Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. P.V. RatnakarYour feedback matters!
My baby is 2 months and 18 days old. He doesn't sleep whole night. He sleeps next day till 4 am. How to change his routine. I feel so tired. I am working woman please suggest.
My sister's baby got aborted at 5 month because of lethal cardiac anomaly. Baby had large vsd ,ventricular hypoplasia, pulmonary atresia, common trunk and overriding. She is fearing is it because of them (parents. Is their any factor in the parents that effects even the next baby? Will it affect in the future?
Teaching children how to get their personal needs met and to help around the house is an important and integral part of growing up. It helps them to become independent and also help others. They learn to appreciate dignity of work and cooperation, responsibility contribution and collaboration with co workers and spouses as they become adults. These tasks are as much for boys as for girls. The chores suggested below are a rough guideline of age appropriate jobs for children. Keep in mind that kids are different both developmentally and physically. Some children may be able to do more than others. So here goes:
2-4 year olds: help make bed, put away toys, fetch diapers and plastic bottles, put dirty clothes in bucket, help feed the pets. All tasks would need adult supervision.
4-7 year olds: set the table, help with bed making, watering the plants, feeding pets, start putting on own clothes, bathing, clean up messes, put away toys, put away clothes, carry light bags. Adult supervision would be required as child is learning new skills.
8-10 year olds: water plants, make bed, clean up room, clear the table, do small dishes, do small dusting around the house, cooking basic food like eggs, maggi, milk, keep the garbage out, fold clothes, basic sweeping and swabbing of the floor. Please note that adult supervision would be needed for new tasks.
11 year olds and older children: clean bathroom, clean kitchen, cooking simple to complex dishes, wash dishes, wash clothes, dusting.
If you liked what you read, please share it with others and you can also have a private chat with me if you have any questions about your child.
How many hairs do we lose per day? Do we lose more hairs in a day when we get older? I am losing my eyebrow hair. What is happening to me? If my hand snags gently a hair will come out. Is that damaging? If you have any information on childhood alopecia, please let me know. I had a baby 7 months ago and ever since my hair has been falling out in clumps. I have sever hair fall after pregnancy. How can I make my hair look better?
Is it normal for young children to stop taking or needing naps? My 3½-year-old hasn’t taken a nap in quite a while, but seems to do OK.
My baby is 3 months old I was feeding him breast milk plus formula milk as milk supply is less. My problem is now he is not at all sucking me.
My child is 21 months. He hasn't immune. Often gets cold fever runny nose. Sneezing.wet cough. I gv him prescribed medicines. By doctors. Bt. I don't get any result. please suggest me am strong medicine.
My baby completed 11 months and his weight is 9.7 kg. Since 5 days he is passing motion like watery and paste form but only once a day. He vomited everything. We have visited local doctor he prescribed ofloxacin solution. And ORS. Vomit has stopped now but he is not eating anything except cerelac. Motion is still watery. Please suggest can I give formula and cerelac? Please help.
Sir, My son is 9 years old. His weight is 34 kg. He is suffering from fever since last 5 days. I am giving cefpodoxime 100 twice a day Since Sunday night but till 99 to 100 degree temperature comes at night. So now what will we do. Please reply.
Hi Doctor normally my 7 months old baby pop 2 to 3 times per day. But nowadays it is nearly 10 times. Suggest me what your do.
My baby is 2 months old and has a swollen navel it is not painful nor sensitive is there any thing to worry.
Why it's important that your child's diet is calcium-rich
Calcium is an inevitable part of your child's diet. You cannot afford to skip it if you wish to maintain a healthy lifestyle for your child. It is recommended that children between the ages of 9 and 18 should get approximately 1300 milligrams of calcium every day. Calcium-rich diet is important for your child for a number of reasons.
- Calcium helps in building strong bones and teeth for your child.
- It is important in order to ensure proper functioning of your child's muscles and nerves.
- Calcium plays a vital role in the release of such hormones and enzymes in your child's body that convert the food he eats into energy.
- It is also helpful in causing the blood to clot whenever your child gets bruised.
- Since your child is continuously growing, a calcium-rich diet ensures an adequate supply of resources that help him to develop new bones that are healthy and strong.
- A calcium-rich diet is also essential as far as other bodily functions like muscle contraction, blood vessel constriction and relaxation are concerned.
What does lack of a calcium do to your child's body?
- Lack of calcium can cause bone diseases like osteoporosis in your girl child, thus exposing her to a greater risk of weakened bones and possibility of fractures.
- If your child is a young kid and his diet lacks calcium or vitamin d, which absorbs calcium, he is exposed to the threats of the bone-softening disease called rickets. It can cause in him bowing of the legs, muscle pain and poor growth.
- Bones are living tissues that change constantly, old bones keep getting replaced by newer ones and a calcium-rich diet aids this procedure. Therefore without an adequate supply of calcium, this process would borrow minerals from existing bones, thus weakening them and exposing them to increased risks of fracture.
- Lack of calcium also increases risks of cardiovascular diseases, damaged gums, high blood pressure, ovarian and breast cancer and several other infirmities in your child in his later years.