Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Phani Prashanth

Psychiatrist, Hyderabad

Dr. Phani Prashanth Psychiatrist, Hyderabad
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I'm dedicated to providing optimal health care in a relaxed environment where I treat every patients as if they were my own family....more
I'm dedicated to providing optimal health care in a relaxed environment where I treat every patients as if they were my own family.
More about Dr. Phani Prashanth
Dr. Phani Prashanth is a trusted Psychiatrist in Tarnaka, Hyderabad. You can consult Dr. Phani Prashanth at Prashant Mind Clinic in Tarnaka, Hyderabad. Don’t wait in a queue, book an instant appointment online with Dr. Phani Prashanth on has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 34 years of experience on You can find Psychiatrists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Prashant Mind Clinic

#12-1-371, Lalapet Shanthi Nagar Road, TarnakaHyderabad Get Directions
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Phani Prashanth

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

I ate rice with small piece of stone like rice size during eating. Whether it will be out or not. L am feeling fear that it would create problem. please help me! I shall be much obliged to you through out my life.

BASM, MD, MS (Counseling & Psychotherapy), MSc - Psychology, Certificate in Clinical psychology of children and Young People, Certificate in Psychological First Aid, Certificate in Positive Psychology
Psychologist, Palakkad
Dear lybrate user. Don't worry. Your digestion system is too slow and powerful. The stones will go through your anus in the next evacuation.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Sir, I am suffering from hairfall. My skin is oily. I have stopped using of shampoo and conditioner. please tell me how can I control my hair fall.

U need to change your shampoo into a baby shampoo. Avoid iodized salt. And you need proper homeopathic treatment for this. You can contact me through lybrate.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 26 old male having gonads pain. While in the mood of sexual mind for 1- 2 hrs, this pain will last for at least 12 hrs. Is this a major issue? How I can rectify this problem?

D.E.H.M, B.E.M.S, M.D.(E.H)
Sexologist, Faridabad
Certainly you would not ejaculate or make full sexual act while watching porn movies, talking adult or making out with partner if somebody try to delay or not ejaculate hold on ejaculation for long time pain is felt later on. So it should not done so. Wish you good health.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My daughter age is 20 is really depressed after a failed relationship and has been getting really low grades in class. She goes through prolonged bouts of crying every night and does not want to go out. She feels she has been duped by her ex- boyfriend (who is close to all her friends) and she has been defiled. How can I help her?

L L. B..,, M.Sc psychy,, N L P, P.G.D.G.C, M.S psychotherapy,, M.A child care, M A, clinical psy, M.A,social psychiatry,, M.Phil., psychology., Ph.D .,psychology
Psychologist, Vijayawada
You daugher is very sensitive. She is upset and in depressive thoughts. Please sit with her. Please listen every statement. Better to take her outside. Cook different items of food every day. Give some work when she feels loneliness. Develop a very good friendly environment in home. Better to consult psychologist. She must explore before him. She needs psychological counselling and behaviour therapy. Better to consult avery good psychologist. My best wishes.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Dr., I have started forgetting the things nowadays, like where I kept my keys, my purse etc. Also I have a headache by studying in classroom for continuous 2 hrs or more. I also feel heaviness in my head all day long. I also feel that my concentration power has decreased. I can't focus on my studies. Can you suggest what should be done?

DHMS (Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery)
Homeopath, Ludhiana
Homoeopathic medicine-------------- bacoppa monneri (wilmar schwabe india) chew 2 tab twice daily---------------- bren-up (allen) drink 2 spoon 3 times daily----------------- bramhari pranayam daily for 15 minutes ---------------- report after 30 days-----------------
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 17 years old .I am suffering from a night fall from 4 to 5 years. Weekly once I get a night fall from 4 years .I am getting so sick .My skin is getting to older and I have cut to older men. I did not got any ideas to cure and any answer for this. I have tired a lot .I am student to study but I cannot getting an interest due to my health. My face full of pimples, skin looks like a older and dry. I can not get a marriage also after 21 years. My life is too hard to explain but in this Lybrate I have a hope on doctors who really need to born me again and I want to get any capsules or Medicine for this.

