Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. PadmajaYour feedback matters!
I have much more headecks n eyespain from last one week. What should I do for this I use my specks regularly.
Hell. I'm ram I'm 26 yearly old. I hav e short sight problem. I want to clear the problem without glasses. Can I?
Actually I have a disease in my eye cratognos and I will be treatment in aiims C3R and after that my eyes will be proper fit or not.
During summer you try to take special care about the overall health of your body, particularly, your eyes. Eyes are one of the most important organs of the body, and the scorching summer heat can cause serious eye problems like conjunctivitis, infections, red eye, migraines etc., which is why it's important to take proper care of eyes during the summer season.
Here are some tips to keep your eyes cool and protected during the summer:
- Wearing sunglasses is very important when you are outdoors as it protects your eyes from the harmful UVA and UVB light. This will help in avoiding migraines and even serious conditions like cataract.
- Avoid midday sunshine. Stay indoors as much as possible during the middle of the day to avoid the sunshine then when the effect of the sun and ultraviolet radiation exposure are at their peak.
- When you plan to go for a swim, make sure you wear your swimming goggles. Otherwise you might catch conjunctivitis.
- You should not splash water into the eyes directly unless any foreign particles such as dust enter your eyes. This might damage the tear film of the eye, which protects your eyes.
- You need to maintain proper hygiene by washing your hands and face properly as soon as you reach home so that dust or grime does not enter the eyes as their entry can result in allergies and infections.
- You can keep a slice of cucumber on each of your eyes to relax and cool them down.
- 6 to 8 hours of sleep are a must as they help in revitalizing your eyes.
- Adding green vegetables, carrots, nuts, liver and fruits to your diet would be very beneficial for the health of your eyes.
I am 18 years old. I am suffered with blepharitis. Please suggest any useful and good advice to prevent it. Please I request you doctor.
I have a problem of flash in eyes. It seems like I have seen sun everytime. A light runs out over eyes. Whats the problem please suggest me.
My eyes r getting inflame, y I don't know what's the precaution to make it cool please help me, am a software engineer.
I have headache and pain in my eyes frequently. Is this because of study? What should I do in order to get rid of this constant pain.
I hav a eye redness problem. I used to apply I kul eye drop on a daily basis. But from last few days whenever I wake up my eyes are red since in the morning. I also feel irritation in my eye. Now I have to apply eye kul eye drop daily. What I have to do stop that redness?
How to take care of my eyes? I don't have specs now. But now I am studying mechanical engg. Hence I have to do continuous work in workshop. There I continuously cone in contact with sparks from grinding machine, sparks from welding machine. Now I realise that due to this work I am suffering from continuous headache problem. 1) So please tell me how to face this problem? 2) Is it possible that incomplete sleep is also a reason for headache? 3) Please suggest some food also so that to minimize my problem?
Hi, I am getting tried now a days when I am returning from office. What may be the reason. Let me know what I need to do.
Sir mujhe squint problem hai isko sahi karne k liye kitna kharch hoga surgery karate hain to kitna money ki zarurat hogi or agar koi gharelu ilaaz hair to aap mujhe bataye.
I have migraine for over 15 years. Nowadays I have severe pain in my head over and around eyes. Please help me.
My eyes are so much stressed because of using Mobiles and laptop sir. So is there any other alternative to reduce my eye pain or any medicine.
Hello Dr. I'm adarsh my eyes becoming week I'm putting my glasses but it's not improving wt I should do?
Styes are normally caused by a proliferation of natural bacterial flora within the eye. This causes an inflammatory reaction and is known to affect children more than adults. It resembles a pimple in exterior appearance and may grow both inside and outside of the eyelid. The symptoms of styes include redness, pain, swelling and tenderness. Though the styes do not lead to any kind of visual problems, they can cause significant discomfort.
What can cause styes?
Your eyelids have lots of tiny oil glands, which can become clogged by dead skin, dirt, or oil buildup. When a gland is blocked, bacteria can grow inside. This is what causes a stye to develop.
What are the symptoms of styes?
The most common symptom of styes includes swelling of the eyelid, redness, pain, tenderness, eyelid crusts and burning in the eye. It frequently leads to a yellowish-white discharge which becomes very uncomfortable and may also continue to drain out of the eye. Doctors recommend not to press or squeeze the styes as it may lead to further complications.
You should call your doctor if:
- The child`s eye is swollen shut
- He has a severe pain
- He has a high-grade fever
- Swelling lasts for more than 20 days
- Pus continues to drain from the eye
- His eyelid bleeds
- He has problems with his vision
Homeopathic medicines for sty are safe and effective with no side effects. They play a vital role in improving the health and immune levels of the body. The recurrence of any symptoms in a body can be prevented by homeopathic medicines. These medicines are easy and comfortable for all age groups as they taste sweeter and give quicker results.
Styes tend to dry out on its own although applying homeopathic medication can aid in hastening the process of healing.
- Amalki: This homeopathic medicine aids in repairing damaged tissue which in turn aids the stye infection to dry out. It is recommended to add a teaspoon of Amalki, which is available in most homeopathic outlets, into a glass of pure water. Then the mixture must be left on its own for the whole night for at least 10 to 12 hours. The mixture should then be filtered and used for washing the affected eye.
- Heper Sulphur: Heper sulphur aids in speeding up the rupture of styes so that the pain is instantly relieved. This remedy is particularly suited for the styes that cause significantly red and swollen. It also aids in reducing the tenderness and swelling. In the case of some children, styes tend to secrete a liquid discharge and are extremely painful. Heper sulphur along with warm compress can be extremely helpful in relieving the pain.
- Pulsatilla: Some styes do not cause any pain but cause significant swelling and secrete a yellowish discharge. People affected with such type of styes can be significantly benefited by the use of homeopathic remedy called pulsatilla. It has also been found useful in preventing reoccurrence of styes.
- Staphisagria: Staphisagria is for chronic or recurrent styes that appear mainly on the upper eyelid. The eyes are very dry and have rheum. The corner of the eye and the edges of the eyelids may be chapped and infected.
It is important to keep the eye clean and flush it with cold water. If the pain and related symptoms do not go away after 3 to 4 days, it is best to consult a doctor for further treatments.