Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PatnakarYour feedback matters!
I have back pain from 4 months if I walk continuously for 20 minutes or even if I stand straight with my chest out and shoulders back for more than 10 minutes or if I climb stairs if I ride motorbike for more than 25 minutes per day or even if I climb stairs. Could you please give some suggestions to recover.
Aged 73 years, is a retired male living in Madurai, Tamilnadu. I am having the problem of passing urine.I am passing urine very little in day time and lot during nights. I have to getup every one and half or 2 hours. It disrups my sleep very much. I do not experience any pain whie pssing urine or otherwise.I will be glad to have your valuable adivise in this matter.
I have tonsils in my throat. Its possible to become cancer tissue? In winter weekly once I feel some pain my throat. I take salt nd warm water when I feel pain. Any possibilities to cure tonsils using home remedies or else?
What is the normal length range for a healthy penis? My penis is 10 cm in the time if erection. Is it normal or a small size?
Doc I want to ask something that I sex with a guy for most of the times it has been four years relationship but I am worried about my future because of the hiv is this any chance that I sex with this guy aur mujhe hiv hosakta Hai kya mujhe test karna chahiye for confirmation because I have hiv home test it's become negative 5,6 months before. Plzzzz suggest what we have to do for this.
I had got a big boil on my leg after shaving. The doctor had given me antibiotics. The wound healed. Maybe it was due to ingrown hair and staph infection. But there is a huge dark brown spot on my leg. How do I get rid of it?
How to get rid of irritation in eyes and frequent headache that comes without reason daily and increases while using computer.
List of 10 foods high in uric acid to avoid
1. Red meat: Red meat is one of the certain foods that deliver more uric acid than other foods in your diet. However, poultry and white meats, like pork are also high in the uric acid, so it is best to keep your intake of meats and wild meat to an overall minimum. If you’ve high uric acid levels or gout, you should avoid these meats or at least limit to 4 – 6 ounces per day. Instead, you can maintain a steady mix of fruits and vegetables to go with your meals and snacks.
2. Organ meats: Like white and red meat, organ meats also deliver a high amount of the uric acid. Though you can enjoy having onions or livers for dinner, it is best to cut down on this meal as well as other foods which include organ meats such as sweetbreads, tongue, tripe, and pate.
3. Seafood and fish: If you are a seafood lover, you will be really disappointed to know that seafood and fish are off limits during gout flare-ups because they are other main sources of the uric acid (purines) in your diet. Besides, herring, anchovies, tuna, sardines and other oily fishes should also cut back on your dinner table because they not only aggravate gout symptoms but also trigger one. However, when your gout can be under control, it’s ok to indulge in scallops, shrimp, lobster, crab salmon, or eel. You need to be sure that you do not eat more than 4 to 6 ounces per day of whatever kind of seafood and fish you choose to eat.
4. Beer and alcohol: In fact, beer is twice as bad for people with gout than seafood and meats. That is because it will raise the production of the uric acid levels in the body and make the body more difficult to remove the excess uric acid. Although alcohol does not have much harm compared with beer, it can still raise uric acid levels. Hence, most doctors always recommend avoiding all beer and alcohol if you suffer from gout.
5. Drinks high in sugar: You should not reach for both soda and fruit juice with fruit sugar. These drinks deliver high fructose corn syrup that will stimulate the production of uric acid. According to studies, women and men who consume a lot of fructose and take many drinks with fructose corn syrup will get a higher risk of having gout. Instead of sugary beverages, you can stick with water, coffee, tea or pure, fresh-squeezed juice.
6. Asparagus and spinach: In fact, animal products aren't the only foods which are high in uric acid.
Certain vegetables such as asparagus and spinach can also trigger a gout flare-up. However, they do not seem to cause much harm compared with animal-based foods. Uric acid from vegetables is also excreted from your body more easily than uric acid that comes from seafood and meats.
7. Cauliflower: Cauliflower is a bland vegetable and is rich in the uric acid. However, vegetables can help your body get rid of the uric acid and purines, so you need not cut them out of the diet completely. Besides, they also have nutrients that can reduce insulin resistance that plays an important role in controlling the gout flare-ups.
8. Beans, peas, and other legumes: Beans, peas, and other legumes also have good sources of uric acid, which can make them become poor food sources for people who have gout. According to world’s healthiest foods, peas have a moderately high amount of uric acid, which is 5 – 100 milligrams of uric acid per 3.5-ounce serving. However, when peas, spinach, and asparagus are eaten in raw form, they will cause less damage than in cooked form, as long as you consume a small portion.
9. Mushrooms: If you’re thinking of eating mushrooms as a replacement source for meat, you should think of something else. Actually, like legumes, mushrooms are considered to contain a moderately high amount of uric acid.
10. Oats: Though there has been some discussion about the exact amount of uric acid that oats contain, oatmeal and other foods which contain oats deliver a moderate amount of the uric acid. Most doctors recommend that those who suffer from gout should limit their consumption of oatmeal as well as other oat-based foods.
Although this list can seem discouraging if you suffer from gout, many of these above foods can still be consumed, provided, as long as you only take the small portions and only have them when you aren't having a gout flare-up. Besides, other foods such as coffee, tea, citrus fruits, foods rich in complex carbohydrates, and foods rich in dairy can really prevent gout flare-ups and therefore, are recommended for those who have gout.
If you want to know more about super foods or other vitamins and minerals go to our main super foods page. After reading the article of top ten foods high in uric acid, hope that it can help you identify uric acid-rich foods to avoid eating them for your good health. If you have any question, or you know other foods high in uric acid, please leave them below.