Lybrate.com has top trusted Pulmonologists from across India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prabhakar Rao
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prabhakar RaoYour feedback matters!
Homoeopathy: the science of healing from within
The unique way of treatment optimises the patient's ability to heal its body, thus making homoeopathy universally applicable to all kinds of diseases.
A homoeopathic doctor has a different way of exploring the patient.
A homoeopathic-practitioner aims at an overall, comprehensive approach towards each one of its patients. An excellent homoeopathic practitioner not only should aim at taking steps in understanding and curing the disease, but also be learning about the patient's lifestyle, thought-processes, and psychological make-up that may affect the medical conditions. Homoeopathic physicians, like any other doctor, ask you about your health history, clinically examine you, and conduct investigations.
Keen to know you
A homoeopath may not only ask you questions about your physical health but also your mental health. There may be psychological treatments first, as homoeopathic doctors believe that it is crucial to know the psychological status of the patient; what is one going through in the personal life, and such aspects that affect the patient's medical conditions. The doctor will take a keen interest in knowing the patient as an individual, including the unique way in which the patient presents its symptoms.
Homoeopathic consultation includes questions about the person's lifestyle, eating habits, sleeping patterns, and approach towards a stressful situation. Considering all these factors, a homoeopath will select the most appropriate medicine that will stimulate the patient's ability to heal itself. This method helps a homoeopath to prescribe the medication in a particular potency. This medicine is either in pills/globules form or dilution in a liquid form.
Is homoeopathy capable of treating every disease?
Homoeopathy applies to all kinds of diseases, all acute as well as chronic conditions that can be treated with other medicines. May it be a simple cough and cold, urinary tract infection, or chronic diseases such as asthma, arthritis, pcod (polycystic ovary disease; affecting one in 10 women), diabetes, and many more.
Following is a list of diseases that homoeopathy can effectively treat:
- Infections: acute rhinitis (inflammation of the nose membrane), conjunctivitis, urinary tract infections, gastroenteritis, amoebiasis, and a few more.
- Pediatric illnesses: repeated respiratory tract infections, bronchitis, acute and chronic otitis media, and adenoid hypertrophy.
- Skin illnesses: urticaria, psoriasis, eczema, warts, and more.
- Female-specific disorders: menstrual irregularities, pcod, menopause related complaints, complaints during pregnancy and lactation.
- Disease of psychosomatic origin: a migraine, irritable bowel syndrome, and more.
Is there any specific age group? can a child be treated with homoeopathy?
For homoeopathic treatment, there is no specific age limit. You can be of any age and may simultaneously take some other treatment; homoeopathy has suitable solutions for your complaints. These medicines have no restrictions even during pregnancy and lactation whereas other medications may have.
Why should one choose a homoeopathic treatment over other pathies?
Homoeopathic medicines are tested on healthy human beings; repeated trials are conducted, before application in patients. These are safe medicines for patients, including during pregnancy and lactation.
These medicines are pleasant to taste and hence can be used for any generation; from infants to geriatric groups. Oftentimes, they are not costly and affordable to all. They have no side effects, and homoeopathy does not have any habit-forming medicines.
How does one know that the medicine has expired?
One cannot consume the medicine if the globules have changed their colour from white to yellow. If the drug in liquid form has changed its colour or has turned into sediments, it is considered as expired. On purchasing the new medicines, they may have a smell of alcohol as they are freshly medicated. This smell reduces with time, but do not worry the loss of alcohol-smell does not affect the medicine's power to cure a disease. Homoeopathic medicines need to be stored in a cool and dry place away from sunlight.
An allergy occurs when your body’s immune system reacts abnormally to certain substances or chemicals (known as allergens) that may actually be harmless.
Respiratory allergies are one of the most common forms of allergy seen in people of all ages. This type of an allergy occurs when the immune system reacts negatively to airborne substances, for example, dust. Although normally these substances do not pose a threat to your body, the antibodies consider allergens dangerous and release chemicals (histamines) to fight it. This response of the body to an allergen is expressed in the form of symptoms like a rash and is known as an allergic reaction.
Causes of Respiratory Allergy-
Some of the common causes of respiratory allergy are-
- Dust/pollen- when you are exposed to dust mites that are usually found indoors
- Mold- when you inhale mold spores
- Pet dander- when you inhale or come in contact with pet dander/saliva
Apart from these, exposure to certain irritants such as fumes and smoke may also trigger a respiratory allergy in individuals.
Symptoms to watch out for-
The symptoms of respiratory allergy in each person may vary from those in another. Usually, the symptoms affect the airway, skin, or eyes.
- Nasal congestion/discharge
- Difficulty breathing
- Runny/blocked nose
- Watery, itchy eyes
- Swollen eyelids
- Sinus pressure
Severe allergic reactions may also lead to chest tightness, asthma, and conjunctivitis.
How Homeopathy treats Respiratory Allergy-
- Homeopathy treatment is based on a paradoxical theory- a substance that triggers a set of symptoms is also capable of curing them. Homeopathy thus aims to evaluate what is causing the illness and eliminate its underlying causes.
- As stated above, allergies are the result of an unknown immune response to an otherwise harmless substance. This usually occurs if you have a weak immune system. Homeopathy works to improve and boost your immune system, so you do not encounter allergic reaction to such conditions in future.
- Medications and drugs used in conventional treatment methods often lead to side effects, but Homeopathy uses natural ingredients and substances, and hence these are 100% safe for consumption.
Allergies are usually curable, only if one takes prompt action. Allergic reactions, if left untreated for long, can quickly aggravate to cause a life-threatening condition like anaphylaxis. So if you see any of the above symptoms, consult a doctor as early as possible.