Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. P. SureshYour feedback matters!
My age is 22 years. I have been smoking from 2 years. If I stop smoking right now, what are things that I need to do in order to live a healthy normal life? is cancer avoidable even after 2 yrs of smoking?
I'm 17 and this is not a fraud question. My nipples become stiff and erect when they are squeezed or felt cold. This make me hard to wear thin cloths as they can be seen. How can I remove this erectness of my nipples Please.
Sir i m suffering from prostatic problem since 2010.Prostate size was 77 gms in 2010.It got reduced to 35 gms in 2012 after taking flotral D combo for 1 year.Since 2012 i am having flotral 10 tab (one tab in night) daily & been advised to continue till death.Sir tell me am i being treated in correct way?
What are the symptoms of cancer? And how can they get out of this problem is it a very dangerous disease whether there is a satisfactory treatment or not.
Since some time I have been feeling a pain just below my left breast. It comes and it goes then I feel it again once in a time. I have gone to many doctors, they have checked my breast manually to find any lump, I have done ecg, ecography but they found nothing. I have done done blood tests where it shows that I'm suffering from osteoporosis. But still I feel the pain, so please advice me what next step should I take.
Hi its my hubby's niece she is 4 years old has lymphoma, one cancer tumor frm brain was operated already another one grew for which a new magnetic treatment was given, now she has another hodgkin at her throat part which is suppressing her food and wind pipe. How to proceed.
What could be the reason for an enlarged prostate and can I continue to live a healthy life with it and have kids?
Gutka khane k karan mera muh nahi khulraha. Mughe dar hai k mughe cancer hua hi. Muh me chale wagaira kuch b nahi hi. Iska ilaj batayein?
I am 66 years young. I have enlarged prostate gland. I am taking uromax-d daily od for the last four years. Please Advise me whether I should continue d same or take something else.
Hello. My dad is suffering from Gallbladder Cancer which is on last stage. He is not been able to eat anything. He is very weak and only taking liquids. Digestion power is very low. Whatever he take just vomit after sometime. Can you please suggest what should we do? I am week financially. Please help me. I can't see him like this.
Small non enhancing cyst in the left lobe of liver. Tiny calcific foci right lobe of liver. Gall bladder sludge. Prostatomegaly.
Skin is a very vital organ of your body as it protects your body from external injuries and also helps in regulating your body temperature. The gradual development of cancer cells on your skin region is known as skin cancer. Skin cancer is a very common disease that is affecting people worldwide. Many causes are responsible for skin cancer.
Some of them are stated as follows:
- Overexposure to sun rays. The Ultraviolet rays can cause serious damage to your skin that can lead to cancer.
- Sun burns may also result in the development of cancer cells
- Frequent exposure to toxic chemical substance can also trigger skin cancer.
- A frail immune system may also contribute to skin cancer.
- Certain scars on your skin, if left untreated, may become cancerous and eventually lead to skin cancer.
- Consuming unhealthy foods and being unhygienic may also lead to skin cancers.
Skin cancer may develop all over your body or on any particular region of your skin. It can spread to other parts of your body rapidly. The symptoms of skin cancer depend on the type of your cancer.
Some of the common symptoms of skin cancer are as follows:
- A sore on your skin that cannot be healed
- Swelling of your skin
- You may also get an itching sensation frequently
- Appearance of bumps
- Bleeding of the affected areas
- Appearance of reddish spots
- A bleeding mole
Skin cancer is absolutely curable if treated at an early stage. Ayurveda offers effective remedies for treating skin cancer.
They are mentioned below:
- Panchakarma therapy is the most effective treatment for healing skin cancer. It involves purification and removal of harmful toxins from your body through its 5 constituent therapeutic treatments namely, Vamana, Virechana, Nasya, Basti and Raktamokshana.
- Drinking green tea can be very helpful. It is known to have anti cancerous properties which help prevent and combat this killer.
- Including more of citrus food in your diet such as lemons, oranges; excluding oily, fried foods and cutting down on higher quantities of sugar can prove to be beneficial.
- Applying turmeric paste on the affected areas may help you to guard against skin cancer.
