Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Avoid chewy candy in your diet as they tend to stick to your enamel for a longer time localizing the sugars there.
Any food in moderation is good. So even an occasional candy is good for your teeth!
Dr Jayanthi N
Many people worry about bad breath, either their own or someone else’s. The advertising media have made much of the social stigma arising from ‘offensive breath’ to their own advantage. Bad breath or halitosis may indicate a dental problem, but this may not always be the case.
The odour may be caused by factors in the mouth or by changes occurring in other parts of the body.
· Decaying food particles on or between the teeth
· A coated tongue covered by growing microorganism.
· Unclean dentures
· Smell of tobacco
· Gum diseases with pus production involved
· Healing wounds after a surgery or extraction
Causes arising away from the mouth:
· Head cold with infected nasal air passages
· Acute inflammation of air spaces present within the facial
bones (often filled with a great deal of pus )
· Many waste products are broken down from food and drink
are excreted through the lungs and this applies to alcoholic
drinks as well as pungent foods like onion, garlic etc.
· Diabetes in which the patient has a sweet acetone breath.
Bad breath is not a disease; it is rather a symptom,
visit your dentist every six months
I have sialolith stone beneath my tongue. It is from 6 months. I do not want to have surgery. Are there any other alternatives?
What is the antibiotic for teeth gum swelling? My teeth gum starts swelling and I get severe pain in my teeth.
Smile designing or smile makeover is the cosmetic process of improving the appearance of one’s smile. Since smile is the most commonly used way to communicate non-verbally, it is of utmost importance to have a winning smile that exudes confidence; this cosmetic procedure helps give you just that. Many people don’t have good smile, they might be too conscious about their teeth or worry about the fine lines on their faces. Smile designing helps one to alter their as per what they desire.
Techniques used by a cosmetic dentist to enhance or correct their patient’s smile:
1. Whitening: This procedure is used for people who have yellow or discolored teeth. The cosmetic dentist makes a chemical mixture containing peroxide and then the concoction is applied on the teeth for the discoloration to fade away. 2 to 3 sittings can give you satisfactory results.
2. Bonding: This procedure is performed on people who want to fix teeth that are broken or chipped. The dentist usually applies an acrylic material on the tooth that can be shaped and contoured to fit perfectly on the chipped tooth.
3. Enamel shaping: The dentist removes very little amount of enamel (tooth’s outer layer) to re-shape the tooth, if excess enamel makes the smile look uneven and odd.
4. Crowns and bridgework: This procedure replaces any missing tooth. Prosthetic tooth or teeth are made to help match your real teeth so that it doesn’t look superficial or out of place.
5. Gum contouring: You might also have uneven gums, which don’t complement your face and teeth. In such a case, gum contouring shapes your gums to help you achieve that perfect smile.
6. Veneers: The frontal portion of the teeth is fixed by applying a thin layer of porcelain like material on it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My teeth is yellow. Even I brush 2 times and cleaning of teeth in 6 months but again yellowish. Suggest.
I m 19 years old. And I m suffering from hair losses and shanking of teeth. My hair become a thin and weak. Every time when I comb or rub finger in head, hair fall occur. Suggest me what I should do? Suggest shampoo to prevent hair loss. I also have gum problems. My teeth are shaking and blood leaked from gum. About a 1 one year ago I suddenly loss my weight to 10 kgs. Is it reasons for this kind of problems? If yes what I should have to do? Sorry for bad English.
I am a 18 years male. But I have tooth problems. When I am brush mouth has been bleeding. What should I do.
Dentures can be fixed or removable (partial or complete). For best appearance and proper functioning, these need to be cared for as listed below.
Removable dentures, whether partial or complete, do the following with your removable dentures.
1. Remove and rinse dentures after eating: Take out your dentures and wash it under running water to remove food debris.
2. Handle with care: Especially if your denture has clasps, be sure to not bend them as it may alter the fit. While removing and wearing it, be careful to not drop it, the denture can break.
3. Mouth rinse: Rinse your mouth each time after you remove the denture and before each time you put them back in.
4. Brushing: Use a soft-bristled brush for regular cleaning of teeth and tongue. If no teeth are present, use a soft gauze pad and plain finger massage to clean the gum line and bone on which the denture sits.
5. Soak dentures: When not in the mouth, always place your dentures in a bowl of water. Solution for soaking dentures are available, to be used for overnight denture soaking. When left in open air, the material used to make the denture is affected and may not fit properly over a period of time. Rinse them thoroughly before putting it back in the mouth.
6. Clean your dentures: Rinse the dentures at least twice daily. This will help remove food and plaque.
7. Denture adhesive: When using a denture adhesive, extra cleaning around the area that fits into the gum and bone should be done.
8. Regular dental visits: Visit your dentist regularly to ensure that dentures are fitting properly, functioning as expected and the other parts of the mouth are constantly checked for general health. Ill-fitting dentures can lead to irritation, sores and infection and so should be immediately attended to.
Some things to avoid if you are a denture user are as follows:
1. Soaking the denture in hot water: The denture material can get warped when it is soaked in hot water and have spots on it, which impacts the looks of it.
2. Hard toothbrushes: Always use a soft toothbrush
3. Toothpastes with whitening agents: In most cases, the denture cleanser and normal water and sufficient to clean dentures with a soft brush.
4. Fixed dentures: These are easier to manage than the removable ones. However, periodic visits to the dentist for regular check up is a must. A visit every 6 months is ideal to maintain proper oral hygiene. In addition, regular brushing, flossing, and rinsing are to be continued.