Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pramodh Kumar
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Pramodh KumarYour feedback matters!
My father had taken a X-ray to heart, it shows heart enlarged. Is it a major problem, I feel afraid. Give me some idea what type of diagnosis I can do for it.
I have B.P and sugar for which I have been taking medicine. Is taking "Manjap DS 0.25" one day is harmful? I am feeling vacuum in heart due to anxiety and stress. All reports of heart blood test are ok. Now after taking this tablet I am is feeling pain in lower back of head.
Frequent heart palpitations with giddiness and fatigue. Duration of palpitations is half an hour n body shaking during palpitations. What is this condition. Is it related to heart problem.
Period tym me mujhe hmesa joint pain. Hand n legs pain ki sikayat hoti h. Saath hi kamar aur hips me v bht dard rehta h, me bht pareshaan ho jaati hu. Mera kal night se period start hua h, aur aaj mere haath -paaw me bht dard tha. Especially left hand n leg me. Aur aaj me kisi jruri kaam se mrkt chali gyi thi isi situation me, mujhe bich-bich me bht joro ka dard v uth rha tha pet me. And kamar bhi bht joro ka dard de rha tha khade-khade. Kaafi derr baad achanak se mujhe chakkar sa aane lga, sambhalne ka bht kosis kiya mene. Chair pr v baith gyi sar pakad kr apne. Pr mere aankh k saamne sb ghum rha tha, n aankh bhaari lgne lga tha, fir bht muskil se mujhe pakad kr ek shop pr baithaya gya, aur paani pilaaya gya, phir mene head down kr liya thode derr k liye, n fan k hawa k niche thoda relax lga, uske baad mujhe nimbu -paani pilaaya gya dhire-dhire, tb ja kr me bht derr baad relax ho payi. Pr 1 ghante baad v me chal paane me utna comfortable nhi hui thi. Infact avi me leti hui hu, pr avi v mera sarr ajeeb sa lg rha h, n aankhe bhaari si lag rhi h, period tym me mujhe asa pehli baar hua h, infact normally v itna jyada asa pehli baar hua mujhe, otherwise me aaj tk behos tk nhi hui hu. Wese mujhe BP Low ho jaane ki problem bbhi h. Me 19 saal ki hu. And har month me 3-4 din ek ladke k saath sex v krti hi hu.
Hi Doctor Is Mild Hypertension Reversible? The Reading is 105/150. My age is 50 Years Male I have diabetes from 20 Years but most of the time under control I do everyday 5 KM walk and Yoga I do not like to take medication whole life Undergoing some stress from 6 months But things will settle down soon Can this disease be reversed?
I am 53 years physically fit and active all reports are normal but lipid profile shows tryglysorite at 180 and serium cholestrol 220. I am on statin & ecosprin for last 4 years when I take medicine the counnts are normal when I stop medicine the counts increase after 3 months or so. Whats the way out is there any side effect of prolong use of statin. Please advice. I am on regular exercise and physical fitness. My weight is 92 kgs I have a muscular build. My hight is 178 cms.
The heart pumps pure blood to all parts of the body through a network of arteries. These are thicker in the beginning and become finer and thinner as they reach the various organs. These arteries are lined by a layer of epithelial tissues and as blood flows through them, the heavier cholesterol / fat molecules settle down along the walls.
This attracts more and more fat molecules to settle down. This is known as atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries). Over a period of time, the vessels circumference reduces and the blood supply to the target organ reduces. This impacts proper functioning of these organs and when this happens to the major organs like the heart, kidney or the brain, conditions like stroke or thrombosis or heart attack can occur.
This condition, known as coronary artery disease, is becoming a major cause of deaths. While that is the bad news, the good news is that it is largely lifestyle dependent, and if steps are taken, it can be prevented, and in the early stages, the damage completely reversed.
1. Diet: A low-fat, high-fiber, heart-healthy diet consisting of Omega-3 fatty acids is recommended by doctors, especially to people who are prone to develop heart disease. This also requires reduced salt, increased unsaturated fats, reduced triglycerides and reduced sugar. Include loads of fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, nuts and seeds and fish oils. Include multivitamins or other supplements after checking with your doctor.
2. Exercise: Regular exercise in any form increases the efficiency of the circulatory system, keeps the cholesterol levels in check and helps in blood pressure management. Exercise in any form is advisable, based on individual preference. A moderate physical activity of 30 to 45 minutes per day is advisable.
3. Smoking: This is one of the major risk factors for smoking, and quitting or controlling smoking is one of the best methods to prevent coronary artery disease.
4. Alcohol consumption: While moderate alcohol consumption is believed to be healthy for the heart, excessive alcohol consumption is a strict no-no. Binge drinking especially is shown to cause heart attacks.
5. Weight management: Check with your doctor on what is ideal BMI for you and work out a plan to keep your weight under check.
6. Regular medications: If you are on blood pressure or diabetes medications, ensure you do not miss them. Keep a constant check to ensure your readings are managed well.
7. Watch out: Ask your doctor if there are specific symptoms that you need to watch out and seek medical support if you see any of them.
Coronary disease is not treatable fully, but can be prevented and managed effectively to improve the overall quality of life.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!