Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Pramod TikeYour feedback matters!
Most often than not, cancer comes unannounced and rocks our world. While of late routine tests are being encouraged, it is advisable to keep a look out for symptoms which are commonly overlooked. Some of them are:
1. Peculiar back pain - it has been noticed that the first symptom for liver cancer in many cases is pain the back of the lower back side of the body. Back pain could also be a symptom for breast cancer, in cases where the tumour is pressing backwards, into the chest.
2. Unexplained nail marks - nails often reflect the condition of our health. If there is a sudden and unexplained change in the fingernails, like maybe a dot/a black mark or a brown mark under the nail, this could be a sign of lung cancer.
3. Sensitive skin patches - if there is a lump on the skin or a patch feels sore, is crusty or bleeds very easily then this could be a symptom of skin cancer. It is important to be aware of all changes in your skin, throughout the body.
4. Unexplained facial puffiness - if your face seems puffy, read or swelled, without any logical explanation, this could be a symptom.
5. Unusual menstruation - if you are having unusually heavy and painful periods, it is advisable to request for a transvaginal ultrasound as this could be a symptom of uterine cancer.
6. Changes in breast (s) - this is the most common change which women who have been diagnosed of breast cancer have reported. If the nipple is flattened, inverted or turned sideways, it could be a symptom for breast cancer. Also, if the breast feels read, sore or swollen, it could be a symptom.
7. Frequent stomach problems - frequent upset stomachs and cramps could be the symptom of colorectal cancer.
8. Unreasonable weight loss - if you are losing a lot of weight without even trying to, this could be an early sign of colon or any other digestive cancer. It could also mean that the cancer is spreading to the liver, if your appetite is getting affected.
9. Blood in stool - if there is blood in your stool, this could be a symptom of colorectal cancer and you need to go for a colonoscopy.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
I am 17 year old boy. There is little bit of swelling in my left breast and on touching it is quite hard. please help.
Hello Sir Eating garlic is helpful to prevent cancer. And what is to do to reduce stomach, Pet kam kese kiya jaye Date of birth 01/01/1985.
I am 58 years old with enlarged prostate and urine filtration and will Tab Urimax-D 1 od clear my problem and reduce the size of my enlarged prostate and stop irregular urine flow and return to normalcy.
Most text on the National Cancer Institute website may be reproduced or reused freely. The National Cancer Institute should be credited as the source. Please note that blog posts that are written by individuals from outside the government may be owned by the writer, and graphics may be owned by their creator. In such cases, it is necessary to contact the writer, artist, or publisher to obtain permission for reuse.
What are all the diet chart to prevent or to cure skin cancer? Expose the body to Sunlight is advantage or not?
Sir I am a cancer patient. I have Ewing sarcoma. I receive chemotherapy after 21 days. My question is whether I eat Red meat or not. Or it cause any health problem.
My mother 63 years. Her a gland under ear is swollen in last month. First it was 3 cm and now it is. 50 cm. Her sugar thyroid is normal. And there is no symptoms what can I do? Please help.
I AM 66 YEARS OF AGE, MALE I AM ALWAYS ANXIOUS REGARDING MY HEALTH, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHETHER I HAVE ANY TERMINAL ILLNESS LIKE CANCER, WHAT SHOULD I DO TO CLEAR MY DOUBTS, WHAT ARE THE TESTS WHICH WILL ENABLE ME TO KNOW WHETHER I HAVE THE DISEASE OR NOT. I AM NOT HAVING APPETITE AND AM LOSING WEIGHT, IT CAN BE DUE TO MY MEDICATION FOR ATRIAL fibrillation WHICH I AM STILL TAKING. PLEASE ADVISE.
I am a mouth cancer patient can eat food due to lack of saliva. My weight was 140 kgs & in a year i am now 60 kgs only. Please just guide
Doctors said, he is in last stage of cancer, it began in his throat and spread inside the stomach, he neglected his health and now he is unable to swallow even water, he was under treatment in Tata cancer research hospital they also lost hope and said no to him, now tell me is there any hope left? Is there any charity or financial help because he and his family has bankrupt.
Benign Prostrate Hyperplasia (BPH) is a condition which results in the enlargement of the prostate gland. The prostrate grand is situated near the Urethra (a tube which helps flush out the urine from the bladder). Generally, the chance of developing BPH increases after one crosses the age of 50. But it is yet unknown as to why some men experience more severe symptoms than others.
Causes of BPH
This condition generally occurs because of old age and affects almost all men above the age of 75. It occurs because of the various hormonal changes and changes in cell growth that the body goes through, as one becomes old. Sometimes BPH can set in due to genetics. If BPH sets in due to genetically reasons, it usually is quite severe and affects men before they reach 60.
Symptoms of BPH
Quite a few men who develop BPH, experience no symptoms at all. But when symptoms of BPH, known as lower urinary tract symptoms (LUT) start, they can be either mild or very severe. The severity of the symptoms is not related to the extent of the enlargement. Many a times men with only a mild enlargement complain about severe symptoms, while men with a highly enlarged prostate gland have not complained about any discomfort faced.
Symptoms of BPH tend to worsen due to cold weather and also because of physical and emotional overexertion. There are certain medicines, which should be avoided if you suffer from BPH, as they have a tendency to worsen your symptoms, for example diphenhydramine, pseudoephedrine, oxymetazoline spray and other antidepressants.
