Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. P Sumana
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. P SumanaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from mouth ulcers since a decade, it occurs frequently in a month and very painful to me. So kindly suggest me permanent solution for this.
I am suffering from unbearable pain in the gum. Most of the teeth are extracted. There is a cavity in one of the remaining teeth. Augmentin 625 mg was prescribed by the dental surgeon and Dolo 650 (SOS) was also prescribed along with it some time back to my wife who had a pain. Can I take Augmentin 625 nowbefore I go to dentist in the morning? I am 81+and a heart patient. I had angioplasty 4 years ago.
My mother aged sixty has toothache in her broken teeth at the end of her jaw. Cold / hot water is creating problem while intake it. She wants her teeth to be removed. Kindly advice?
I had moderate toothache before 3 months, as days passed it became more intense. Now I experience very severe toothache in more than one teeth, throat pain, swelling in face, ear pain. Now I have pain in surrounding tooth also, I have ear and throat pain accompanied and sometimes swelling in face.
What is the right way of intake of Tulsi leaves that protects teeth from the harmful effect of the same?
I have cavities and paria problem in my teeth and also have bleeding problem. Please give me best treatment solution.?
If you thought dental health could take a backseat amidst other demanding health problems, you surely haven’t experienced the unbearable pain of tooth cavities. Problems pertaining to your teeth could be many. From open nerve endings to weak and brittle teeth, anything could plague you. To take proper care of your teeth, you should visit your dentist frequently.
A few basic ways to maintain healthy teeth
- Pay heed to the kind of toothbrush you use: The kind of toothbrush you use plays a key role in discerning the health of your teeth. Many tend to use toothbrushes with hard bristles for brushing; this causes the enamel of your teeth to wear away. As a result, the dentine shows and a person reveals yellowish teeth every time he or she smiles. To soften the bristles of your toothbrush, you could wash it in lukewarm water prior to brushing.
- Certain food items should be strictly avoided: Junk food or packaged food is not just harmful for your overall health, but also for your teeth. Any food rich in starches or sugars can have acidic effects on your teeth enamel. Acids can corrode the enamel of your teeth. Hence, one should remember to consume food items that contain little amounts of sugar and starch. The reason why everybody around prohibited you from having too many chocolates as a child can be realized in the aforementioned point.
- Brushing and flossing routine: It is absolutely essential to brush your teeth twice daily. Flossing is what makes brushing effective. Many people are not aware of the right way to floss. Flossing should be done in a way so as to get rid of plaque that tends to settle down in between your teeth or right underneath your gums. The floss should be curved in the shape of a C for proper cleaning. Deposition of food particles when left to rot inside your mouth can cause graver problems other than bad breath.
- Give up your addiction: Smoking can kill the well-being of your teeth. It reduces the amount of blood circulated into a person’s mouth thus, making him or her more prone to the risk of oral cancers. Your chances of contracting periodontal diseases also increase when you smoke. So, healthy teeth and smoking can never go hand in hand.
- Never eat too many snacks: Eating in between meals or binge eating generally causes a lot of harm to your dental health. The more number of snacks a person intakes, the more is the concentration of sugar on his or her teeth. Care should be taken to eat four complete meals a day and less of snacks which are rich in sugar or carbohydrates. If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.
Dental anxiety is a widespread problem in populations across the world abstaining them from regular dental visits. Previous studies reported 64% of individuals nervous of dental treatment, with a smaller but still significant number of adults (2.4–5%) classed as dental phobics (serious psychological problem). Surveys completed by the American Association of Endodontists reveals that most people with a fear of the dentist are based on others’ experience and not their own. Being an Endodontist (“endo” – inside; “odont” – tooth), I am compelled to write about Root Canal Treatment given its bad reputation in general. A thorough understanding of what is going to happen is half the battle won.
WHAT IS ROOT CANAL TREATMENT?
Root canal treatment is the removal of nerve and blood supply of the tooth to remove its sensation. A tooth crown has essentially 3 layers- outermost ENAMEL, DENTIN in between followed by PULP (THE INNERMOST VITAL PART OF TOOTH)
As long as decay or trauma or infection underneath old fillings or fracture are restricted to enamel and dentin, FILLINGS are enough. The moment the problem hits the PULP, it is clearly a Root Canal Treatment. Precisely, avoiding a Root Canal Treatment is entirely in your hands by scheduling regular dental visits and getting the required intervention done on time.
NEGLECT STARTS OUT AS AN INFECTION THEN BECOMES A DISEASE.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF ROOT CANAL TREATMENT
- You have severe tooth pain especially on chewing or applying pressure on that side of the mouth
- Excruciating thrombing pain in lying down position
- Tender or swollen gums near the painful tooth
- Lingering pain in your tooth when it is exposed to hot or cold temperatures
- NO PAIN AT ALL
- Tooth appears darker or discolored
- You see a tiny pimple on your gums with intermittent pus discharge.
IS ROOT CANAL TREATMENT PAINLESS?
Every patient undergoing Root Canal Treatment for the first time has invariably enquired about this. While every tooth and every person responds differently, ROOT CANAL TREATMENT IS PAINLESS- before, during and after the procedure when performed by a skilled and experienced root canal specialist.
At Dental Panache, we ensure to invest maximum time and attention is making you numb in a pain free manner. We use topical gels and sprays to make your soft tissue numb before injecting it with very fine needles to ensure minimum discomfort. We also administer long lasting anaesthetic agents for longer appointments. When the local anaesthesia is effective, the whole procedure is absolutely PAINLESS.
Before the anaesthesia effect wears off, we start your antibiotics, painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs for about 3-5 days to ensure smooth healing and speedy recovery.
HOW LONG DOES THE TREATMENT LAST?
Though root canals can be done in a single appointment (without crown), we prefer to complete the whole process in two appointments to better judge the tooth’s response and manage it effectively. Every appointment typically lasts for 45- 90 minutes. We always give you bite blocks to open your mouth so that you are not tired.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING OR AFTER THE PROCEDURE?
- It is normal to feel tenderness or dull aching pain in the affected area for a few days because the ligament between your tooth and socket may be inflamed.
- Avoid chewing from the affected side till the crown is fixed. A root canal treated tooth inherently becomes weak and is always covered with crown for protection to prevent fracture while chewing hard food stuff.
- A foreign body feeling remains after crown cementation for 1-2 days.
- Start eating only soft food with the crown for the initial few days and gradually start using it like any other natural tooth.
- For long term success, proper oral hygiene habits and regular dental screening are imperative.
WHAT HAPPENS IF ROOT CANAL TREATMENT HAS FAILED?
It usually takes 18 months for a Root canal to FAIL (Before symptoms appear). Root canals can be safely attempted again at least twice with fairly high success rates if done by a skilled practitioner. The success rate of retreatment has been shown to be in the range of 80% healing.
PRESERVE NATURE’S GIFT
ROOT CANAL TREATMENT IS THE ONLY WAY TO SAVE YOUR NATURAL TOOTH (NO DENTIST CAN RECREATE ANYTHING BETTER THAN YOUR OWN TOOTH). If you do not get a proper Root canal treatment done, the tooth may eventually fracture. Studies have shown that well treated root canal fillings will last for many years, if not a lifetime. It is any day better than removing the diseased tooth and getting it replaced by a bridge/implant (depending on prognosis of the case).