Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prabhakar
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. PrabhakarYour feedback matters!
I am 18 years old boy and while studying or watching tv my right eye becomes watery. What should I do?
Sir, I am having dryness problem with my eyes while wearing contact lenses. Currently I am using Bausch & Lomb H04 (power -15 both). Which type of CLs are preferred for me? Thank you sir.
Water is coming of both of my eyes for last 4/5 years. Previously antibiotics helped a little bit but now even it is not working. I have heard that surgery is the only way out now. Is it advisable? How long is the procedure? Please clear cost, effectiveness, availability in Kolkata, mediclaim availability etc. Both of my eyes have LASIK operations, left eye cataract done recently.
I have irritation in my eyes frequently. My eyes waters sometimes on itching. It is uneasy. I get pressure on my eyes sometimes. Please help me!
I took a test of my eye on an optical shop and my eyesight was. 25 of both eyes. He was not a doctor but maybe an optometrist. Should I use specs. And is it okay to test eye on an optical shop without concerning doctor?
My eyes gets pained when I walk through sunlight, while reading at classroom, while sitting in car etc.
Dear Doctors please suggest any exercise or natural food to improve eyesight. Right now it's -1.75 when I first checked it's -0.75 getting worse day by day.
From two days onwards my eyes are full stained and gor paining. Can you suggest me how to get relax in short time?
LASIK is a corrective eye surgery that aims at repairing the vision impairment. It is known as laser in situ keratomileusis. This surgery is typically used to fix nearsightedness, farsightedness and even astigmatism.
So can this surgery help in removing your spectacles and giving you crystal clear vision? Let us find out!
- Definition: The LASIK procedure basically works towards reshaping the cornea, which is the clear portion that coats the eye. This is responsible for proper travel of light to the retina where it must focus in an appropriate manner so as to reach the back of eye.
- Corrective Technique: With its cornea reshaping technique, this procedure is effective in correcting vision and removing spectacles for at least 96% of the patients who go through this treatment.
- Convenient: The LASIK surgery is a highly convenient one that hardly creates any pain. Numbing drops are used to minimise the pain that may be felt during the procedure. Also, the time taken for the correction is very little with most procedures commencing within a day or two. Further, this procedure does not require any bandages or stitches and usually works with a powerful laser beam.
- Eyeglass Dependence Reduction: Most patients have a dramatic improvement in the quality of their vision and do not require glasses, while other patients usually have a reduced dependence on eyeglasses once the surgery is done.
- Preparing for the Surgery: To prepare for the surgery, it is imperative to meet and coordinate the details with the ophthalmologist who will examine your eye carefully and seek to determine the risk of any kind of side effect. Also, the doctor will ask specific questions regarding the medical history of the patient before conducting the surgery. As a part of the preparation, the doctor will also take measurements of the corneal thickness and other such factors like refraction, corneal mapping, pupil dilation and air pressure, so as to carry out the surgery in the most effective manner. Do not wear your contact lenses for at least three weeks before this evaluation so as to get the correct reading which will make the surgery much more effective due to the correct settings applied to the pulses.
- Procedure: During the procedure, an instrument known as a microkeratome laser will be used to lift the flap of the cornea which will be peeled back while the corneal tissue is reshaped. Then the cornea flap will be put back in its position.
Remember to be prepared for some amount of dryness in the eyes once the surgery is over. Talk to your doctor about other side effects.