Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Panduranga RaoYour feedback matters!
Im 20f. I want long thick hair. Wat can I do? Wat shampoo can I use. Many says all shampoos contain acids n sulphates. Wat to use actually?
Sir, my mother age 72 yrs, already she had suffered by bp & stroke. Now she have problem due to cholelithiasis, measuring 10 mm noted in gall bladder.
Hii doctors I have one critical problem When I am going to latrine that time bleeding come continually please sir tell me how can I stop this problem please sir.
I'm drinking mixture of a glass of luck warm water, 1 lemon juice, a little bit ginger since 1-2 weeks at every morning. Does it really beneficial to body for weight loss, Detoxification and improvement of digestion system?
I am 46 yrs old and suffering from acidity & light pain and irritation in the stomach. The symptoms are not at particular on place but it keeps moving. From last 4-5 yrs I have been treated for GERD. But not yet recovered. Kindly suggest.
I am 22 yrs old and I am a female, my problem is acidity. I face heart burning problem many times. Sometimes I feel constipation too. Whenever I took medications till then I am fine and after it my condition doesn't get improved.
Hi I Am 23 year old guy and I want to know about my health whichever food I m eating doesn't get digest properly or sometime I m feeling so weak and bECAUSE of this I am not able to do any work at a given time and I m feeling sleepy in the afternoon at office and one more thing which is related to my sexually life is I doesn't getting erected properly so what to do please tell me.
Hi. Fissure in anal. Struggling a lot. Please help me to cure. Not complete relief. Its blooding if stool is hard. I am drinking plenty of water. Not having many more foods that needs. Because too heal the fissure.
When I eat something like food I ate a small food but I feel my stomach are become full just like I eat big food. Please give m solution I cannot eat .too much.
The bladder is a hollow storage organ that collects urine from the kidneys and stores it until it can be passed out of the body through the urethra during the process of micturition or urination. It has a thin inner lining of cells called urothelial cells and a thick muscular wall, which exerts pressure to push the urine out of the body.
Causes of Bladder Tumors
In most cases, the bladder tumor develops on the inner layer due to a combination of some of the following factors.
1. Hereditary: A strong family history of cancer predisposes a person to cancer.
2. Gender: Men are 3 times more prone for bladder cancer than women.
3. Ethnicity: White people are more prone for bladder cancer black people.
4. Smoking: Smokers develop bladder cancer 2-6 times more frequently than non-smokers. cigarettes contain toxic, carcinogenic substances which reach the kidney and are stored in the bladder, leading to their damage.
5. Occupational hazards: Some workplaces have a higher likelihood of causing bladder cancers, especially dye and rubber industries. The effects can be damaging, and the person may develop cancers years after the exposure has happened.
6. Recurrent bladder infections: In some people, this can also lead to bladder cancer in the long run.
Types of Bladder Tumor
Depending on the extent of the cancerous spread, it can be of two types:
1. Non-muscle-invasive bladder tumors: The tumor spread is limited to the inner part of the bladder (urothelial cells)
2. Muscle-invasive bladder tumor: The tumor has spread to the thick muscular outer layer. This is more advanced and prognosis is poor compared to the noninvasive type.
The most common and diagnostic symptom of bladder cancer is the presence of blood in the urine, known as hematuria. This will be intermittent and happens whenever the tumor bleeding happens. Other symptoms include pain in the lower abdomen and frequent urination.
From the most noninvasive to the most invasive diagnostic test, these include:
1. Urine microscopy to detect cancer cells in the urine
2. Cystoscopy A tube inserted into the urethra to look into the inner wall of the bladder is highly diagnostic
3. Ultrasound, CT Scan, and biopsy can also be further used to identify severity of the tumor.
Once the tumor is diagnosed, treatment would depend on the severity of the tumor. For both invasive and noninvasive tumors, definitive therapy is surgery, known as transurethral resection of the bladder tumor (TURBT). The cancerous bladder tissue is removed through a cystoscope as done for diagnosis. The bladder is then flushed with chemotherapy agent to kill any residual cancer cells in the bladder. This is then followed by BCG vaccine, which is again done 1 to 4 weeks for several months to avoid recurrence. In some cases, radiotherapy may also be included.