Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prasad
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. PrasadYour feedback matters!
I'm suffering from a guilt. I feel very shameful about my childhood mistake. I'm suffering it from past 2 years. Will I ever live a normal life? Thanking you.
Hello. I am 53 years old. I always am depressed and am overly sensitive. I don't see anything positive about myself. I keep going back to even my childhood and only see the negative in me. I try very hard to keep myself busy and eat right. Sleep right but thoughts just don't leave me. Please advice. Thanks.
I have feeling very tired from days reason I don't know but feeling fever sometimes I very depressed also please help me.
I got married recently a girl. Before marriage I used to have girl frend. After marriage my girl frend is showing interest on me. At present my wife is at her home. So my ex girl frend is coming to meet me and have sex. Is this correct? If not, how to avoid it?
Hi my name is Saikat and my age is 32yrs. Presently I am suffering from depression and negativity. I never had faced like this ever before. I found that I am running out of confidence and feel like I will fail in everything that I will do. I am a banker and is into this profession for last 8 yrs. I had passed through all my assignments and got all my promotions throughout my carrier. But for the last one year I am going down and also missed my promotion once. I know presently the team and the branch I am handling, is a branch with negativity indisciplined non-professionals people and there demotivating and negativity effected me a lot. But another reason is that I feel that I started thinking about my x-gf a lot and sometimes wen I am too much depressed about my work and personal life and also with my married life or arguments with my wife or nagging of my wife, I feel like I might be more happy, if I had married my Ex. I am confused with her and my wife. My wife is 8 months pregnant and taking full care of her and maintaining all her requirements, I come with a regular complain from her that I cannot forget my Ex and still I am in love with her. And this allegation sometimes make me confused that whether I still love my Ex-GF or that I can not forget her and also feel like if I had stand against my family and might had married her, would I be more happier. She was my first GF and I had good quality time with her as I was young and had ample time to spent with her. But presently I am so much bough down with my work that I have hardly quality time to spent with my wife. I am confused with she and my wife. Sometimes I feel that I still miss her a lot. Sometimes I forget about her totally and only think about my wife. And also people around me in my office now a days are so much negative that I also started feel like them that nothing will happen good in my life. I failed to crack many interviews in last few months due to lack of confidence. I was never like this before. Please guide me in this matter and help me to come out from this situation.
Most people have felt depressed in their lives some time or the other. Depression can be a natural reaction to failure, injured self-esteem or loss but when the severity of the condition increases it is diagnosed as 'clinical' or 'major'. Subtle signs of depression usually go unnoticed because it is difficult to determine whether it is a phase or a chronic condition. It is important to recognize the symptoms of depression and get help at the earliest.
Some major symptoms are consistent sadness, feeling hopeless, thoughts of suicide, uninterested in life, low on energy, a persistent physical trauma that does not respond to medications.
There are efficient homeopathic medicines that can work to reduce the illness, especially if treated in the early stages. Homeopathy is a reliable path to follow because it does not have any side effects, unlike antidepressants that tend to numb people. Here is a comprehensive list of homeopathic medicines which most doctors are likely to recommend for treating depression.
- Arsenicum album - This medicine is prescribed to control the symptoms like diarrhea, gastric problems, indigestion which patients often suffer from as a result of intense anxiety. Patients, appropriate for this medicine tend to be fastidious and restless. It is made of white arsenic and should be taken in prescribed potency because an overdose can cause gastroenteritis.
- Natrum muriaticum - This homeopathic treatment is useful for mild depression or for people suffering extreme bereavement due to loss or a sudden shock.
- Sepia - This medicine is beneficial to women suffering from postpartum depression (sadness or emotional confliction after giving birth) and menopause. Feeling of solitude and hopelessness with no energy to continue with life are some common symptoms that can be reduced with Sepia. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
Depression is considered the common cold of all mental health issues and can strike in varying levels due to causes like pressing circumstances, problems in one's personal life and relationships, hormonal changes and other long term, chronic health conditions. Your intimate relationships are also subject to dejection when physical ailments enter the picture. Erectile dysfunction is one such area that creates depression. This is basically a condition that men suffer from. Due to this condition, a man is not able to get and hold an erection long enough to enjoy the act of sex. This can be caused due to related physical problems as well as stress. It can also lead to depression and problems in one's relationship due to anger, frustration, hopelessness and sadness. Here are a few ways to deal with depression caused due to erectile dysfunction.
- Recognising the Symptoms: The very first thing to do is to come out of denial and recognise the symptoms that are caused by this kind of depression. Usually, any long term or chronic problem can lead a person to look at himself or herself as a hopeless case. This can cause symptoms like dejection, a negative attitude towards everything and sudden outbursts of anger and frustration which may crop up in other areas of the patient's life. Since this is an intimate problem that one cannot discuss with everyone, the problem of depression gets all the more challenging. In such cases, the best thing to do is to be aware of the symptoms.
- Getting help: Simply being aware of the symptoms is not enough that is merely the first step. One will need to go ahead and do something about the symptoms. Visiting a sexologist or a sex therapist is the next step. With the help of therapy and discussions, the patient and the doctor can actually reach the root cause of the issue and help in realigning the attitude and thinking of the patient to come out of stress that is creating the issue, or to deal with medical repercussions of the issue in a more stable manner.
- Psychotherapy: One of the foremost methods used by most therapists includes psychotherapy that can help in unravelling the cause and finding a way to cope with the problem in a way that is focussed on discussions.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy: This form of therapy examines all aspects of the person's life and reality so as to find the cause of the problematic behaviour and reprogram the brain of patient with great deliberation.
- Antidepressants: While some medications can affect sexual functioning, there are antidepressants that do not have major sexual side effects. Please consult a Psychiatrist and discuss about this option too.
Tackling depression and erectile dysfunction is a matter of striking a fine balance with professional help.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!