Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prasanna
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. PrasannaYour feedback matters!
Last month I got periods again after 14 days counting day one as first day. And this time it was for 10 days. 3/4 days Before commencement I used to get pinching pain only I the tip of my breasts. It went away after the period started those ended on 6th march. Again I M getting pain in the tips. Some times its really bad, I have to hold them, rub gently, press lightly for few mins. It's more on one side. FYI I am going through a lot of stress. Stress beyond my capabilities. Nowadays. Financial crises, no mediclaim. Is it due to that.. Or is this Menopause. Please help. Pleaaassseee.
I have back pain over 60 days. I used pain relief bum but no relief from from pain. What should I do?
My wife has cervical problem due to that she is having right shoulder pain, she could not raise his hand upward. Will you suggest me what to do.
Àfter delivery I am facing severe bone pains all over the body. Mainly at hips. Sometimes I am not able to stand on my own. Also my hands started tingling sensation if I work. It worsens during night. Please suggest me.
Meniscus refers to the soft ligament in your knee joint, which cushions your bones and protects it from wear and tear. It is vital for the fulfilment of regular activities and the health of your bones. Thus, a damage to the meniscus can be extremely painful. Meniscuses are exposed to injuries and shocks in case of rigorous activities and this is a fairly common syndrome faced by athletes and sports persons. It can cause a substantial amount of hurt and generally impairs movement to a large extent. It potentially gets worse as the inflammation sets in and the swelling grows. The risk of a meniscus tear increases with age. The treatment for a torn meniscus depends upon the degree of tear. While minor tears repair on their own, for graver injuries, the following therapies may prove effective.
Symptoms of a torn meniscus
1. You might be able to experience a popping sensation in your knee joint
2. Stiffness and swelling
3. You will experience pain, especially while you are trying to twist your knee
4. You might not be able to straighten your knee completely
The treatment for a torn meniscus depends upon the degree of tear. While minor tears repair on their own, for graver injuries, the following therapies may prove effective:
1. Light exercises: For slightly serious meniscus tears, there are certain knee exercises which are recommended to abort any further damage as well as to repair the wound. Limiting the activities which might exert pressure on the knees, getting adequate rest, using ice packs and wearing neoprene sleeves always aid in recovery.
2. Anti-inflammatory medications: Often, meniscus tears are cured with the help of anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen. They not only reduce pain but also enable the mending of the injured tissue. However, one needs to be aware of a few side effects which often become natural repercussions of such drugs. Possibility of ulcers and bleeding get increased by leaps and bounds on the intake of such drugs.
3. Surgery: For all other forms of meniscus tears, if healing is not obtained through non-surgical methods, the only option available is that of surgery. Such a situation arises when the pain becomes unbearable and the meniscus tear does not respond favorably to superficial treatments. These surgeries are less complicated than replacement surgeries. They usually do not involve any life threatening hazard and cautious and efficiently conducted surgeries release all pains and handicaps. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.