Lybrate.com has top trusted Homeopaths from across India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prabhakar T
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prabhakar TYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 23 old female my hair is not growing. First I have long hair and strong sadly do not no wht happen so many shampoo I changed day by day my hair is becoming small and its not growthing only I am not getting what to do in january my marriage is fixed. My all sisters and friends they are seeing and laughing for my hair I can not go parts also please tel me wht to do.
In few days before I have chicken pox it can be cured but the spot has not been leaved how it can removed? Please advice
Hello doctor. I'm having sex with many females. All are tested And don't have HIV .and they have sex with me only. I have sex with my cousin 21 years and my newly married aunt 27 years and girlfriend 18 years. I have strong sex with them without condom. Is it safe?
I have done unprotected sex 7 months ago. have STD chlamydia. After that I take medicine got cured. I have also test HIV, hsv,vdrl, tpha, gonorrhea ,syphilis after window period. Now two months before I developed a white type of thing on my penile shaft. When I use apple vinegar it goes and came back. It irritates me and blood came when I use vinegar can you tell me what is this is it HPV or other .and have fissured tongue also.
Sir how I can grow up my hight and wait gain so please advise me and my last question is I have problem with my dandruff in hade so please give me advise what I do.
I am having high fever from last ten days I have consulted the doctor but not used so please suggest the treatment.
I am 24 yr male, on an average of 4to 5 months span, I suffer from cold and cough because of heat in the body, so please suggest me what to do? Thanks in advance.
Pruritus Vulvae is the most common cause of vulvar soreness and abnormal discharge in adolescent girls. The growing years are a transition phase where most body parts are undergoing changes to reach the adult stage. While some changes would be obvious externally, there are a lot of internal changes, which would not be very apparent. And for growing girls, especially the changes that they see in their private parts are worrisome, sometimes unpleasant and uncomfortable. About 50% of them would not even discuss these with someone to avoid embarrassment.
Some amount of vaginal discharge is normal and contains bacteria, which are essential for a normal genital health. It also provides lubrication and keeps the area clean. However, the amount, color, and type of discharge can vary and is a good indication of any underlying abnormal condition. Most genital tract issues manifest with a change in the vaginal discharge along with irritation or soreness.
In adolescent girls, the most common problem is pruritus vulvae, which is itching of the vulva region. It is a variant of contact dermatitis caused by irritation. In the growing years, the vulva is thin and delicate with a neutral pH. This makes it easily irritable, unlike in mature women, who also have the protection of pubic hair, thick skin, and labial fat pads. This irritation leads to the condition called pruritus vulvae.
Causes of soreness:
These are primarily non-infectious and infectious (genital).
- Poor hygiene leading to irritation, soreness and itching
- Contamination with urine or feces
- Mechanical irritation from itching, use of toilet paper, ill-fitting undergarments.
- Chemical irritation from soaps, detergents, shampoo, chlorinated water, etc.
- Foreign body such as toilet paper leading to vaginal discharge can cause vulval irritation
- Skin diseases like atopic dermatitis, seborrheic dermatitis, or psoriasis presents with vulvar symptoms too in the form of soreness and itching
- Sexually transmitted infections like trichomoniasis, gonorrhea and chlamydia.
- Viral infections like genital herpes and genital warts.
- Fungal infections such as Candida such as and tinea are rarely the cause of pruritus vulvae in prepubertal females.
- Worms like pinworms which move from the anus to the vagina, causing itching
- Bacteria like Shigella, Yersinia and E. coli can also lead to non-sexually transmitted infections and subsequent symptoms like soreness and discharge.
- Awareness is the first step in prevention. The girl must be educated about the changes her body is going through and the reasons behind it.
- Hygiene habits, especially after urination or passing feces, should be enforced.
- Avoid undergarments that are tight fitting and can be irritating
- Avoid soaps/chemicals when cleaning the genital area
- Topical creams (emollients/hydrocortisone) are usually effective
- Infections would need a course of antibiotics
When the girl is complaining of soreness and itching, it is best to visit a doctor to get a thorough examination and manage accordingly. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!