Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pavani
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PavaniYour feedback matters!
I am Dr Tripti Raheja, I am working as a senior consultant in Max super speciality hospital Shalimar Bagh. Today we are going to discuss a recovery after laparoscopic removal of uterus or removal of the uterus by keyhole surgery. Laparoscopic removal of the uterus is a very common procedure done for various reasons like abnormal uterus bleeding, fibroid uterus, and endometriosis etc. So this procedure is done under general anaesthesia that means you are completely put to sleep during the procedure. Modern anaesthetic agents are very short lasting and usually, you are completely fine by 24 hours after surgery. However, in first 24 hours, you may feel more sleepy than normal. In this surgery you will find 2 to 4 small scars on your abdomen, each scar will be around 0.5 to 1 cm long and they will be placed on different part of your abdomen, they are closed by stitches and they are covered by the dressing. Internally there will be stitches in the top of your vagina, the external abdominal stitches are usually removed 7 to 8 days after surgery, whereas, internal vaginal stitches are dissolvable and they dissolve on their own in few weeks. So in few days to few weeks after delivery, you may find the stitches to coming out of your vagina with vaginal discharge, so this is completely normal. Then immediately in the postoperative period, immediately after surgery, you will find a catheter or tube coming out of your urinary bladder this is put there to allow drainage of urine because you are unable to walk in first few hours after surgery. Usually, this tube or catheter is removed 24 hours after surgery. However, in some cases, it may be kept for more than 24 hours. So immediately you find a drip in your arm to provide you iv fluids since you are unable to take orally after your surgery. Once you are able to take then you will be allowed liquid diet initially followed by soft diet. Then we have a pack inside your vagina, pack is a long length of gauze, which is kept inside the vagina to reduce the chance of bleeding and if the bag is packed it is removed before your discharge, you will also have pain and discomfort in the lower part of your abdomen for few days for lying surgery you will require a painkiller medicine medication, initially injection and tablets to control this pain and you may also have a shoulder pain following the surgery. It is very common to have shoulder pain after laparoscopic surgery in this pain subsides on its own. To reduce the formation of blood clots you will be advised by the physiotherapist to move as early as possible and as much as possible following surgery. Even when you are resting you will be advised to do some exercises by the physiotherapist. Usual length of staying in hospital is 2 to 4 days, you are usefully admitted on the day of surgery and kept for around 48 hours after the surgery once you are discharged you may also notice some bleeding or spot through vagina this bleeding can be Red or brown in colour the small amount of bleeding is absolutely normal. It goes away in 1-2 week of time however I would like to tell you about some red flags signs for which you are supposed to consult your doctor these signs are high fever associated with gels or if you have burning sensation or changing sensation by passing urine which can indicate urine urinary tract infection if there is some redness or pain in the excessive pain in the skin around the stitches or it increases pain or distinction of abdomen or if there is Red Hot swollen leg which can indicate some blood clot formation so in the end I would like to say it is a very commonly performed procedure and it’s a quiet safe procedure. If we compare it by with open removal of the uterus in which a long cut is given on the abdomen to remove uterus the recovery is comparatively very smooth and very fast. So it is very well accepted procedure by the patient.
If you want to consult with me further you can contact me by Lybrate you can have a desk consultation or you can come to me at my clinic in Vijay Nagar North Delhi. Thank you.
Postpartum is the period after one's labour and delivery. Pregnancy and postpartum are a time when a woman's body changes to a great extent in order to first accommodate the baby and then go through labour and delivery. A vaginal delivery can have many implications when it comes to the postpartum. The same goes for a Caesarean Section or C Section as well. Let us find out what your postpartum care routine should include.
Vaginal Soreness: Deal with vaginal soreness with the help of stool softeners and pain relievers, as prescribed by your gynaecologist. You should also make hygiene a priority at this time. Use a wash cloth and warm water to clean the area every time you urinate. Also, you can use an ice pack if the wound is particularly painful.
Discharge: Vaginal discharge in the postpartum period is called lochia, and it usually carries on for a few weeks after the baby is born. You must use a sanitary napkin during this period and clean up regularly. If your bleeding or discharge is accompanied by fever, then you should contact your gynaecologist immediately.
C-Section Wound: In case there is redness and swelling in the wound, accompanied by symptoms like pain and foul smelling discharge from the vagina, you will need to get in touch with your doctor immediately so that he or she can check for possibility of infections.
Movement: After a C-Section, you will need to take as much rest as possible so that the wound heals properly. This includes avoiding making too many trips up and down the stairs as well. It would be a good idea to have a family member or partner around who can help as well. Gentle walks after a week or two are usually recommended for the body to come back to normal gradually.
Kegels: Do kegels or contracting exercises for the strength of the pelvic floor to return, especially after a vaginal delivery. This will help in alleviating pain and burning sensation during urination at this time.
Nutrition: Take special care to eat nutritious and home cooked food, especially if you are breast feeding. This will also help in the healing of the vaginal or C Section wound. Also, a high fibre diet will help in better bowel movements which will lessen the pain while visiting the bathroom.
Taking care of your body in postpartum is a matter of bringing it back to normal gradually even as you deal with the side effects of delivery. Ensure that you are in touch with your doctor.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
गर्भावस्था के शुरुआती लक्षण
अगर आपने अभी हाल हीं में बिना गर्भनिरोधक या बिना कन्डोम के सम्भोग किया है, तो आप गर्भवती हो सकती हैं. आपमें आने वाले कुछ बदलाव आपको यह बता देंगे कि गर्भ ठहरा है या नहीं. अगर आप अपनी इच्छा से गर्भवती हुई हैं, तो यह आपके लिए एक अच्छी खबर है. गर्भवती होने पर एक स्त्री के शरीर, मन और Mood में कई बदलाव आने लगते हैं. तो आइए जानते हैं क्या हैं, गर्भवती होने के लक्षण.
