Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prasad Veeragandham
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Leg Pain
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Hand Pain
Treatment of Shoulder Pain
Treatment of Foot Pain
Treatment of Lower Back Pain
Treatment of Bone Fracture
Treatment of Arm Pain
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Finger Pain
Treatment of Hip Pain
Treatment of Heel Pain
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Elbow Pain
Treatment of Spondylitis
Treatment of Strains
Treatment of Slip Disc
Treatment of Ankle Sprain
Submit a review for Dr. Prasad VeeragandhamYour feedback matters!
Our bones and joints make us functional on a day to day basis. It is, therefore, imperative that we should take good care of them at all times. There are many conditions that can affect our skeletal system and one of them is, Gout. While the link between the two may not be that obvious, gout happens to be a condition, which is sometimes related to arthritis. Therefore, it is sometimes known by the name 'gouty arthritis'.
While the issue may be severely painful, it does not mean that it cannot be reduced. And of course, when a person has the option and cutting the pain caused by gout drastically, his or her natural response is likely to be 'why not?'
Why Does It Happen?
The main reason for the occurrence of gout is too much uric acid being present in the body. The limbs of the body swell up, especially the extremities and this is known to be very painful. In many cases of gout, the swelling is especially evident in the big toe. Flare ups can last hours on end and may even get longer.
The people who wish to get the gout that is putting him or her through so much pain treated, there are quite a few options at their disposal. There are pain relievers that can be consumed under the advice of a medically qualified professional. While these pain relievers do not treat gout, but can reduces the intensity of the symptoms. Daily doses can be recommended as per the requirement and severity of the situation.
How to Get Rid of Gout?
While some anti-inflammatory drugs may have their effect, but no matter how bad the pain, aspirin is a drug that needs to be avoided. Intake of aspirin can make the problem even worse, which is the last thing a person would want!
The severe problems of gout can be dealt with the chemicals known as corticosteroids. Now, while these can provide some very effective pain relief, using them can be tricky due to certain side effects. One of these side effects is that since these chemicals are injected into the joints, they can significantly weaken them. The other side effect is that they slow the healing process of the wound. Both of these side effects are highly undesirable for any patients. These chemicals are usually prescribed by the doctors after a thorough analysis of patient's condition and history.
A person who drinks alcohol and suffers from severe condition of gout should look to scale back the amount which is consumed by him or her. This is because alcohol increases the amount of uric acid which is present in the blood.
My wife is having trouble of Pain due to Heel Scar( Confirmed by X Ray). Is this ailment curable (by exercise and Calcium Diet)?
I am 30 years old women I am having back pain for 15 days. I want an remedy. I dont know whether it is gas trouble or back pain.
Hell doctor, I am suffering from joint pains all the time. It is more in morning trimmings. Even I can't bare the pain which occurs in the joints between finger bones. Will you please suggest me what to do and what not to do and also I want to know that the reason why I got this problem.
I am sourav mondal, height is 5ft 5 inches. I have a problem in my length and back. Nowadays I can't run quickly as much as I could. Actually in my nose a small defect I have observed. That is one side of nose is slightly curve so that I can't take breath properly by one whole. So what kind of treatment can I apply? I want to perfect solution for my problem.
I have a small swelling on my toe, caused be shoe bite. Possibly pus formation has happened. Would oral medication be okay, or do I need a surgery? where do I go for the best and economical treatment? I live on sohna road, sector 48 in gurgaon, india.
Dear sir, I am a 47 yrs. Male and is suffering from a left shoulder pain with a sprain from left elbow to left shoulder whenever I want to do some upward activity since last 3 months. Please note that I can not completely stretch my left hand upwards at 90 degree, rather I can do it around 80-85 degree. What should I do? recently I am taking neurobion forte medicines 2 times in a day for last 3 days. I am not getting any better result after taking the medicine. Would you kindly suggest any medicine which can help me out from my shoulder pain along with sprain. Please note that I have had an left elbow injury at the age of 16-17 year while playing cricket. I was fielded in sily mid off and the batsman jumped out to hit the ball from bowler's end, he missed out and his bat was directly hit to my left elbow. At that time, the elbow was swollen for almost a fortnight, but neither I went to any orthopedics nor I took any medicines. Somehow the swollen gone but the pain rested for next 3 months. Yours sincerely
Hi, My grandmother is suffering from knee pain within a year or two, and also she is 80 years old, she has also got pain, can you tell me natural. Process to get. Of her suffering, Please. Help to get rid of pain so thay she can pain free on rest of her lives, thanking you, Vikas Prasad India.
What can be the probable reasons for severe Back pain and tired muscles along with a rapid increase in weight?
The after effects of any surgery can be harsh on the body. Post knee replacement surgery, one will need to remain in a straight and relaxed position for a long time due to the bed rest prescribed by the orthopaedic specialist. Yet, it is important to carry out some kind of activity after the surgery so as to make the knee strong, firm and ready to be normal again.
Here are a few physiotherapy exercises that can help post knee replacement patients:
- Pumps and Circles: Ankle pumps and circles should be done in sets of ten per direction. This can help in ensuring that the blood circulation and nerve function normalise within no time after the surgery. This action is especially helpful because it affects the heels, calves and leg muscles before reaching the knee. Ensure that you rotate each foot clockwise and the counter clockwise.
- Thigh Squeeze: The thigh squeeze is an excellent want to ensure that you are working the muscles of the legs without putting undue pressure on the knees. This is especially helpful when you have been advised bed rest. This motion involves squeezing and releasing the thighs so that there is some amount of firmness that is being built along with strength and stamina. You can hold the squeeze for five to ten seconds before you relax and try again.
- Heel Slide: The heel slide is a good option for those who are going through bed rest. This exercise ensures that you work your knee in a suitable way as the bending motion gets the knee to get used to being functional again. Due to the posture of the patient, this does not put pressure on the knee. Slowly bring your heel up, stop and then slide it down. Repeat at least ten times for each knee before increasing it to twenty times.
- Kicks: While you are lying down, you can render small kicks into the air. Repeat at least ten times for each leg before increasing it gradually to twenty kicks per leg. This should be done when you are lying flat on your back. This exercise can help in flexing and strengthening your quadriceps. Hold the kick for at least five to ten seconds before you relax and repeat with the other leg.
- Sitting Flex: You can also sit in a chair and flex your knee, holding the leg out in front of you for at least five to ten seconds, before slowly bringing it down and lifting again. This will help in strengthening the thigh and knee to a great extent.
You will need to exercise regularly in order to recover well after a knee replacement procedure.