Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pradeep Kesri
Submit a review for Dr. Pradeep KesriYour feedback matters!
I'm having swelling in my left breast since 2-3 weeks plus yesterday I felt pain as well for the first time but today its fine. My periods were regular as usual and i am active in sex. Though im not in pain as such but swelling is there. Im scared to tell my parents as I live in village area n there we do not have ladies doctors. I will have to travel to a gayani in city. What shall I do. I do have kinda bump in left side.
How does detoxification process help cancer patients? Please let me know various detoxification processes.
I hv enlarge prostate 65 cc. For prostate surgery other than laser treatment there is now another treatment PE prostate artery embolization What are + or - of these treatment.
We always think of wearing something cosy to bed to get a good night's sleep. We even dress up kids to be comfortable and bundled up so they can get a sound sleep. Studies have shown that contrary to popular belief, sleeping nude is the best way to a sound sleep. In addition to good sleep, there are other benefits that have been identified too, as listed below:
- Improves sleep quality - While most of us think of keeping ourselves cosy in our nightwear leads to good sleep, science believes otherwise. A reduced core body temperature is what leads to better sleep. This happens when you sleep with no extra layers of clothes to keep you warm. Research conducted showed better depth of sleep and reduced number of awakenings when there are no extra clothing layers.
- Better skin and hair health - Melatonin and growth hormone are essential for anti-aging and they are released when the body temperature is cooler, which happens when sleeping in the nude. Growth hormone is essential for bone mineralization, improved immunity, and muscle mass building. Melatonin is a good hormone regulator, and manages the functioning of other hormones essential for our body. The armpits and groin area are always covered, and sleeping without clothes can help these areas breathe and feel fresher. The chances of yeast infection are also reduced.
- Reduced stress levels - The stress hormone cortisol is also optimal, both in release and function, when the body gets a good sleep. This is essential for better immunity and cognitive function, better sugar regulation. Reduced stress leads to reduced chances of heart disease, stroke, diabetes, etc. Therefore, sleeping without clothes helps to better equip you with fighting stress.
- Weight loss - Our body has two types of fat - brown and white. While fat helps to keep the body warm, sleeping without clothes burns more of this fat and thereby increases weight loss. Another mechanism also is that the good sleep that you get when sleeping without clothes helps improve metabolism, reduce fatty and sugar cravings, thereby further adding to weight loss.
- Improved relationships - Needless to say, getting into the habit of sleeping without clothes will help your sex life. The science behind it is the improved released of oxytocin, which is the cuddle hormone.
- Better sperm quality - The testes produce better sperm quality when body temperature is cooler, thereby improving male fertility. Warm clothes at night also has a bad effect on testosterone, which is essential for boosting libido and other male sexual features.
There you go - a lot of valid scientifically proven reasons to drop those night suits and pajamas off - what is more, there is also a cost saving here! In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Prostate cancer is a condition triggered by the abnormal and uncontrolled growth and division of some cells of the prostate gland. Today, incidences of prostate cancer are alarmingly rising in India. In fact, some reports suggest that the cases of prostate cancer are likely to double by the year 2020, all the more reasons to manage and control the condition on time.
Like the other forms of cancer, prostate cancer can also metastasize and affect the other vital organs of the body (Secondary Cancer). One of the body parts where the prostate cancer is most likely to metastasize first are the bones. As per the American Cancer Society, bone metastasis can give rise to a host of complications and discomfort including Hypercalcemia (elevated levels of blood calcium levels). There will also be severe bone damage with frequent bone fractures which can be quite painful. Thus, it is essential that the spread of prostate cancer is somehow controlled or slowed down. In this regard, the Bone Directed therapy deserves a special mention.
The Osteoclasts are cells in the bone that plays a pivotal role in bone reabsorption, ensuring that the bones stay healthy and disease free. The metastasis of the prostate cancer to bones results in the osteoclasts becoming over-reactive. This, in turn, can result in a myriad of problems affecting the bones. The Prostate Bone Directed Therapy involves the use of drugs and medications that will help to regulate and slow down the over-reactive osteoclast cells. For this purpose, the drug that is commonly used is Zometa or Zoledronic acid, which is a type of Bisphosphonate.
The use of this drug can go a long way to ensure that the bones remain healthy by
- Lowering the level of the calcium in the blood.
- It also contributes significantly preventing the bone loss, bone thinning, and bone metastasis.
- As per various scientific studies, the use of Bisphosphonates can work wonders to slow down or arrest the metastasis of prostate cancer to the bones.
However, if the prostate cancer had already metastasized the bone, the use of the drug Prolia (intravenous injections are often used) may provide fruitful results. The dosage of the drug may vary among individuals depending on the extent of the damage.
- Prolia is known to play an instrumental role in reducing the incidences of bone breaks and hypercalcemia.
- In people with a relatively higher level of Prostate-specific antigen or PSA ( a protein produced by the prostate gland cells which can be indicative of prostate cancer), the drug Prolia can help to arrest the growth of the malignant cells.
However, the drug comes with its share of side effects which may range from a sharp dip in the calcium level to allergic reactions, backaches, or even jaw bone complications.
Thus, the drug should be used with great care and under strict medical supervision.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!