Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Phani
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PhaniYour feedback matters!
My mother face skin getting dark day by day. She use few cream to solution but no result. She is very worried about it. Pls give some solution.
Hello sir, I am suffering from major hairfall problem from the last two years. please kindly suggest how to stop hairfall.
Hi there r few acnes on my nose which is making me look ugly I've tried everything but those r not going please help me out.
How to control the white hairs at the age of 20's? And what is the best diet and exercise to increase the breasts size? Is it a genetic problem? Does breasts increase after age of 25?
I am losing hair from 6 months because I over dosed vitamin d by mistake I took 12 injections please tell me what to do.
Growth and development of hair is a cyclical process. After attaining the full maturity, considering its length and thickness, the hair fall out naturally and is replaced by the growth of new one and the process goes on. If the follicles start falling out at a much faster rate then you may be suffering from a condition called Alopecia. This may result in complete or incomplete baldness which can be patchy, irregular or regular, showing a certain pattern. Pattern and frequency of loss are typically different in both men and women. Medications, care and nutrition may help prevent hair loss to some extent, however, in some cases, patients may opt for hair transplant.
The hair transplant is a process wherein hair follicles from a part of the body called the 'donor site' are moved to a bald or balding part of the body known as the 'recipient site’. It requires medical expertise and involves a dermatologist, plastic surgeon and anaesthetist along with other trained technicians. Hence the most crucial choice in reestablishing mane is the doctor or centre for HT you pick.
How do you choose doctor or centre for HT?
Who you choose will determine how natural and full your new hair will be for the rest of your life. In general, the best way to find a physician is through a referral, either from your dermatologist, general practitioner, or another patient. Perhaps, the worst way to choose a doctor is through infomercials or aggressive marketing campaign. Let us analyze a few factors you need to keep in mind before you make this choice….
- Qualification - In choosing a hair transplant surgeon, the first thing you need to know is the doctor’s speciality. Ideally, he or she must be certified as a dermatologist or plastic surgeon.
- Experience – Check for how many years has the physician been dedicated to doing hair transplantation? The skill, talent, and experience of hair restoration physicians vary widely, as do the end results.
- Approach – Check whether the physician takes a holistic approach to hair loss treatment and also offers advice or directly suggests HT? Make sure to have a thorough examination, including having your density checked with a densitometer and your scalp assessed for laxity (looseness). Make sure you are not being rushed into surgery.
- Procedure - Perhaps the biggest decision to make once you have decided to have a hair transplant is whether to have the doctor harvest the donor hair through a long, thin strip via Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) or as individual follicular units using Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE). The doctor can help you decide which is best for you.
- Trust but verify review patient results - Can the surgeon provide a list of names and phone numbers of patients willing to discuss their personal experiences? Patient testimonials will say a lot.
When choosing any kind of health care practitioner, doctor or centre for HT you should go with your gut. If you feel uncomfortable with a doctor, it is usually a sign that you are in the wrong place.