Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Partham PatelYour feedback matters!
Normally 1 year every time I do test . Please tell what medicine to take for vitamin - D . It came less in the test.
Hi I am a diabetic n under insulin control. Kindly let me know dat if I take 1 pc og garlic everymorning in empty stomach. Is it going to help me in solving my erection problem.
I am feeling slight pain in at the place of heart sometimes. Is that serious issue or it happens sometimes to everybody?
Dear doctor, I am from chandigarh, india is having diabetes type 2 and taking insulin novo mix ---30 45 units in the morning and 48 in the night say first before breakfast and another before dinner and tab blsto mf 2 500 gm 1 after breakfast and one after dinner? I fell numbness on my tongue and breathlessness / shortness of breath after injecting insulin why it is so? and my blood sugar fasting remains 125 ----145 when check on glucometer and 237 ----268 at evening before dinner please answer and advise please why numness /brathlesness after injecting insulin as told please.
I have white patches on tonsils and it's paining I also have fever ,swallow problem, I took azithromycin, coz I thought iit could be streptococcus infection. Please advise.
I have right hand pain and right side of headache. I have 8 month baby and I am breastfeeding mothers.
Dr, I am 21 years old. I have a relation with a girl. We had oral sex last time. After that I came to know that she had a past affair with a young man who also did oral sex with her. But not any other intercourse. He is addicted to drinks, pan masalas and lives a dirty life. So my doubt is that is there any chance for aids to me or my girlfriend. She said they had oral sex before 8 months and we had this before 3 months. Doctor please advice me. If there is a chance when we have to make a check up?
I drank whiskey bear wine day before yesterday. On that day Everything was fine till evening in the night in hangover I did vertical push-ups Yesterday day I had serious burning sensation some loose motion and then normal motion And then it is neither normal motion nor lose motion: Burning sensation is still there I am also not feeling hungry because of burning sensation Last night I couldn't sleep because of this.
Hi I am a 20 years old guy andmy question is yesterday I walk in the road and a used condom is throne in the road and I don't see it and suddenly I step into it .I think I have a cut in my toe .After 10 mins I touch my legs with my fingers where it touches the condom .And I also have a cut in my finger .Is now any disease spread to me like hiv or something else?
The word acute coronary syndrome refers to a group of symptoms that are caused by blockage of the blood flow to the heart muscles. The most common result of this is myocardial infarction or heart attack as it is popularly called. Reduced blood flow leads to death of some portion of the heart muscle wall. While the word heart attack sounds almost fatal, it need not be the case. Knowing how to identify an attack and being aware of some simple measures can help save lives.
The tell tale signs of a heart attack are as follows:
- Chest pain and discomfort usually described as a tightness or burning in the chest region
- Pain along the left side of the shoulder and neck, going up into the jaw, down to the arm
- Nausea and vomiting
- Profuse sweating
- Difficulty breathing
- Dizzy or fuzzy feeling
- Tired, extreme fatigue
- Anxious, apprehensive feeling
However, be also aware that there are a lot of people who experience a silent heart attack. Women, obese, elderly, and diabetic patients can have silent attacks and depending on severity, either they go on with life as usual or can have a fatal attack.
Once you are doubtful of a heart attack, the next step is to reach the closest medical facility for a diagnosis. In addition to a detailed examination and history, the following two tests will be performed.
- Electrocardiogram (ECG): A 12-lead ECG will measure electrical activity of the heart and identify irregular electrical activity, which is indicative of a myocardial infarction.
- Blood tests: Presence of certain enzymes in the blood, CK-MB and troponin are indicative of a heart attack. A complete electrolyte profile also will be done, and increase or decrease of some electrolytes is helpful in diagnosing a heart attack.
- In addition to these two, chest radiography, cardiac angiography, echocardiogram, stress test, and computed coronary tomography may also be required to confirm the diagnosis.
Once diagnosed, the first step would be to relieve the symptoms, negate the effects of reduced blood flow, and restore cardiac function.
- Dissolve the clot: Using thrombolytics like clopidogrel
- Nitroglycerin: To dilate the blood vessels and improve blood flow, especially to the heart muscles
- Anticoagulant therapy: Blood thinners are usually used to avoid blood clot formation; aspirin and heparin are the most commonly used agents.
- Drug therapy: Blood pressure maintaining drugs like beta blockers and/or angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors are also used
- Use of Statins: Statins are used to reduce the amount of cholesterol in the blood and stabilize plaque deposits.
In very severe cases, angioplasty and stenting or coronary bypass surgery may be required. Educating people on how to identify a heart attack and manage it is very useful and can help save lives.