Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Podaralla RamakrishnaYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, I have headache from last two days, what should I do for it and also little bit of body pains. Please help me.
Sir/maam I am 23 years, I want to quit smoking. I tried many times but failed. I smoke 1 pack or less everyday. Is there any medication to stop smoking? I am 6 ft tall and my weight is 86 kg. Does quitting cigarettes make me gain more weight?
My wife is always afraid to travel in small vehicles after an accident how to clear off this phobia.
My mother takes very much tension and she also has a very high sugar rate last time tested it was fasting-278, PP-375 so is there any topic to worry about and if yes then how to solve it.
Sir, where I get speech therapist. I get very shame to talk someone. I can not start a conversation. So.What step is more valuable for mee. please sir. I need your help.
I ve not much concentration on my studies. I ve tried to do meditation, but I couldn't do well with it too. Is it a serious one to bother?
Sir when I wake up in the morning I feel pain in my body and I feel like cold so how to deal with it.
I use forget everything. Suppose I kept something and then afterward I would forget place that where kept my stuff. Pls help. Is there any mental imbalance.
Sir I can't concentrate on my studies. Because my mind is not in my way, some memory loss happening when I studied night I can't get it by morning please tell me some suggestions.
I do not know but I feel lonely. And I just over think a lot. I am loosing my zest for studies or any work. Its just my brain is puzzled! Please advice me . What should i do ?
Good evening sir I am 27 year old man preparing competitive exam. More then three year, sir what I am reading that only store in my mind only for 2 to 3 day. And not more then that. Hence I am require some medicine or trick to increase memory power because upcoming month exam are going to held on.
I am 60 years old. I am worried about my niece who is not focussing on her career and is wasting time in going around with friends and at times does not even come home. How to handle.
I am smoking since last 2 years .and now I can't stop that .I mean I want to but m addicted for this .tell how to get rid of it and it's consequences if not stopped early.
What are mood swings?
Mood swings are defined as sudden and abrupt changes in mood. These mood swings can sometimes help promote problem solving abilities, but a stronger form of these can be associated to a more complex disorder namely, bipolar disorder that is characterised by the cyclical shift from manic to depressive and vice versa.
What causes mood swings?
There are several things that can trigger mood swings starting from your brain chemistry to substance abuse. The most common cause of moods swings can be-
- Abnormal levels of neurotransmitters (NTs) in the brain (ex. Serotonin is majorly responsible for change in moods, changes in emotional state and sleep)
- Anabolic steroid abuse
- Borderline personality Disorder
- Autism or other pervasive developmental disorders
- Premenstrual Syndrome
- Major depression
- Post traumatic stress disorder
How to deal with mood swings?
Mood swings can make life difficult for yourself and those around you as well. It is advisable to keep your mood swings under control in order to get along with your life normally.
- Try to remain positive: May be you have had a string of heartbreaks off late or failed interviews, but do not let that define a trend in your life. This can lead to depression and make you upset. Keep your mind open to other possibilities and never lose hope. Hope is something that keeps one going; it gives someone a purpose in life.
- Balance your life: Learn to maintain a balance between work and leisure. Don’t make your life all about work, take small breaks to do what you like (perhaps read a book, or play an instrument).
- Accept the grey in your life: “Life is like a box of chocolates”. You will never know what comes your way. It is never just black and white. Learn to accept that life can go a little downhill sometimes, but don’t be too alarmed by that. Enjoy the best and always keep yourself prepared for the worse.
- Learn to laugh: Enjoy and appreciate the little things around you. It might surprise you, if you consciously look around with an open mind, you will see the miniscule things that may make you laugh. Maybe that neighbour you find annoying is actually a fun guy to be with or that aunty who is always badgering you with questions is actually concerned about you. And most of all learn how to laugh at yourself! People have made a career over doing that. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. You are more fun than you expected to be. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.