conditions or else it may have serious consequences.