Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Parasuram
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ParasuramYour feedback matters!
My son is 4 moths old. He have Bicuspid aortic valve. I need a clarification of that, Can he play games while going to school or any restrictionsfor this issue?
Parents are responsible not only for the birth of the child, but also for their well-being. For children, their parents are their first teachers, who inculcate in them the right manners, attitudes and habits. Consequently, you too must be careful in deciding what habits and manners you pass down to your children.
Some of the habits that you should teach your children are:
- Eating healthy food: Children always have the propensity to consume junks and avoid healthy food. It is the duty of the parents to correct this and teach their kids to eat healthy food. You must explain and elucidate the importance and nutritional value of eating healthy food. At the same time, the harm caused by the junk food must also be brought to their notice. You should introduce multiple fruits and green vegetables in the diet. Eating healthy food is a habit that reaps great benefits in the long run.
- Table manners: Children eating on their own generally create a mess. Therefore, you must teach your child the right table manners. When to use spoon or fork and what should be the etiquettes that must be observed while eating with a large group of people must be known to a child. You should begin to treat your child as a grown up as he or she sits at the table.
- Regular brushing of the teeth: The importance of teeth is most acutely felt with advanced age. Therefore, it is imperative that you teach your children to take good care of their teeth. You must educate your child about the necessity of good teeth and see to it that they brush daily and twice a day. Brushing in the morning as well as before going to sleep is equally important and the child must be aware of it.
- Early to bed: It is necessary for children to get adequate sleep. Therefore, you must make it a habit from the very start to put them to sleep early and see to it that that they get sufficient rest.
- Play outdoors: You must make it a habit for your children to play outside more often. Staying at home without any activity has serious repercussions like obesity and lethargy. Therefore, it is extremely important that children involve in sufficient physical activity.
Sir my daughter is 1 years 5 month old. Yesterday she was suffering from loose motion, vomit. What should i do?
My newborn boy baby 7 days old. Sometimes his breath is too strong and fast. I could feel his stomach go up and down fast and strong sometimes. Though its not continuous it happens often. Is this something I need to be worried about.
Can we give popcorn for 1 year old babies. Can I have best snack ideas for 12 months old boys. What should be the healthy weight for 12 months old boys.
My baby is 3.6 years but she is born this time the doctor saw her head is some small he tell me everything is fine no problem. But next two years suddenly I have look him she is mrigi patient I have consult doctor then I have two time brain mri and one time (what is the marks test? I loose my memories) the marks test is abnormal then I am treating now syrup EPIVAL consulted by doctor. But baby not speaking properly sentence by sentence and which time of this disease for end please
Skin Care Tips for Eczema Patients
As the ailment is chronic and of relapsing nature, persistence with proper skin care is a must. The patient and his care-takers should be educated about the disease triggers and measures to avoid them.
•Bathe less frequently: Patient should opt to bathe just two or three times a week with lukewarm water (avoid hot water) maximum for 5-10 minutes.
•Gently pat skin dry with a towel after bathing. Apply moisturizer immediately after bathing or swimming while the skin is still damp so as to seal in the moisture especially during winter.
•Avoid using soap. Restrict use of soap to genitals, axillae, hands and feet.
•Use of mild cleanser or moisturizing soap is recommended. Mild soaps clean without excessively removing natural oils.
•To retain the moisture after application of moisturizer patient could cover the area with a wrap or if hands are involved he can use gloves. This is not advised when steroidal applications are used as it increases the potential for developing their side-effects.
•Soaking the lesion in sodium bicarbonate or colloidal oatmeal to bath helps in reduce itching.
•By wearing gloves in the winter patient can prevent skin from being exposed to cold air with little humidity which can dry the skin.
•Regularly clip nails to prevent abrasion of skin while scratching. This reduces the chances of developing secondary infection.
•Avoid contact with allergens or irritants to the skin e.G. Wool, perfumes, detergents, etc.
•Children should be encouraged to drink plenty of water. Fluids help add moisture to the skin.
•Food substances that provoke allergies (allergens) should be avoided, e.G: Tomatoes which can be acidic.
•Tight-fitting, rough or scratchy clothing can irritate the skin. Wool and some synthetics are especially likely to irritate the skin. Wearing cotton and cotton blends are better choices.
•Scratching the skin rash: Patients often find it difficult to control this urge hence they should cover the affected area with a dressing or wear gloves at night to reduce damage to the skin caused by scratching accidentally during sleep.
•Avoid strenuous exercise during a flare-up as sweating can irritate the rash.
•Try and reduce mental and physical stress. Stress can trigger flare-ups. Older children and adults can learn breathing techniques and meditation to reduce stress.