Homeopath, Sindhudurg
The following precautions are advised to check frequent night emission: · Do not sleep on the back · Do not use milk at night · Avoid overeating · Take your night meal at least before 3 hours before going to bed · Excessive spices, wine, eggs, meat and other stimulating things should be avoided. · Plenty vegetables, fruits should be taken · Tea, curd, betel should be avoided · Food should be chewed thoroughly · Avoid taking much fluid after dinner · Intake water frequently during day time. · Void urine prior to going to bed. · Get up early in the morning since such discharges occur in the morning hours · Excessive horse riding and cycling should be avoided · Deep breathing and long walk in healthy atmosphere should be done · Amorous thoughts and discussions should be avoided · Daily and light exercise should be done · Clean the genitals daily. · Moderate diet should be taken HOMOEOPATHY prove best and safe method of treatment in order to cure night emission. Consult me for permanent cure by homoepathic treatment without side effects. Recommend me by clicking on recommend option..
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I m 28 years female married. I have a problem of loneliness. Drug addict. I had done love marriage but no change in unsocializing behavior nor more loneliness. Hav a partner too, my best frnd in al ways. But he is out of india. Its more than 45-55 days no intimacy. Now I dont feel lyk. I am loyal to partner. When I thot myself to get rid of mental stress. I dont feel llike. Is it sign of menopause or what. whenever I surf some site for my ownself. I end up in crying as thats comes, i m cheating my partner" what to do? Help.

DHMS (Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery)
Homeopath, Ludhiana
Actually your loneliness is due to 2 reasons------ 1.Rude behaviour of you husband as you had high expectations from him. 2.Mentally diverted your thoughts towards your boyfriend who is abroad as you think that he care for you a lot than your husband. But you are wrong here.Yes ,I am sorry to say but we call it cheating only Pooja.See this is just the beginning of your life and this is the time to enjoy life.Be loyal to your husband.It is a universal fact that FEELINGS ATTRACTS FEELINGS and you have no feelings for your husband and in return you also get the same neglected feelings from your husband.So just try to forget your friend abroad and give your full love ,attention and care to your husband and see how beautiful is your life.Dont try to travel in two boats simultaneously,you will drown one day and ruin your life.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My mind is not in my control. It always want to do sex. I am unmarried help me. What can I do?

Masters in Clinical Psychology
Psychologist, Lucknow
Hi lybrate-user, Its important to know where the urge and thoughts are stemming from. I would want you to practice Mindful Breathing The primary goal of mindful breathing is simply a calm, nonjudging awareness, allowing thoughts and feelings to come and go without getting caught up in them. Sit comfortably, with your eyes closed and your spine reasonably straight. Bring your attention to your breathing. Imagine that you have a balloon in your tummy. Every time you breathe in, the balloon inflates. Each time you breathe out, the balloon deflates. Notice the sensations in your abdomen as the balloon inflates and deflates. Your abdomen rising with the in-breath, and falling with the out-breath. Thoughts will come into your mind, and that’s okay, because that’s just what the human mind does. Simply notice those thoughts, then bring your attention back to your breathing. Likewise, you can notice sounds, physical feelings, and emotions, and again, just bring your attention back to your breathing. You don’t have to follow those thoughts or feelings, don’t judge yourself for having them, or analyse them in any way. It’s okay for the thoughts to be there. Just notice those thoughts, and let them drift on by, bringing your attention back to your breathing. Whenever you notice that your attention has drifted off and is becoming caught up in thoughts or feelings, simply note that the attention has drifted, and then gently bring the attention back to your breathing. It's okay and natural for thoughts to enter into your awareness, and for your attention to follow them. No matter how many times this happens, just keep bringing your attention back to your breathing. Do daily whenever you have such thoughts. You need to learn to take control of your thoughts. You can consult me for counseling. All the best.
90 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello doc I have an issue, My son is 3 years old but still can not speak properly. We stay in joint family we all talk a lot but I am very tensed why my son is not able to speak properly pls suggest what should I do?

General Physician, Mumbai
Avoid mundane gossips in family Develop confidence in your son by giving him moral instructions so that he becomes a better human being capable of talking only useful things and avoiding to speak nonsense.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Nowadays I am too much thinking about the activities we do everyday. Why is this happening? What can help me to lead a stress free life?

