Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Podaralla Ramakrishna
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Podaralla RamakrishnaYour feedback matters!
I have very thin hairs. And they have very space between them. That why I am feeling so nervous. Whenever I comb I loose almost 10-15 hairs. What should I do?
Hi as one of my relative who is in delhi is having a violent and aggressive depression which is now not controllable as v have given him some first aid and got it admitted in some re hab centre Dr. has given some first aid injections my question is to pls let me know where he can have the permanent solution for the same and pls suggest me the best possible rehabilitation centre near by delhi where v can take him for the same for a long period for the recovery his age is around 55 years please suggest your information will be valuable.
I want to quit the smoking he to quiting and any side effects or any causes I accoutrements if I quit the smoke.
My brain has stopped working, because of over masturbation I think my brains neurotransmitters are affected. I was masturbating since 9 yrs. Please tell me medicine or any treatment.
I have been given librium 10 TDS for last few years now my psychiatrist told me to reduce it twice daily for one week then once daily for next week then stop. I find different schedules on net. Will you please tell me librium tapering schedule suitable for me?
Our days are filled with endless tasks that pave the way for stress to become part and parcel of our lives. And when left unmanaged, stress can not only interfere with your mood, but impair productivity and immune function as well. Stress is a natural response activated in the brain, excessive stress can cause damage to the mental health and increases the risks of various diseases, such as headaches, migraines, heart attacks, heartburn, constipation, etc.
Therefore, managing stress is of great importance and can be achieved easily if you carefully incorporate the following stress busters into your everyday life.
- Be more active: Stress is known to increase the level of stress hormones such as cortisol in the body. And it is by indulging yourself in more and more physical activities that these hormone levels can be maintained at desired levels.
- Eat healthy: A nutritious and balanced diet has an important role to play in stress management. Lack of adequate nutrition can make you feel physically and emotionally drained and difficult to deal with the stressors. Completely avoiding tobacco, alcohol, and caffeine can actually help in reducing stress levels.
- Ensure plenty of sleep: While stress is known to interrupt a sound sleep, similarly, the lack of proper sleep is also responsible for making you feel stressed. Having a proper sleep is not only necessary for keeping the biological clock of your body on track, but also for feeling fresh and relaxed. Therefore, to deal with stress, try to have an uninterrupted sleep.
- Consider meditating: Mindful prayer and meditation help both the mind and the body to focus and relax. Practicing meditation on a regular basis can not only make you feel more focused and develop new perspectives, but also help the body in releasing the emotions that are responsible for causing stress.
- Give yourself a break: No matter how difficult it may seem, you must learn to give yourself some time off from all the stressors to manage stress. Whether it's the work pressure in your office or some household responsibilities, you have to step away from it for a few minutes at least which can eventually make you feel less overwhelmed.
- Maintain social support: Simply talking to someone can also help you manage your stress better. Sharing your feelings and concerns with a friend can either help in releasing the built-up tension from within or keep you distracted from the stressors. Therefore, next time you feel stressed, talk to someone whom you trust and who can validate and understand you.
Stress refers to the body's way of reacting to any threat, demand, and change. And to keep stress at bay from interrupting your mental as well as physical health, don’t hesitate to talk to a psychiatrist, if necessary.