Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Praful ReddyYour feedback matters!
I have pimples from last 5 to 6 years. I got many scars and holes on my face, still I am having pimples on my face. By the way I used eukroma plus cream for few months, at that time scars were removed and pimples are also stopped, later after stopping the cream I got pimples again. Please tell me how to get rid of pimples and it's scars.
Hi, My whole face skin is darkened and now my hands have this dark brown patches. Will laser skin resurfacing help me get rid of this skin pro lem &how much will it cost me to do a laser skin resurfacing treatment in Delhi and where do I get it done.
Few weeks ago I gone to fort on holiday as I wore a t shirt it was hot weather so I got sunstroke from my arm to full hand so wanted to ask what should I apply on skin.
Last week I asked one question still today I nt got answer please tell me reason. My question is I was a smoker coz of this my lips become black so please suggest me medication.
Hello sir/mam My name is govind. I'm 20 year old. My problem is my face because its dark than other my body parts. I use sun screen daily but I didn't get profit till now. Please suggest me and which one cream should I apply on my face for getting fairness?
Causes of skin discoloration and its types
Skin discoloration is a condition where the overall color of skin appears patchy and uneven. This generally takes the form of dark spots, blotchiness, jagged sunburns, etc. It is caused due to unequal distribution of melanin, the pigment responsible for imparting color to the skin.
Melanin is produced by the melanocyte cells in the epidermis layer of the skin. This pigment plays a protective role in the skin, particularly when it comes to defense against sun damage. Production of melanin is generally uniform through the skin but sometimes, various anomalies cause some parts of the skin to produce excess melanin whereas others may produce none at all. This leads to discoloration of the skin, making the appearance of skin tone irregular and non-uniform.
What are the different types of skin discoloration?
There are various types of skin discoloration which are caused by different medical and nonmedical conditions.
Some of them are as follows:
- Melasma. This type of skin discoloration occurs due to fluctuations in the levels of estrogen and progesterone in the body. This condition is found most commonly in pregnant women.
- Vitiligo. This is a medical condition which is caused when melanocyte cells cease to function or die. It manifests itself in the form of white patches that appear on the skin.
- Sunburns and Tans. These appear on the skin in the form of dark patches, uneven splotches and burns. It is caused by unprotected and prolonged exposure to the sun.
- Tinea Versicolor. This type of skin discoloration is caused by a fungal infection that makes skin appear dull and flaky in patches. It occurs due to hormone level fluctuations or a malfunction in the immune system.
- Skin Cancer. When the skin gets affected by melanomas and carcinomas, it appears discolored. This type of discoloration changes shape, size and texture and requires the immediate attention of a specialist.
- Other causes of skin discoloration include genetic inheritance, allergic reactions and drug reactions. The diagnosis of treatment depends on the exact nature of the condition and varies from case to case. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.