BDS, Certification in hypnotherapy, Certification in N.L.P, Certification in Gene and behavior, Psychology at Work
Psychologist, Gurgaon
Dear fiend, too much thinking means too many desires, which are always in future. We all are obsessed with future, not too much concerned with present, but the life always throbs in the present. Enjoy your present, and avoid getting into the trap of what one should be all the time. Also the single pointed focus on the result of all the activities brings stress. Instead try being focused on the activity itself. You are young do not complicate your life. Cheers.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am a smoking addict person so please tell me how can I get rid of it as I am suffering from cough and cold.

Reparenting Technique, BA, BEd
Psychologist, Bangalore
Congratulations that you want to quit smoking. Tobacco consumption, either through smoke or other edible forms, is always harmful. The desire to quit is a good starting point. The best way to quit is to know more about the ill-effects of tobacco. The knowledge is astounding and scary. That information itself should help you to want to quit. The tobacco tar in cigarette smoke lines your lung with huge patches that make that portion dysfunctional. Your oxygen carrying capacity is jeopardized, and breathing is impinged. The nicotine in tobacco smoke stimulates the heart beat to raise the blood pressure in no time at all. There are more than 4000 harmful chemicals in cigarette smoke!!! You will need to stop smoking or consuming any tobacco related items with immediate effect. Then you need to identify why you smoke: there is an oral need, the nicotine effect, the psychological effect of covering up some other issue, for style, to impress, etc. You may discover that the reasons may be unimportant at this stage because you have become too addicted and the habit has become compulsive. You should start exercises, gradually increasing it over a period of time. Do deep breathing exercises every time you feel like smoking (try Yoga), and replace the oral urge with some healthy food substitute to satiate the need, for a little while. You may take hard candy or chewing gum. If the urge is too strong, then use nicotine chewing gum or nicotine patches, for a little while until the smoking drive reduces substantially. You may join Smokers Anonymous in your city where the support is really extraordinary for like-minded people who are also in the same situation. Keep yourself occupied or engaged with interesting activities during the times when it is most tempting. Keep the company of non-smokers for some time i.e. at least for the first 21 days. Above all announce it to everyone that you have quit smoking. Here’s a piece of very good advice: even if you accidentally/willfully take a cigarette, it is not the end of the world – you can start the cessation all over again. Don’t be discouraged because it is not too late even now to reverse all the ill-effects of smoking. As Mark Twain once jocularly said, “giving up smoking is easy; I have done it many times”. You must persevere with the best support until you defeat this addiction. Counseling is very useful in the initial stages and when temptations are at their highest.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

What is maximum speed reached in a Tmt stress test. Or what stage has to reached by a46 years old men, what is maximum value of BP and HR will be achieved at the peak.

General Physician, Mumbai
For ten minutes we have to gradually increase the speed (which depends on person to person) and BP and heart rate are secondary finding but we have to concentrate only on any changes in the ECG leads.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am female of 16 years and I am suffering from sinus and body pains. What should I do?

General Physician, Cuttack
1.Do steam inhalation 2-3 times daily with Karvol plus inhalant capsule 2.Put Otrivin nasal drop one tablet thrice daily 3. take a course of antibiotic after consulting doctor 4..If you are suffering from chronic sinusitis, take plain Xray PNs/CT scan of PNS or nasal endoscopy after consulting ENT specialist to confirm diagnosis 5.If you are having recurrent symptoms, you may have to undergo endoscopic sinus surgery
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My memory is loosing from some months and an problem that I am terrified too early from my problem. I always confused to take any decision. My confidence level is zero. I always feels depression. My mind is working very slow. Having seen having seen I feel to pain back side and up of my mind. Some people call to me that I have mentally problem.

BAMS, MD Ayurveda
Sexologist, Lonavala
The best ayurveda herb for your case is Natural home remedy using cardamom seeds: 1. Crush 3-4 cardamom seeds to powder 2. Take ½ tsp of this cardamom powder 3. Add to 1 glass of water 4. Mix well 5. Sieve the mixture 6. Drink 1 glass every day Surely you will get results.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am addicted to eat saggubyyam (sabudana) without cooking or smoking I unable to control my temptation is there any harm/ I think something is wrong with me.