The symptoms of BPH are related to bladder emptying and issues with bladder storage.
Symptoms related to the urine drainage from the bladder are:
- Strain while urinating
- Weak urine flow
- Some dribbling after urination
- Sudden urge to urinate
- Pain while urinating
Symptoms related to storage of urine in the bladder are:
- Waking during the night to urinate
- Urinating frequently during the day and at night
- Sudden urge to urinate, which may be hard to control
It however, has to be kept in mind that these symptoms may not primarily occur due to prostate enlargement, but are the result of other conditions like urinary tract infections, prostatitis, prostate cancer, neurological disorders and even diabetes. Thus, it is essential that you visit a doctor and get the cause for these symptoms diagnosed properly.
One of the major causes of death worldwide is lung cancer and it has been continuously affecting men and women accounting for about 150,000 deaths every year. Astonishingly, this figure is more than the combined death rate of the next three kinds of cancer, namely, colon, breast, and pancreatic cancer.
As with any type of cancer, lung cancer to has increased life expectancy when diagnosed in the earlier stages. Thus, being informed about the causes and signs of this deadly disease becomes critical to treat the condition.
The prevalent causes
The major risk factor for lung cancer is smoking and second-hand or passive smoking. The risks are increased when the smokers are exposed to other potential risk factors such as getting exposed radon and asbestos.
Who should be screened?
- As said earlier, cancer when diagnosed early has an increased success rate for a cure.
- Most people do not admit that they are vulnerable to lung cancer and this mindset has to be changed first and foremost.
- There are many people who would benefit from an early diagnosis. This is because the modern medical procedures are highly beneficial in changing the lives of the affected, for better.
- People, who are avid smokers or have a history of smoking, should always opt for lung cancer screening.
- In this regard, it should be kept in mind that people, who have stopped smoking for the last 15 years, should also be tested.
- People belonging to the age group of 55-80 and who have smoked in the past should also come under the screening procedure.
Who should not be tested and why?
Lung cancer is a ghastly disease, but still, it is advised that everyone should not be screened. These tests involve a lot of risks, which are indeed severe.
- The first risk is the false-positive test result wherein the test confirms that the patient is suffering from the disease, but he is not.
- The second risk is over-diagnosis where the cancer is at a benign stage, but there are unnecessary treatments considering it to be dangerous.
Lastly, there is the risk of exposure to radiation.
So, who is the right candidate?
Now the question arises, who should be asked to screen themselves for lung cancer? Or, when is the ideal time to for screening? Because of the risks associated with CT scanning and the chances of doing more harm than good to people who are not prone to having lung cancer, the doctors recommend screening to only those people who are at high risk. Unfortunately, the symptoms of this disease are almost nil in number. To be an ideal candidate for screening, the patient should be in good health and should have a smoking habit as mentioned above.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
What tests are to be done to check on Breast health, especially to detect if the breast is free from breast cancer.
Hello Sir/Madam, I am 21 years old (Male, one year back a small lump has been formed inside my right breast under aerola nd with medications it has vanished. And now the same thing started in left breast and I'm very much worried about it. When I tough it pains a lot. Its deviating my concentration and now I'm under medications. I don't know why it is happening. My thoughts are always on it and it I'm getting depressed with it. Im not knowing what to do can you help me? I mean why this occurs nd Doctor prescribed me antibiotic (TAXIM-O CV 200, pain killer (LYSER FORTE) and a vitamin tablet (EVION LC). Are these medications are enough? or else any further examinations are needed? please prescribe me The lump is of small size slightly hard under aerola.
Prostate cancer is a cancerous tumor in a man’s prostate gland, a small gland that is responsible for producing the seminal fluid which transports and nourishes the sperm. It is a very common type of cancer among men. A few cases of prostate cancer tend to develop slowly while others may progress very fast.
In the initial stages, prostate cancer may not show any symptom. However, in the latter stages, there may be symptoms such as:
Pain in the bones.
Urination can get troublesome.
Presence of blood in the semen.
Pain and discomfort in the pelvic region.
The exact causes of prostate cancer are not known. It starts to develop when certain cells in the prostate gland start to mutate. These mutations cause these cells to multiply at a very fast rate and thus, soon form tumors. Although the causes are not known, certain factors tend to aggravate this condition; them being:
Color: According to certain medical reports, a darker skin may mean increased chances of suffering from prostate cancer.
Age: The risk of developing prostate cancer tends to increase with age.
Genetics and Family History: Faulty genes could be another cause of this condition. Also, having some member in the family who is diagnosed with this type of cancer only increases the risks of you suffering from them.
Obesity: If you are obese, then you are more likely to develop prostate cancer.
The treatments for prostate cancer include:
Radiation Therapy: In this procedure, high energy rays are used to target and destroy cancer cells. Usually X-rays or protons are used to treat the cancer cells.
Hormone Therapy: Hormone therapy is a type of treatment wherein certain medications are administered to prevent your body from producing testosterone.
Surgery: If the other treatment methods do not produce desired results, then a surgery is carried out for the removal of the prostate gland. In addition to the prostate gland, some adjoining lymph nodes and tissues are also removed.
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy is method of destroying cancer cells by injecting chemicals into the body. The medicines are injected into the veins in the arms.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized oncologist and ask a free question.