You must not ignore skin cancer and seek advice from a doctor as early as possible since the process of metastasis (spreading of cancer cells to different spots of your body) is very rapid in this case.
I am 18 year old and I want to know the symptoms of cancer so can you tell me please. It will be a big thanks from my side.
Hello Dr, I have armpit lump as well as breast lumps. Armpit lump is developed few days before. And breast lumps is there from last 3-4 years in my knowledge. I recently had a baby 3 months before via c section. Is there anything to be worry about?
Hi I am bhanu age 22 if we scan total body. Is cancer is there are not because my dad and dad brother died due to cancer if reports are negative in life cancer will come again ah or not.
I am giving Dabur Real packed juices to my Father suffering from tongue cancer. Is it good. Because in this season we can't get the juice of grapes and some other fruits. Is this packed juice has the same benefit as natural juice.
A breast examination is a way of detecting early changes that may find lumps of other growth in the breast. This is a manual form of examination that may be carried out by the doctor or even by the patient. This kind of examination helps in detecting the onset of breast cancer and helps in successful treatment of the same. It is an essential screening strategy that all women must go through. Let us cast a glance on the various details regarding this examination, and also how frequently it must be conducted.
- Age: Women who have reached the age of 18 are said to have matured physically and sexually. They should perform this examination once they have reached the said age in order to detect any anomalies in the way the physical changes occur in the breast tissue.
- Procedure: One should begin by looking at one's reflection in the mirror to find any rashes or dimpling in the breasts. The shape, size and colour of the breasts and nipples must also be studied so as to check for any anomalies. Inverted nipples, redness and soreness must also be reported to the doctor. Once you are done checking the visuals, you can raise your arms and look for any changes. Then, you will need to lie down and feel your breasts by using a circular motion. The finger pads must be used in order to check for any lumps. One must start from the centre and move the breasts sideways. Any wet and slippery feeling must be reported to the doctor immediately.
- Pressure: During the breast examination, you must use light pressure for the skin and tissue that lie beneath the breasts, while medium to moderate pressure should be used for the middle portion of the breasts. One must use a firm hand to check the tissue that lies at the back of the breasts, near the rib cage.
- Frequency: One must get into the habit of conducting a breast examination at least once a fortnight or once a month, without fail. You can also go to the gynaecologist for an examination in case you are not confident of conducting it on your own with proper movements and accuracy. You may also journalise your breast examination findings.
- Menstrual Cycles: When you are going through your menstrual cycle or period, it is important to remember that your breasts can become tender just before or after the start of the cycle. So, do not panic if you think you have found a lump or any other growth at this time. It is best to check again after a week and then visit the doctor about checking the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
1) vitamin c rich foods
Citrus fruits, guava, amla, tomato, green leafy vegetables all of them are high in vitamin c. This element prevents the formation of cancer-causing nitrogen compounds.
Berries top the charts when it comes to cancer fighting foods. Pterostilbene, an antioxidant found in berries is a storehouse of cancer fighting properties
3) sweet potatoes
Sweet potato is full of beta carotene. Studies have revealed that consumption of high beta carotene foods like yellow, red, green colored fruits and veggies reduce the risk of various cancers.
Omega 3 fatty acids prevents the growth of cancer by preventing the growth of cancer cells and interrupting the growth of cancerous tumor. Omega-3 fatty acids also help reduce inflammation. Along with fatty fish, one can also include a tbsp of flaxseed in your daily diet.
Curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric, acts as both an anti-inflammatory and an antioxidant, and prevents cancer by interfering with aspects of cellular signaling
5) green tea
Tea contains catechins compounds, these compounds restrict the growth of cancer.
6) cruciferous vegetables
Cruciferous vegetables like cauliflower, broccoli cabbage contain phytonutrients which may help inhibit the metabolism of carcinogens and stimulate the body's production of detoxification enzymes.
It contains lycopene which helps prevent prostate and other types of cancer.
Pomegranates are rich in ellagic acid. It slows down cancer cell growth and deactivate cancer-causing compounds.
Again, a food rich in anti-cancer substances including allicin.