Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Phani PrashanthYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from severe neurosis after angioplasty . I am not able to walk properly. I tend to lean forward and grow weak on my legs also dizziness and dementia.
Sir I have some problem with body pains not only me and my family and friends and family how to solve the problem any medicine for me to the any solution for the.
Im not well for last 4 days. Severe head ache. Body pain and im not hungry all these days. What should I do??
I recently read that researchers believe certain foods might cure Alzheimer’s disease. Is this true? If so, which foods do this and how much would you have to consume to get the benefits?
I am not able to concentrate on my education. When I sit for studying, I have started thinking on other matters. What should I do for better concentration?
Hi I am regular smoker from last 7 year. Today I got very little bleeding during cough. Suggest me what to do.
I have more fats on my stomach and my head and body is paining altimeter and feel restless now a days.
Doctor my name is akki I need to fit. How can I be fit. What I meed to do. I want to become fat. Do I eat apple daily. Is it ok. Doctor please help me. How can I remove stress.
Sir, My wife is affected by depression aged about 54. Refusing to attend a hospital/psychiatrist for treatment/consultancy. It is very difficult to manage her daily. Please give the solution.
I am 27years old female and I am suffering from epilepsy for 14years and for this I am taking medicine to cure it but for taking this medicines I gain weight and hair fall also. Most of the time I feel frustrated and disturbed. What should I do please help me to cure epilepsy permanently and how to maintain my weight?
1) assess the level of pain on a scale of 0 to 10 where 0 means no pain and 10 means unbearable excruciating pain.
Affirm: following set of affirmations for 21 times.
I solve my pain
I dissolve my pain
I resolve my pain
I co-solve my pain
I super solve my pain.
It would be a good idea to investigate your reasons behind pains. If there are no known pathological changes behind your pain, we recommend, explore deeper emotional issues which needs your attention.
Certain key affirmations can actually help in releasing past emotional toxins from your body, making you feel lighter and healthier.
I am 37 years old I am always lazy inactiveness , always I will not to seeping , day time I will not to sleep long time but late night sleeping , brain not work Sharp , full time I am dull.
I am 25 yr old female and I feel lost I cannot decide simple things I isolate myself or hate my life I dnt know wher I am going I get succidal thoughts.Please do help
I, m tech student of mechanical engg, and I, m not concentrated in our study please tell me any type of medicine to concentrate yr goad.
I am possessive about my husband and I want to change that. She is looking at girls in front of me. I could not tolerate that. It is a mental torture to me. Please let me change that.
Chronic nightmares are caused by a lot of internal as well as external factors. It can cause sleep disorders and can affect your overall health. Some of the key reasons that contribute to chronic nightmares are mentioned below:
- Stress and anxiety: Anxiety can come in many forms. It can happen due to simplest of reasons such as moving to a new place to joining a new job, suffering from trauma to losing a close one in the family, etc. Stress as a result of these can lead to bad dreams and chronic nightmares.
- Media: Suspense shows or scary movies are also known to cause nightmares. Recalling visual imagery from a recently watched horror movie during sleep can appear in the dream without any intervention. The brain can create a sequence and produce imagery based on one’s recent thinking process.
- Depression: A Finnish Study showed that more than 28 percent who suffers from depression get nightmares at night. A negative mindset coupled with poor self-confidence can lead to chronic nightmares resulting in sleep disturbances.
- Traumatic experience: Any recent experience of surviving a natural disaster, violence in the relationship, major vehicle accident, are frequently linked with nightmares. More than 50 percent of the people with PTSD suffer from nightmares reveals the National Center for PTSD, USA.
- Drugs and Medications: People coming out from recent medication such as barbiturates, narcotics and antidepressants often suffer from hyperactive neurotransmitter leading to nightmares. Withdrawal from alcohol and recreational drugs are also known to be responsible for chronic nightmares.
- Snacking Before Bedtime: Often eating before sleeping triggers the metabolism and signals are sent to the brain to be more active than usual. Junk foods and spicy meals should be especially avoided to refrain from chronic nightmares.
- Inability to Relax: Inability to relax gradually builds up a basic level of underlying arousal process which later contributes more in further reaction towards stress.
- Conflicting Material: Any conflicting material which we are not aware of might lay embedded in our subconscious mind, which might contribute to repeated nightmares.
So basic idea is to learn some relaxation technique and practice those. If the condition persists then it will call for a detailed assessment and may be some medication besides Psychological measures.
How to get rid of nightmares?
- Treat the underlying symptoms: It is important to identify the cause of the nightmares. Often stress, PTSD, anxiety and depression can cause nightmares. Once the cause is identified, medical help or self-help techniques can be employed to overcome it.
- Exercise: Exercise tires the body and relaxes the brain. From dancing to rock climbing, running to rowing, hitting a gym to brisk walking, one form of exercise should be daily practised to make sure you get sound sleep during the night.
- Talk to your doctor: If you are undergoing any medication that involves withdrawal, anxiety, narcotics, you should immediately consult a doctor about the effects of medicine. A doctor can either reduce the dosage of medicine or change the medicine altogether to address the problem
- Stress Reduction: Stress can be reduced by practising yoga and meditation. You can also take a hot shower before going to sleep to calm yourself down. A relaxed mind goes a long way in ensuring sound sleep during the night.