Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prasana Latha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prasana LathaYour feedback matters!
I'm 19 years female. I have excess androgen due to kidney problem. Menstruation is REGULAR. Hirsutism and alopecia are the main problems. I'm taking 1000 mg metformin at night and 100 mg aldactone (spironolactone) early morning on doctor's advice. will this help to reduce my symptoms? Will this medication affect my fertility afterwards?
I am feeling to much pain while I suffer from periods and too much bleeding for long time 3-4 days and in bathroom route bleeding come out.what to do
Hello doctor, Actually I was pregnant in nov last year but due to unknown reason I got miscarriage after 6 weeks. My blood group is O- nad husband's blood group is B+ aftr that I went through d&c procedure No I am fine and we are trying again but last month I got periods and this time also. I feel so sad and depressed. My cycle was irregular but after D&C now m pretty fine with my cycle. 32 days cycle. But this time I got periods 2 days back .gnrly I have my cycle two or 4 days later but this time early. And it is so light bleeding only few drops. First of all I want to know is this implantation bleeding. Secondly I want to know what will b my favourable days to get pregnant for next month cycle. My cycle-20th feb 23rd march 21 april. Today itself kindly guide me please thank you doctor.
Hi. My girlfriend is feeling a bit tired after having sex and has pain in her body. She was giving me oral sex and her mouth was full with saliva. With the flow, she took the saliva and rubbed it on her vagina. I started fingering her and realised that is it safe to do so. I am pretty sure I did not ejaculate in her mouth but there was definitely some pre cum. So we were thinking of taking a unwanted 72 medicine Will this be right to do so. Extra info: I am 20 she is 19 Her periods are due this coming thursday We want to avoid any chances of her getting pregnant but I do not want that she should harm herself in any way. Please respond.
Small Penis? No Problem - An Extender May Be Your Solution
One of the benefits that comes with society's gradually more open acceptance of sex toys is the opportunity for men who feel uncomfortable about their penis size to use toys to supplement their endowment. When sex toys are part of a person's typical sex play, then he is able to utilize devices such as penis sleeves to add length and girth to the sexual experience. And as long as proper hygiene care is followed, there aren't major penis health concerns to worry about. With that in mind, men - especially those who feel they have a small penis - should learn some basic tips about penis sleeves.
Penis sleeve basics
Also known as penis extenders, penis sleeves are simply hollow, phallic-shaped devices into which a man inserts his own penis. Wearing a penis sleeve gives the illusion that one's penis size has increased - both in terms of length and girth. How much the size has increased depends upon the model selected. Some are designed to fit very snugly and may add only increase the impression of size by a small amount. Others are designed to create the illusion of a massively formed member.
Nowadays, most penis sleeves are made of silicone or some variation thereof. There are, however, sleeves made of other substances, such as metal. While many extenders closely resemble a realistic organ in shape, others may have exaggerated veins, bumps or even rubber spikes, which are intended to provide extra stimulation to the partner on the receiving end of the sleeve.
Men who are new to using penis sleeves should consider the following:
- A penis sleeve is not a condom. Indeed, some sleeves have slits, holes or openings in them which make them especially impractical as protection. Even those that are totally solid still do not prevent fluids from dripping out.
- Get erect before wearing one. In general, penis sleeves are meant to be placed upon the penis when it is erect, rather than soft.
- Straps are good. Some penis sleeves come with a strap at the base, which is intended to be worn around the balls. (Some may even have straps which can be tied around the waist.) This helps enormously in keeping the sleeve from slipping off. Those without straps tend to slip a bit if the fit is not tight enough, if the erection softens during sex, or if the sex is especially aggressive.
- Prep before putting it on. There are a couple of ways to prep before putting the sleeve on. One way is to soak the sleeve in warm water (if it is made of a pliable material) so that it stretches out a bit and then placing it on the erect penis. Or instead one can lubricate the penis and the inside of the sleeve before wearing it. In either case, it's good to then add lubrication to the outside of the sleeve for the comfort of one's partner.
- Always clean after use. The last thing a guy wants is for bacteria to grow on his sleeve, so he should clean it after every use with soap and water (but nothing harsher or more abrasive). And he should thoroughly dry it after washing.
Penis sleeves can be useful for a man, especially if he has concerns about his penis size. But all men can benefit from maintaining penis care by regular use of a first rate penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). Be sure to search for a crème that includes a wide range of vitamins, such as A, B5, C, D and E; topical application of these vitamins to the penis allows them to more directly spread their benefits. The best crèmes will also include L-carnitine. This amino acid has valuable neuroprotective properties which help prevent peripheral nerve damage and, subsequently, unwanted loss of penis sensation which can dampen one's pleasure during sex.
