Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prasad RaoYour feedback matters!
Now my baby is 5 month old. I have low Brest milk if I eat more vegetables or fruits also having same problem pls suggest it is there any tablet or any home remedy.
Hi Doctor, my daughter is 2 and half years old, she never eat properly, she loves to eat only chocolates, I give her junior horlicks to drink every day. I am really worried about her growth. She is also on breast feed still. I really do not know what to do please help me for her good diet.
My son is aged 12 years but he is very slim and short in comparison to his age group friends. He also throw out a lot of saliva from mouth while sleeping. Suggest some homeopathic treatment.
Hi My son who is 3 years old is often complaining of pain in his legs. This is usually observed in midnight. Please suggest what could be the problem.
My 4 months baby boy has red rashes like daag by birth on both sides of his face it cured and return again after treatment.
My 14 month baby suffering from diarrhea since yesterday with blood. He is given ofloxacin antibiotic. His stool contain White thread like worm. Deworming not done yet. Is it safe to give him NOWORM SYRUP now or some days later.
My daughter 28 months old has mild diarrhoea. She eats very less and now lactose intake had to be stopped. So how much amount if ors can be given to meet the nutrient requirement of the whole day.
Nursing improperly often becomes a big reason for tooth decay and caries in babies. The way out is to get the baby tooth cared for from the very first day. This form of tooth decay is associated with nursing, when the baby sucks the pacifier, or takes other sugary juices or drinks, or formula milk from a nursing bottle.
The main causes of nursing bottle caries:
The babies are often fed in nursing bottles or feeding bottles, and the bottle nipple often stays in the mouth for long; sometimes overnight also if not taken care of. Again, the babies are pacified with pacifiers, which are often dipped in honey or a sugar solution, and this again brings in more reasons for dental caries. In any of the situations described, the baby's newly formed teeth which are susceptible to all forms of decay and damages while being gentle and new can get cavities. The sugary liquids and milk can form a coating on the teeth which brings in cavities.
How to prevent the nursing caries:
The best option to prevent is not to leave the baby with the bottle or pacifier for long. Again, the pacifier or the bottle should be always washed properly, sterilized and not left in the mouth of the baby uncared, especially during sleep time, when the baby sleeps while sucking onto them.
There are some steps to follow to prevent the early tooth decay and maintain baby dental hygiene. They are:
1. Even before the first tooth comes out, massage and clean the baby's gums with a clean washcloth or soft cotton everyday, and after every long feeding.
2. You don't need toothpaste to start brushing the first few new teeth that come out. Just brush without a toothpaste and use a very soft gentle brush to form the habit. In areas where no tooth has come up, brush and massage the gums only.
- When all the teeth have come up, start flossing everyday
- Try to take the baby for a dental checkup at least every year if not every six months.
- Try to cut down on the consumption of extra sweet beverages. Add some water to the fruit juice to dilute the concentration and sweetness.
All these steps mentioned are great to start healthy and good dental care and hygiene, and if you follow them well, then dental caries will be away.
Hello doctor, good day, my son (age6 months) is getting cough and cold regularly, I am using allopathy medicines but that is not much effective. Could you please tell is there any medication in homoeopathy for newborns?
Hi, my 5&1/2 month old one has not done poo since last 8 days and is irritated since last two days. I have given him colic aid but looks like of no help. His stomach looks tight. As per my Pediatrics advise I started giving him boiled mashed fruit since last 15 days once daily. Please advise as what needs to be done. Thanks!
My son is 6 years old mostly complains of stomach pain near naval area specially morning time for having milk. Otherwise he is quite active. Please advise.
Hi the baby is 20 days old. It's a girl baby after feeding the milk she will get vomit after 10 mins please suggest me for this.
There are two different types of pneumonia vaccines are available for the children. 1 is almost double the price of other. Which one should be preferred and why?
My baby is 6 months old. She is not taking full sleep at night we are giving juice or khichdi at night. Please suggest. And also pl let me know that mosquito liquids like good night or motion irritate the child?
Hi, I had boy baby on 2/11/2016. Just one month over now. I want to apply oil for body massage. Which oil is the best to apply. And also which is the best powder and soap. Kindly tell me.
My daughter is 4 years old. Mostly 75% she does the urine pass on bed while sleeping on bed at night even after urine out once at night before sleeping. For that what precautions we should take?
If chewing food and retaining a sparkling smile is not enough for you, avoiding toothaches and a visit to the dentist could be reason enough to maintain healthy teeth. Ignoring your tooth health can lead to many problems. Answer yourself the following question. Would you like your teeth inside your mouth or in a glass tumbler beside your bed at nighttime?
If you opted for the former, then going through the following tips and advices will go a long way in helping you sustain healthy teeth. They are:
- Brush and floss twice a day: Brushing and flossing twice a day, on a regular basis will help you maintain healthy teeth and gums in the long run. The ideal time to brush your teeth is 20 minutes after a meal. Opting for a toothbrush with a small head and soft bristles gives you better access to even the deeper portions of your mouth, thus providing comprehensive cleansing to your teeth. Moreover, softer bristles are generous on your gums as well.
- Nutrition: Whatever you eat, either protects you or makes you more susceptible to diseases and disorders. This stands true for your oral health as well. As such, choosing the right foods early in your life is of vital importance. Foods such as cold drinks, cakes, candies and other such sugary substances facilitate the growth of germ and bacteria in your mouth, resulting in plaque and cavities. Choosing foods that are low in starch and sugar will reduce the development of germs and help eradicate cavities or plaque in the long run.
- Smoking: Even the pack of smoke that you buy endorses smoking is injurious to your general health. Smoking causes reduced flow of blood to the mouth, which resultantly leads to increased chances of periodontal disease and mouth cancer. Smoking, moreover causes a decline in the ability of the bones and tissues to revascularize (self-heal). All else apart, just stop smoking.
- Chewing gums: Chewing gums are highly beneficial especially after a meal. They not only increase the flow of saliva in your mouth, but also improves the flow of blood to your brain, thus enhancing your alertness by close to 10%. In addition, chewing gums help neutralize the acid in your mouth, thus helping you cleanse your mouth.