Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. P.Venkata SushmaYour feedback matters!
Hi, currently I am getting treated for tb but I have also got nodule of 2.8 * 2.9c in my left breast which we came to know after ct scan. My chest specialist is saying wait complete the tb treatment and then go for breast nodule but I scared whether it not some serious. Which doctor I need consult for breast? I mean surgeon or gynecologist?
Cervical cancer is a kind of cancer that develops in the cervix of a woman. Cervix an an area between the uterus and vagina. It is preventable if diagnosed in early stages. Going for regular pap tests and taking a HPV vaccine can significantly lower the risk of cervical cancer. These symptoms include abnormal bleeding between menstrual periods, low back and lower abdominal pain, postcoital bleeding and strange smelling discharge. If not diagnosed in time, it can be life-threatening and requires intense treatment.
- Prevention of cervical cancer: There is usually no certain way of preventing cervical cancer, but by following a number of practices there is a possibility that you can prevent it. There are 3 major ways of prevention of cervical cancer, which include the following:
- Safe sex: Major cases of cervical cancer are caused due to an infection by a virus known as human papillomavirus or HPV. This virus is usually transmitted by sexual means and having unprotected sex might leave you at the risk of getting infected by this virus during the sexual intercourse. You should practice safe sex using protection such as condoms. This reduces your chances of being infected by the virus. This virus is transmitted via all types of sexual contact, which includes skin contact between the genitals. People who have unprotected sex with multiple sexual partners are at an increased risk of getting cervical cancer due to the HPV virus.
- Cervical screening and vaccination: Having a cervical screening or pap smear test on a regular basis is an efficient way to detect abnormal changes in the cervix cells, at a very early stage. Even if you are being vaccinated for the HPV virus, cervical screening is essential as the vaccines against HPV virus are not always successful in providing protection from cervical cancer. If you had been previously treated for abnormal changes in the cervix cells, you should undertake more frequent screening tests. The regularity of undergoing cervical screening depends on the severity of the cell change. You should report any symptom you experience in spite of having regular cervical screening. Several vaccines are used for protection from HPV infections.
- Avoid smoking: You can prevent the chances of having cervical cancer by giving up smoking. In case of smokers, it is more difficult to eliminate the HPV infection from the body, and the chances of cervical cancer get enhanced. You can undertake various measures in order to quit smoking and prescribed medicines can be used to treat withdrawal symptoms.
Cervical cancer causes great strain on the body and it may spread all over the pelvic region. In some cases, distant tissues are also affected by cervical cancer. You should consult a doctor immediately after experiencing any symptom of cervical cancer. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
My father is 74 years old, diagnosed with Prostate cancer (life changed after biopsy) Hi, My father is 74 years old and was doing great and very healthy. With frequent urination issue, we went and found that prostate was enlarged and they suggested to biopsy though his PSA was not so high (7ng/ml). Post biopsy (which was anyways negative/benign for prostate cancer), everything got changed,
Ovarian cancer is the most common cancer to affect the female reproductive system. The exact cause of ovarian cancer is not yet known and the risk factors involved are numerous, the most prevalent of which are genetic defects and hereditary problems.
The symptoms of ovarian cancer are not always clear and range from pelvic and abdominal pains to irregularities in the menstrual cycle. Women beyond the age of 50 are most at risk of developing this type of cancer and the risk factor increases in case of family history.
Prevention of Ovarian Cancer
There is no sure shot way of preventing ovarian cancer. Some factors such as genetics cannot be controlled at all. There are, however, ways to take precaution against it through some simple lifestyle choices. A few of those ways are as follows:
• Eat a healthy balanced diet which is rich in all the nutrients, vitamins and minerals that the body requires for boosting and maintaining immunity.
• Exercise regularly and stay active. Maintaining fitness is an important aspect of preventing the onset of all sorts of diseases and disorders.
• Go for frequent health checkups and make regular consultations with your gynaecologist so as to ensure early detection of the problem.
Another notable way of avoiding ovarian cancer is taking birth control pills which are known to reduce the risk levels. However, studies have shown that there are other health risks associated with taking birth control pills and hence you should always consult a gynaecologist for a proper prescription.
I have got a lump in my breast should I remove it or will it gradually go. I is been there for three years?
Dono breast me ghaat haiCheck up bhi karwaya Lekin cancer ka koi symptoms nahi hai Lekin iss bimaari se bahar kaise nikale Dawai humlog afford nahi kar sakte bahut mahangi hai Koi home treatment ya cheaper medicine.