MD - Alternate Medicine, BHMS
Homeopath, Surat
No no dear...please do not worry... It is not addiction, it denotes that you have calcium deficiency. Just take Calc Phos 6X 3 times in a day for 1 week. It will be cured. :) Still, if your doubt is not cleared up regarding your health, please ask.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am a boy of 17 years old. I love to wear silky satin skirts, blouses, dresses, night dresses, bras and panties. So it's nice and feels so comfortable to wear. I just love love love to be a girl and I can't express how much I want to and love being a girl. I'm having problems like my family not giving me freedom and I don't have and monitory support. Idk what to:(feels like why am I even living. I want to go shopping and buy all my female clothing in silky satin material which makes me a compère girl:/. I really need help and feel lonely. Being a girl would complete my every to do list. I wish I was born as a girl I wouldve loved it that way.

B.Sc(Hons) Mumbai Univ., ND, MD - Alternate Medicine, Aroma Therap., Bach Flower Rem, Mental Health Cert.
Alternative Medicine Specialist, Mumbai
Hi it is abnormal for a male to wear female clothes. Everything is in the mind. Think positive and control your mind. Hi I will prescribe you some harmless flower remedy available in homoeopathy shops. Try to get original medicines. Mix 5 drops of cherryplum + 5 drops of mimulus + 4 drops of scleranthus + 3 drops of white chestnut. Mix these with 100 ml water and take daily once before sleeping.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I lost the mind sometime thinking the word then I till not remember that what we do then I remember that what should i do?

General Physician, Nashik
To improve your memory :- Give your brain a workout by solving puzzles. Don't skip the physical exercise. Get your 7 hours of sleep. Make time for friends. Keep stress in check by yoga and meditation. Have a laugh. Eat a brain-boosting diet like Almonds, fruits and high protein diet. Identify and treat health problems. Take practical steps to support learning and memory. Avoid multitasking.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi I am 24 years old, girl, I have mentally stressed about family, office and friends. I can't manage to all, please give me suggestion.

MBBS, DNB (Pediatrics)
Pediatrician, Kolkata
Small stresses are part of life. Take them as learning experience. See yourself in positive light. Talk to some one you trust. If you need any help, you can consult any time.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi I am a 25 year female and am suffering from severe depression. There is something very serious going on in my life. I do not know if it is a medical issue or something else but could not find any other way to talk about it. I am a reserved category hindu and am well educated. I am an Mba from well reputed college but my family is very orthodox in terms of marriage since my roots are from village. I have been brought up by my real father's brother who is my 'taauji' but since I ve always been with him so I ve always considered him my father. So the matter is I ve been dating this boy from past 7 years and I love him very very very much. He is an amazing guy, well settled and very loving. But the problem is his religion. He is a muslim. And my parents would never ever allow me to marry him. They are worried about my future but how do I marry someone else when I can not even think about anybody else. My father (taauji) says he will in no case let me marry a muslim. What should I do now? I do not wanna marry anybody else but I do not even want to go against my father who has done so much for me from my childhood. I am really depressed. I just do not understand this situation and the worst part is nobody in my family speaks against him as he is the eldermost person. Can anybody here help me out? I am really confused and disturbed. I still have time but I keep thinking about this only. I am very distracted all the time. Theres nobody who can help. I feel very broken.

MD - Psychiatry
Psychiatrist, Chennai
Love sees no caste or religion. But after marriage there will be lots of changes in life which is always not so rosy like live life. That is why elders see compatibility for married life. You can go ahead and marry the Muslim man, but get in writing he and his family wont force you into his religious customs and neither should you force him for Hindu customs. If this is agreed up I guess married life might be hassle free. make sure the man really loves you by asking if he would agree for these.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My brother in law is 30 years of age and he is an super alcoholic person. Is there any medicine that can help him to quit alcohol. He don't have any past medical history. Me too is a alcoholic person as I mentioned earlier. As I am an asthmatic person I take formonide 200 regularly and pan40 for gas problem.

MD - Podiatrist
Psychiatrist, Lucknow
There are some medicines which can help in reducing craving and withdrawal symptoms but most important thing is will power you can also take hypnotherapy sessions it will help you in quiting.
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed