Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pragati KapoorYour feedback matters!
Hello sir my age 20 My skin colour is very dull and black. How I can fair. please refer night cream name. And how I can care skin.
I am 23 year old boy. During my childhood I had lots of dark black hair on the head but now they started falling tremendously. Now patches is formed in both the sides of forehead. Nobody in my family or forefather had this problem. In addition about 50% of my hair has also become white. My hair has fallen so much that after bathing head skin is visible. I don't use any kind of chemicals or shampoo or oil. Doctor please help me to restore my gone hair and the patches formed and also how can I blackened my white hair back again.
I am 58year old female suffering from skin doses\problem for the last 2years. Now it is severe and I get rashes on all my body. I take allegra 120. please advise.
This is Anshul from Jaipur, India and I want get 2 to 3 tones of fairer skin. Please tell me about pills or creams which has permanent effect.
I am having some skin infection near my left side lips. That skin getting stretch and itching. I am using Boro safe and nivea moisturizer also. But when I go to office its again getting dry due to AC what should I do this is from last 2 weeks not getting relief.
Dear sir My sister is having serious problem in leg with thick black skin with itching and as per doctors advice done biopsy and the results read as" Histopathological features are suggestive of lichen planus-Hypertrophic variant"
I have sun tanning on face for a long time. Used azelaic acid. No improvement. Kindly suggest some remedy. Any other precautions.
There r some black marks on my forehead. It's because of sunscreen. I used No marks cream n 2-3 other creams like it. Bt no result. So please prescribe me.
When skin is infected by a fungus, the resultant infection is called tinea corporis (ringworm). It is most common in athletes and children. The infection may appear on the scalp, beards, groin, in between the toes and other places.
Tinea corporis can be caused by:
- Skin contact
- It is contagious, so if you use towels, bed linens and clothes of an infected person, you will get infected too.
- Touching a pet infected by tinea corporis.
Signs and Symptoms:
- The rash starts as a scant area of red, bumpy pimples and spots. Then the rash forms a ring, with raised, red borders and a clear middle. The border might look scaly.
- The rash may show up on face, legs, arms or other body areas which are exposed.
- The area feels itchy. It might also be flaky and dry. You might even experience hair loss in the infected area.
The skin in the area will be gently scraped off and the sample will be collected. Then, the sample will be viewed under a microscope. That will help discerning, which type of fungus is causing the infection.
The following treatment regime must be followed:
- The skin must be kept dry and clean.
- Fungal creams are best. Creams that contain miconazole, ketoconazole, clotrimazole or oxiconazole are excellent for fungal infections.
- Only apply the cream on clean skin. You can use it twice in a day. Bandaging the infected area is not recommended.
- To prevent the infection from spreading, wash your towels in warm water and use clean towels every time you bathe. Also, clean the bathroom and wear freshly washed clothes.
- If pets are infected, treat them as well.
The infection usually goes away under 4 weeks. The infection may branch out to the nails, groin, scalp and feet. Self-care is effective, but if symptoms persist, then do consult a specialist. Ringworms have certain complications, such as scratching the skin too much causes skin infections and other skin disorders, which may need further treatment.