Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cardiologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. PrakashYour feedback matters!
How can we know regarding heart attack? Means angiography is necessary to know if patient has high BP, Cholesterol, Thyroid and sugar about 200 (random).
Expected Parameters To Prevent Heart Attacks :
1] cholesterol 130 to 160 mg/dl
2] triglycerides 60 to 120 mg/dl
3] hdl cholesterol 40 to 60 mg/dl
4] blood glucose (fasting) 70 to 100 mg/dl
5] blood glucose (pp) below 140 mg/dl
6] blood pressure 120/80 mg/dl
7] maximum permissible exercises
8] body weight in proportion to height
9] stop smoking completely
10] control stress
11] oil/ghee in food is banned completely
12] consume salads and fruits in plenty
13] restrict consumption of milk and milk products
14] avoid meat of any kind
My wife, 47 years old , was detected with diabetes and high BP just one year back without having family history. She went through routine check and all reports are normal but she sometimes develops a sensation in her right hand which starts anytime and goes off automatically. Looking for an expert advice on how we should take this symptoms.
Having heard about getting any sort of pulmonary disease might give you a nightmare. Well, yes there are pulmonary problems, which are dangerous and become life threatening. Pulmonary hypertension is one such rare disease. It is a type of high blood pressure, which usually occurs in the pulmonary arteries that stream from human heart through lungs. The arteries become narrowed, constricted, which makes the flow of blood difficult through the vessels. As the situation occurs, the heart will have to work more to fix the situation. This causes high blood pressure in the pulmonary arteries. If the condition deteriorates the pressure increases along with risk factors.
Symptoms of pulmonary hypertension:
There are certain symptoms, which people experience under the pulmonary hypertension disease. The symptoms might get unnoticed for years and you might get delayed in treating such problems. This article can help you know about the disease, symptoms and its treatment.
There is a list of symptoms, which can help you understand if you have pulmonary hypertension:
- One of the major symptoms that you may notice is shortness of breath. The arteries and blood vessels which help in flowing blood through lungs help in breathing too. So a narrowed and constricted artery makes the inhalation and exhalation procedure laborious.
- The next symptom that you might notice is fatigue and dizziness. If your lungs are not getting enough blood that means your brain and body are not getting enough oxygen to work. This hinders your body to perform any kind of activities smoothly. This can make you gain weight and increase several risk factors.
- Next, you might feel irregular heartbeat and chest pain. Increased pressure makes the heart work faster than its normal rate. This further makes the heart muscles weaker, and it is not able to control the heartbeat as it used to.
Treatment of pulmonary hypertension:
- Pulmonary hypertension is generally treated with medication and surgery. Depending on its severity, your doctor will prescribe the medicines. Generally, doctors prescribe such medicines, which help in relaxing the blood vessels. The relaxed blood vessels can regulate blood flow easily. All the medicines are generally taken orally or injected or inhaled.
- If you adopt a severe case of pulmonary hypertension, then your doctor might suggest you a lung transplant or a heart-lung transplant.
- Depending upon the type of pulmonary hypertension, your doctor may prescribe you blood-thinning medicines also, if you have blood clots in your arteries.
- In a certain cases, doctors prescribe oxygen therapy, which helps in increasing the oxygen level in blood.
- With the above mentioned methods, doctors ask for a change in lifestyle, which is important in treating the specific disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pulmonologist.