Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pallavi ReddyYour feedback matters!
I have black spot in my face I tried several face cream to get relief from this but still now I am suffering with this problem so please help me to get relief from this problem.
I am 19 years old male I have some allergies in my chin for last two months what shall I do for that?
Suggested shampoos and hair building and hair density increasing stabilizers. Because I have more hair loss.
I have 3moles on my skin. It makes my face looking bad. Is there any mole removal cream? Please suggest me.
My age 20 I have moustache brown in colour and that is not dark and I don't have beard:(what could be a reason behind this all of my friends having the beard and moustache.
My baby boy is 4weeks old. Suggest some sops and body lotions. Coconut oil/almond oil/olive oil which one is better? control old soap is better than Santoor baby soap? Please give me some information.
What's the basic problem of hair falling in boys. My age is 21. And I m a medical student. So what should to do I.
Blacking of lips. What are the reasons for it and how to get pink lips soon. Please suggests some medicines too Thanks.
Used veet hair remover on under arm and legs and kept for 6 minutes but after using it a burning sensation is occurring specially in inner thai, cleaned with lot of water, but still same please help.
Hello, I was suffering with acne, and very dark spots on my skin from 7 years, after a long time my doctor suggested 'HH lite cream for the dark spots on my face. I'm using it from 1 and half year. There is great results for my face. My darks spots has been completely reduced. Face has become very fair. I would like to continue using it. Shall I continue? I found that if I stop using that cream my face gonna become very dark later. I'm afraid of it. I really want to continue? There won't be any problem? Or side effects?
For women, hair are not just fibres, but an expression of beauty, style, and personality. Losing your hair can really freak you out. Whether it's short-term or long-term, women lose hair the same way men do. It might thin all over, or your centre part could get wider and wider.
How Does Hair Grow?
Your scalp has about 1,00,000 hair. Each one has its own life cycle. A follicle produces a single hair that grows at a rate of half an inch per month. It stays for 2 to 6 years, then stops for about a month. When the next cycle starts up, that hair falls out. At any given time, most of your hair are in the growth phase.
How Much Hair Loss Is Normal?
Most people shed about 50-100 hair every day. But if it starts to fall out in clumps or if you notice it getting thinner over time, see a Dermato-Trichologist.
Major Hair Loss Triggers in women:
- Thyroid Problems: If the thyroid makes too much or too little thyroid hormone, you may develop progressive thinning of hair all over the scalp.
- PCOS: In polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), your body makes more male hormones, or androgen, than it should. This can cause the extra hair on your face and body while the hair on your head thins out.
- Childbirth: Hair seems fuller during pregnancy because high hormone levels keep resting hairs from falling out. But after the baby comes, things go back to normal and those strands will fall out quickly. You could lose a lot of hair at once.
- The Pill: The hormones that suppress ovulation can also thin out your hair. You can also lose hair when you stop taking the pill.
- Medicines: Drugs like blood thinners, methotrexate, cholesterol lowering medications, chemotherapeutic agents, anti-depressants etc. can cause hair loss and thinning.
- Crash Diets: You may lose more than weight with a fad diet. And if you lose weight more rapidly, you might also lose hair in a couple of months.
- Deficiency: A longstanding deficiency of Iron, Folic acid, and other nutrients can also trigger off hair loss and cause hair thinning.
- Tight Hairstyles: Wearing tight ponytails can irritate your scalp and cause hair to fall out. Long-term use of these styles can scar your scalp and lead to permanent hair loss.
- Cancer Treatment: Chemo and radiation therapy, can take a toll on your hair. In their quest to kill cancer cells, both can harm hair follicles and trigger dramatic hair loss.
- Extreme Stress e.g. a serious illness, major surgery, trauma involving blood loss, severe emotional disturbance etc., can cause you to suddenly shed huge amounts of hair.
Hope this gives you a fair idea about the possible reasons for losing your lovely hair. The good news is, there's often a way to fix it. You can consult me for if you are losing hair and need a solution for the same.