My gf is 19 years old she is 2 weeks pregnant we can't consult to anyone we don't want pregnancy can anyone please help us.
I am in my 37th week of pregnancy. I am having higher Alkaline phosphatase levels (around 249, 223, 251) as monitored since last 2 months due to intense itching throughout my body. This week it came out to be 242, But my SGPT and SGOT levels are well within the range. My gynae is planning to induce labour in 38th week. Is it fine to do so. What are the risks involved if not done. Also Will my baby be fully developed during that time. His brain development, his lungs etc. Will be fine?
What is puberty?
Puberty is the phase in life when the body of the child matures to become an adult. This change is mainly influenced by the developing reproductive system and it makes them capable of sexual reproduction. It a progressive change and happens over a span of few years. Girls start to develop breasts and might start menstruating whereas boys notice changes in body hair growth pattern with their voices beginning to crack.
The average age for a girl to attain puberty is found to be 11, whereas in boys, it is longer and the average age is somewhere around 12. Puberty also marks the onset of emotional maturity in kids as well.
Sometimes puberty can be seen at a very young age such as 7 or 8; this is called precocious puberty. This can make it physically and mentally taxing for a child and can be a sign of health issues.
What causes puberty?
The stimulation of the hypothalamus in the brain leads to the production of a hormone called Human Gonadotropin-releasing hormones (GnRH) which signal the Pituitary Gland to produce luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH). This is responsible for sexual development.
Signs that may indicate the onset of puberty in girls:
The telltale signs of puberty in girls are:
- Development of breasts
- Growth of hair in areas such as armpits and genitals
- A growth spurt, i.e., rapid growth in height
- Start of menstruation or her periods
- Increase in body fat in certain areas of the body
- Development of acne
- “Mature” body odour
Signs that may indicate the onset of puberty in boys:
The usual signs of puberty in boys are:
- Enlargement of the testicles or penis
- Pubic, underarm, or facial hair development
- Rapid height growth — a growth "spurt"
- Deepening of voice
- "Mature" body odor
- Increase in hair growth in other parts of the body such as the arms and legs
Along with these signs and symptoms, other signs can be changes in mood. Boys and girls may develop sexual urges wherein you will notice an unexplained attraction to the opposite sex.
Relationships are either delicate or strong, depending upon the bonding you share with your partner. The bonding depends on various factors. Some of the most essential ones being emotional attachment, friendliness, sense of ease, mental compatibility and a feeling of sustained emotional support from the relationship. This is applicable to all relationships; be it a relationship with your spouse, a parental relation with your children, a relationship with your friends, relatives, etc.
However, it is a common factor that every relationship requires a definite level of friendship, understanding and trust to sustain. However, sometimes you may find eventual signs of distance or detachment, which could be signals of potential violence in the relationship.
- Sense of complete possession: This is a vital factor that intricately works behind initiating violence in relationships. Possessiveness is a form of extreme emotional condition. A sense of possessiveness lies in every relation. However, over possessiveness leads you to restrict your loved one to share his love with anyone else. It can even be severe when you may even dislike your loved one talking to anyone else. Therefore, it may lead to eventual abuse or violence in the relationship.
- Distrust: Trust and belief are essential elements in any relation. If you tend to lose trust on someone, you can hardly be normal in the relationship. Disbelief results in doubt and continued doubt and resistance lead you to react violently. If you constantly disbelief a person, you are ought to react out of your general personality sometime.
- Abuse: Use of abusive language may be a strong indication of emerging distance in a relation. A person indulges in using abusive language out of anger and frustration, both of which could be major signals of potential violence in the near future. Both abusive language and physical violence are considered as forms of violence. Therefore, initial signs of abuses should be considered immediately.
- Dominance: In every relationship where two persons are involved, you will usually find any one of them to be dominant. However, that is acceptable until the dominance is within a certain limit. However, if it crosses the limits of patience and acceptability, it may sometimes result in violence.
- Short temper Attitude: If any one of the involved persons in the relationship is short tempered, it will definitely be a lead reason of miscommunication or insufficient communication. Short tempered individuals are mostly characterised with low patience. If you do not have patience, you can never offer understanding. And above that, short-tempered attitude can be an additional disadvantage. These types of individuals fail to control their anxiety and can often be violent in relationships. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.