वैसे Period असमान्य अवस्था में भी बंद हो सकता है. लेकिन अगर आप पूरी तरह स्वस्थ्य हैं और आपका मासिक स्राव बंद हो गया है, तो यह आपके गर्भवती होने का एक लक्षण है.
- कुछ स्त्रियाँ जब गर्भवती हो जाती है, तो उनके स्तनों से दूध का रिसाव शुरू हो जाता है. स्तनों से दूध का रिसाव होना भी गर्भ ठहरने का एक लक्षण है. स्तन भारी हो जाते हैं, और साथ हीं थोड़े बड़े भी हो जाते हैं.
- गर्भ ठहरने पर निपल्स चौड़े और थोड़े बड़े हो जाते हैं. और स्तन भी बड़े होने लगते हैं. निपल्स का रंग गाढ़ा होने लगता है. स्तनों में सूजन महसूस होने लगता है, उन्हें हल्का सा भी दबाने पर दर्द होने लगता है.
- गर्भधारण करने के बाद गर्भावस्था के शुरूआती 3 महीनों में सेक्स करने की इच्छा बढ़ जाती है. इस दौरान सेक्स किया जा सकता है, लेकिन कुछ सावधानियों के साथ.
- खट्टे या चकदार चीजें खाने की बहुत ज्यादा इच्छा होना. हमेशा कुछ न कुछ खाने की इच्छा होना.
- गर्भवस्था के पहले तीन महीने में बार-बार पेशाब जाना भी, गर्भ ठहरने का एक लक्षण है.
- थोड़ा-बहुत काम करने पर भी बहुत ज्यादा थकान, या ज्यादा अनावश्यक चिड़चिड़ापन आना भी गर्भावस्था में एक सामान्य बात है.
- खानपान में बिना किसी बड़े बदलाव के उल्टी या बदहजमी होना भी गर्भ ठहरने का एक लक्षण है.
- गर्भाशय में ऐथन और पेट में उसी प्रकार की पीड़ा जैसा Periods के दौरान होता है. दर्द तो ठीक है, लेकिन योनी से अगर खून आए तो आपको डॉक्टर से जरुर मिलना चाहिए.
- Period में ज्यादा रक्त आना भी गर्भवती होने का लक्षण है.गर्भवस्था में आपको विशेष सावधानी बरतनी चाहिए. और कुछ खास चीजों का पालन करना चाहिए. और इस बात कि पूरी जानकारी जुटानी चाहिए कि आपके खानपान से लेकर आपके विचारों तक का आपने होने वाले बच्चे पर कैसा प्रभाव पड़ेगा.
Hello doctor, I used to masturbate from the age of 7 or 8 till now I am 16 and I am suffering from back pain, white discharge leakage from the age of 10, pimples on my face, some itching spots on my hole back and neck and I feel very very weak and ill. Now I stopped it since 15 days or a month and hair loss and my body parts stop growing. What to do now ?i want cure now please help me doctor.
My mother has got her operation done of uterus and now after 2 months also she sometimes start feeling cold or intense heat. What should be done?
The damp conditions in monsoon plays a host for many disease causing germs, which cause some serious health attacks like dengue, malaria, conjunctivitis, typhoid, viral fever, pneumonia, gastro intestinal disturbances, diarrhea and dysentery. If your immune system is weak you are supposed to catch these diseases instantly.
An estimate suggests that about 30% of the Indian population relies solely on the homeopathic treatment for their medical complications. People have witnessed incredible results with homeopathy. The best part of homeopathy is that there are no side effects associated with it, which makes it a much safer form of treatment.
Here are 5 reasons to switch to homeopathic medicine:
- There are no side effects: Homeopathic medicines are made from natural substances and so they are non-toxic and free from side effects. They are given to the patient in small doses and so, the healing approach is gentle and gradual. They can also be used by people of all ages and even those in delicate conditions like pregnancy, chronic diseases etc. Even if the wrong medicine is prescribed to the patient, it does not cause much harm to the body.
- The remedies are non-invasive: No homeopathic remedy involves surgical procedures or invasive techniques. So, there is absolutely no chance of infection or further complication. The medicines and therapies are also aimed at eliminating the root cause of the disorder instead of just providing temporary relief from the symptoms.
- It is an individualized form of treatment: A homeopathic practitioner evaluates the patient's overall health and discusses his problems and expectations before prescribing treatment. All the homeopathic remedies are made with the individual's specific climatic conditions, allergies, stress factors, food habits and lifestyle in mind. Homeopathy also optimizes the immune system and it is equally effective for physical and psychological disorders.
- Homeopathic medicines are easily accessible: Homeopathic remedies are available in most places as they are made directly from the abundant natural resources. There are also several alternatives to a medicine depending on the kind of plants and minerals found in a particular region. Moreover, the medicines do not have an expiration date and can be stored for a long period of time, if kept properly.
- Homeopathic medicines are not addictive: Once the disease is healed, the person can easily stop using the medicines since they have no addictive property. This is because the active ingredient is used in minute quantity in homeopathic medication. Hence, these remedies are also safe for infants, children, pregnant and breastfeeding women, aged people and people with addiction problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.