Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PadmajaYour feedback matters!
Is adapalene gel is safe and effective for acne scars and pores. I am 18 years old boy. What is uses of klim klin facewash.
I have lot of hair fall. Using professional shampoo and even my hair due to damage. I have pimples on my scalp.
We all have different skin types. While some have dry skin, others have oily. So if you have oily skin, then here are 5 tips to keep in mind, to keep your skin oil free. Oily skin is usually a constant problem in every season since even after washing the face properly it becomes very oily after some time. And, if some cosmetic is applied, then also it makes no difference, the skin remains as oily as ever. Now dermatologists offer various solutions to this problem. Even though you might come across home remedies like the sugar and lime scrub or yogurt, turmeric paste, it is always better to seek professional help for oily skin.
There are mainly 5 skin types:
- Oily: This skin type has too much oil, which can be seen on the face even after cleaning it.
- Dry: The dry skin lacks essential moisture and looks very dry.
- Normal: The normal type of skin is neither dry, nor too oily and not too sensitive also.
- Sensitive: Sensitive type skin is very sensitive and is easily affected by weather changes or any other factor.
- Combination skin: Combination skin is, in which some parts of facial skin are dry and others are oily. Use non comedogenic and powder based cosmetics.
Here we are going to deal with the oily skin type and its treatment. Oily skin appears to be greasy and teenagers often face the problem of oily skin during their puberty. Oily skin can also be caused due to heredity, diet, hormone levels, cosmetics usage and humid or hot weather. According to dermatologists, diet plays an important role behind oily skin. Consuming oily or fried food or having too much oil in your diet can be the reason behind your oily skin. Weather can also make your skin oily. Humidity especially causes the oil to come out of the pores and give your face a greasy look.
Tips to treat oily skin:
- Use a gentle face wash or cleanser and reduce the use of toner: Use a gentle face wash to wash your face at least twice a day to reduce the oil levels. Also reduce the use of toner, and if you use toner then try using an alcohol free one.
- Keep yourself hydrated: Keeping yourself hydrated is very important as the face starts releasing oils if the skin is not hydrated properly.
- Try the home remedies carefully: You might not know the exact concentration of lemon in a sugar lemon scrub, as excess of lemon can cause allergic reactions. So apply home remedies with discretion.
- Use the cosmetics according to your skin type: Cosmetics are very important for a woman and if your skin is oily, it's better to choose non comedogenic and powder based cosmetics
- Consult a dermatologist for quick solution: We all know that a doctor knows the best cures to all our ailments, so try consulting a dermatologist for a quick solution to your problem of oily skin.
I have black spot on my face I have use Himalaya face wash at least for 2 month but not any change in my face what should can I do now.
I am a boy of age 14 I was white at my birth and childhood but now whenever I wash my face then I look good but after some time I get black again so, what should I do?
I have pimples on my face.I tried many ointnents like medisalic,azifast gel,clear gel.At start these ointments decease pimples but ar the same time there is another pimple.Also there are many scars,black heads on face.Moreover there pimples are little bit bigger and create itching.How can i get rid of these pimples forever and their scars.My face is very oily
Hi. I have some kind of skin allergy between my legs. It kind of fungal infection. That's what I think. It feels very irritating and I always want to itch it. Please suggest me the medicine. I don't want to visit a doctor.
In left leg their is stitches, we want to remove that for beauty of legs. What should i do for that?
I am 20 years old, and have bad hair fall from past 2 years, almost becoming bald. Please suggest me with home medicines.
I am 17 year old a.d I suffer hair falling for 2 years itching also there and my hair become white this time I have very less amount of hair so please suggest me by which I prevent my hair loss and regrow hair dense on my head please help.
I have been using anti-acne cream called EPIDUO from Gelderma over last 2 months and getting good control on my acne. How long shd I continue?
Sir I have hair fall problem and dry and dandruff scalp. While I wash my hair daily with dettol shop and use zaborandi hair oil. But moreover I m unable to stop my hair loss problem. Sir please give me advise what should I do to stop my hair fall problem?
• Avoid rubbing your eyes too much or too often as it causes the blood vessels to dilate, thus making the under eye circles appear darker.
• Remove your make-up before going to sleep or else it may irritate your eyes.
• Limit sun exposure.
• Drink plenty of water throughout the day to get rid of water retention that could be causing the problem.
• To avoid eye bags caused by pooling of fluids in your lower eyelids, elevate your head by adding two or more pillows under your head before going to sleep.
• Pay attention to your diet and eat foods rich in vitamins A, C and E.
• Stop smoking and restrict alcohol and caffeine consumption; smoking damages skin cells, and alcohol and caffeine contribute to dehydration which in turn weakens the delicate skin around the eyes
Hello, I am 24 years old male guy, I am loosing my hair. I had a minute headache also. what should i do ? please advice
1. Physical stress
Any kind of physical trauma—surgery, a car accident, or a severe illness, even the flu—can cause temporary hair loss. This can trigger a type of hair loss called telogen effluvium. Hair has a programmed life cycle: a growth phase, rest phase and shedding phase. When you have a really stressful event, it can shock the hair cycle, (pushing) more hair into the shedding phase. Hair loss often becomes noticeable three-to-six months after the trauma.
Pregnancy is one example of the type of physical stress that can cause hair loss (that and hormones). Pregnancy-related hair loss is seen more commonly after your baby has been delivered rather than actually during pregnancy.
3. Too much vitamin A
Overdoing vitamin A-containing supplements or medications can trigger hair loss,
4. Lack of protein
5. Male Pattern Baldness
About two out of three men experience hair loss by age 60, and most of the time it's due to male pattern baldness. This type of hair loss, caused by a combo of genes and male sex hormones, usually follows a classic pattern in which the hair recedes at the temples, leaving an M-shaped hairline.
Female-pattern hair loss, called androgenic or androgenetic alopecia, is basically the female version of male pattern baldness.If you come from a family where women started to have hair loss at a certain age, then you might be more prone to it. Unlike men, women don't tend to have a receding hairline, instead their part may widen and they may have noticeable thinning of hair.
7. Female hormones
Just as pregnancy hormone changes can cause hair loss, so can switching or going off birth-control pills. This can also cause telogen effluvium, and it may be more likely if you have a family history of hair loss. The change in the hormonal balance that occurs at menopause may also have the same result.
8. Emotional stress
Emotional stress is less likely to cause hair loss than physical stress, but it can happen, for instance, in the case of divorce, after the death of a loved one, or while caring for an aging parent. More often, though, emotional stress won't actually precipitate the hair loss. It will exacerbate a problem that's already there.
Almost one in 10 women aged 20 through 49 suffers from anemia due to an iron deficiency (the most common type of anemia), which is an easily fixable cause of hair loss.