Is there any vaccines for cancer? My father was expired due to gallbladder cancer. So I want know the vaccines if there. Any one please tell me how we can avoid cancer.
Sir, I got buckle cancer and got operation and radiation, after radiation I am not able to open the mouth. Even one finger is also not going, I have shown other oncology he say they is symptoms in tones even uncle in lips also. What to do I am not able to open the mouth to see my self. Can I go for biopsy. And how can I open the mouth. Please help me.
I have bilateral axillary lymphadenopathy .In Usg the breast are normal and few axillary lymph nodes are reactive largest on the right side 2.06 cm×1.04 cm and largest on the left side is 2.05 cm×0.77 cm.I am only 22 years old and have no family history of breast cancer. Please help.
A 62 year old Patient is diagnosed with prostate cancer affecting backbone and hip bone, what will be the line of treatment if patient doesn't want to have biopsy done.
My mother is 51 years old and still has her periods and this time the flow was too much and she had stomach pain also. Sonography reports say that the uterus is bulky. Doctor had advised for paps smear test. Can it be cancer also. I am worried. Please suggest your thoughts.
My dad has detected a carcinoma esophagus now we taking a treatment in Mumbai Hinduja hospital. 3 chemo are completed doctor said no any spreading in body. So please tell me any suggestions.
I' smoke 15 cigarettes regularly is there any harm to my health? Because many people are saying it that it will cause you cancer and you should quit smoking. So wat to do?
The study shows the test which monitors the blood levels of dna fragments from dead cancer cells helps in tracking the severity and potential spread of the skin cancer
I am suffering from BP, SUGAR AND PROSTRATE PROBLEM ALONGWITH JOINT PROBLEMS IS THEREBINATION OF SIMPLE medicine SINCE IN allopathy I AM TAKING 10 TABLETS IN A DAY.
The lungs are amongst the hardest working organs in the body. They expand and contract upto 20 times a minute to supply oxygen which is distributed to tissues all across the body and expel carbon di oxide which is created through out the body. Cancer in the lungs is common and people who smoke are at the highest risk of contracting lung cancer. The risk of lung cancer increases with the duration of smoking period and the number of cigarettes smoked. The silver lining through is that if one quits this habit even after several years, one can significantly reduce the chances of developing lung cancer. A new cough persisting for many weeks, coughing blood even small amounts, shortness of breath, chest pain, wheezing, hoarseness, unexpected weight loss, bone pain and headache were some of the symptoms in advanced stage of the disease.
I am using susten gel 8.0. Today I am in 29 th day. Feel pain in breast when I touch it. So it could be a sign of?
If a patient is in the last stage of cancer, is there any chance that he cam survive and recover back?
Thyroid cancer affects the thyroid glands, which are located at the base of the throat. These glands produce thyroid hormones, which help in controlling the blood pressure, heart rate, weight and the body temperature.
Thyroid cancer is primarily of four types:
- Anaplastic carcinoma: This is the most severe type of thyroid cancer which is rare, but spreads extremely fast once the person is affected:
- Follicular carcinoma: This type of thyroid cancer can be cured, but it might relapse. Follicular cancer spreads quickly as well.
- Papillary carcinoma: This type of cancer is more common. It generally affects women who are still of reproductive age. The spread of papillary cancer is gradual and it is less dangerous than the types.
- Medullary carcinoma: This type occurs in the non thyroid cells in the thyroid gland. Medullary cancer is hereditary in nature.
Thyroid cancer has the following signs and symptoms:
- Lumps in the anterior neck, close to the Adam's apple.
- Enlarged glands in the neck
- Swallowing difficulties
- Complications in breathing
- Neck or throat pain
- Persistent cough without any signs of a cold.
In Ayurveda, cancer is seen as a hindrance to the life force. The cancer cells lack prana (oxygen) and produce a growth beyond the life force. It is the result of the dominance of any of the three: 'vata', 'kapha' or 'pitta' in the body. Ayurveda is all about balancing the energies in the body. Polluted environment, processed food loaded with preservatives and salts, and certain other factors can greatly affect the 'vata', 'kapha' and 'pitta'. Thyroid is the result of an aberration in the "kapha" dosha in the body.
The endocrine system produces hormones, which help in the overall functioning of the body. The 'kapha' dosha holds the endocrine system together. The thyroid glands are an important part of the body; they are a major endocrine system. Herbs that can help with thyroid cancer:
- Black pepper
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.