Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. PrashantYour feedback matters!
I have a stomach ache and several instances of acidity. I have a lee-biotic medicine. Can I take it?
I am 59 years old lady. Had bypass surgery cardiac 18 months back n on medication ecosprin, aztor-20, amglocard 5mgg, clopigrel-75 Angina kind symptoms recurs with stress, or physical vigorous activities n whenever I get too emotional or gets into depression quite often. Staying alone as children r married n living separately. Any medication to reduce mental anxiety, stress n to prevent me going in depression due to emotional loneliness. At times severe headache also triggers with chest n left arm heaviness n pain Please advise
I am 26 years old boy. I got premature grey hair since 3/4 years. I heard that Home made Curry leaf oil will turn grey hair into black. Is it really works and is it has any side effects. Now I am using Shikai soap for Hair wash. Please suggest me what to do.
I am losing hair quickly and have tried all shampoos and visited many doctors but not effect yet. L am not sure what else can I do. Can you please help me with this?
Is that any solution of my back bone is getting day buy day bend soldier gets bend. Plzz help me can you help me.
Sir I have the habit of 'Hasthaprayogam' and I'm feeling that due to this my body weakness is increasing & bone pains are coming to leg while sleeping. Is Hasthaprayogam causes weakness to body ?if not what's the problem for weakness? Any problem to my sex life due to Hasthaprayogam?
I have irregular teeths and 2 missing canines. Please let me know about the estimated cost to be incurred in the treatment through lingual braces or other best alternative.
I have my nerves seen in my hands too big and I too have the shaking problem of my hands everyday and my nerves are like coming out like very bigger. Please someone help me on this. Thank you.
I have been taking garlic pearls for the last two months. Are there any side effects of taking garlic pearls for a long period of time.
The heart is a muscular organ that pumps blood to the entire body through a network of arteries and veins. This network contains big vessels which branch out further to supply blood to the distant organs. There is, therefore, some pressure that the heart and thereby the vessels need to exert to push the blood through these vessels. This is known as blood pressure, and normal pressure levels range from 90-140(systolic)/60-90(diastolic) mm of Hg. However, due to various reasons, this pressure could be more, which is one of the first signs of heart disease.
Causes of increased blood pressure:
- Thickening of the blood vessels. With age, the elastic blood vessels naturally turn rigid and less elastic, so there is more pressure required to push blood. It is natural for people over 55 years of age to have higher readings of blood pressure. This is known as primary hypertension (HTN).
- Narrowed blood vessels. This happens due to cholesterol accumulation along the walls of the blood vessels. Faulty dietary habits along with sedentary lifestyle have increased the incidence of hypertension due to this condition, known as atherosclerosis. Critical atherosclerotic narrowing of renal arteries lead to renovascular HTN that is one of the commonest of secondary HTN.
Other Causes of secondary hypertension are:
- Kidney problems
- Thyroid hormone disorders
- Congenital heart defects
- Chronic alcohol abuse
- Adrenal gland tumours
- Chronic use of medications like birth control pills, pain killers, etc.
Unidentified and uncontrolled hypertension can be silent and can lead to more severe conditions like heart attack and stroke. India is fast becoming the new hypertension capital of the world. Some of the common risk factors are:
- Family history
- Being obese or overweight
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Alcohol consumption
- Excessive salt intake
- Stress levels
- Ethnic background
- Hypertension can go undetected for years together, but if there are risk factors like diabetes and high cholesterol, it is advisable to periodically monitor blood pressure.
- Headaches, nosebleeds, and shortness of breath should not be ignored. These can be the first warning signs of hypertension, and if detected early, preventive measures can be taken.
- If there are co-morbid risk factors, it is advisable to constantly keep a check on BP readings.
This includes a combination of diet and lifestyle modifications.
- Quit smoking and alcohol: Of the many wonders quitting smoking can do, reducing BP readings is just one. The improvement would be almost instantaneous. Quit or else reduce alcohol and see dramatic improvements.
- Weight management: Through a combination of diet and exercise, ensure that weight is brought under control. Set a target BMI (Below 26 kg/m2) and work towards it religiously.
- Diet: Reduce salt, increase potassium, increase vitamin D, eat a heart-healthy diet, and see the hypertension readings improve. Please find attached and reviewed copy for health tip for posting. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.