Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. P Srinivasa PrasadYour feedback matters!
Hi sir/mam I found breast lump in left breast 8 months back but there is no swelling discharge or any symptoms but pain at time of menses that's it I saw in some articles all breast lumps are not cause cancer pizz give me suggestion it cause any severe condition in future what precautions I should take.
Hi I am 50 year old female with a history of breast cancer and taking tamoxifen 20 mg daily for past 4 years. December 2015, I took an abdomen scan and the endometrial thickness was 8 mm. But last week july 2016 the thickness increased to 14 mm. Am I having cancer of endometrium? Other symptoms for the cancer are missing. Should I go for an Hysterectomy? Please advice.
My father is suffering from skin cancer n he is in zero stage so can ayurvedic medicine cure dat disease?
I am 40 year old and use rajni Gandhi without tobacco and now my mouth not fully open it should be cancer tell me.
I am 8 month pregnant my left side breast fibroadenoma is present pain occur for every day and my right side breast no pain no complaint after delivery can I feed the baby any difficult can occur for feeding the baby because fibroadenoma.
My niece had protected sex which was incomplete though cus he dint put it in completely but he came. She also had an ipill as she was scared. A week later he came n then he fingered her but he dint touch his cim his fingers wer dry. She constantly fears of being pregnant all the time amd does not concentrate. She also sees a drop of white discharge from nipples while squzeeing even before she was with a guy. Is there any reason for her to worry cus if she continues she will go mad. Plis she is very sure she can not get pregnant but still fears. Also is the nipple discharge normal? Please help.
I am suffering with breast pain which frequently comes from one month but I have this from 13 now my age is 20. Can you give me suggestions please ?
I'm 62years lady. Just diagnosed with 2A stage cancer in one breast n going to remove that breast. Please suggest is chemo compulsory in cancer for permanent cure.
I wants to know the symptoms of cancer. And what ks the name of the test for Diagnosis of cancer and price of that test.
Hello doctor. I have been diagnosed with enlargement of prostrate gland 5 years back. I am taking flodart 0.4 mg. The problem is under control. Which homeopathic medicine should I take?? suggest please thank you.
What is cancer? What are the symptoms of cancer.? How one should prevent from cancer? What are the food that help to prevent from cancer?
My mom was treated for blood cancer and still she suffering from some symptoms like heart pain can not take solid food.
Bladder cancer can be caused by a variety of factors, which include genetic factors, inheritance, drugs, chemicals, environment related factors and smoking. In fact, smoking tobacco is one of the major causes of bladder cancer around the world. The chemicals present in tobacco can irritate the bladder lining which ultimately leads to bladder cancer. Besides smoking other important environmental factors might be chemotherapy, exposure to chemicals from newspaper, dye, leather, paints industries.
Symptoms of bladder cancer are as follows:
Most often it occurs in people more than 50 years of age. It can present in different ways, but common symptoms being :
- Painless hematuria - reddish or brownish colored urine with or without clots Increased frequency of urination Pain while passing urine .
- Difficulty in passing urine
The diagnosis requires a proper imaging workup including ultrasound, CT scan and urine examinations. Following the initial imaging, a biopsy is required to confirm the diagnosis and stage the disease. This is done by cystoscopy under anesthesia.
Treatments for bladder cancer.depend on the stage of cancer. Broadly bladder cancers can be categorised into Non-invasive and Invasive cancers.
- For non-invasive cancers: It requires recurrent cystoscopic surveillance and resection. For those with high risk of tumor recurrence or progression, intravesical chemotherapy or immunotherapy might be required.
- For invasive cancers the various treatment choices are:
- Surgery: For localised tumor which are amenable to resection perhaps surgery is the best possible treatment. This is a major undertaking where in whole of bladder along with accessory organs is removed. The surgeon may offer choices for reconstruction between neobladder (refashioning bladder with patient's gut) or ileal conduit (fashioning a stoma over which bag can be worn to collect urine). Following surgery a regular follow up is required and the prognosis is good.
- Chemotherapy: This modality is reserved for patient's where surgery is not possible or they have metastatic disease (disease spread to other body parts).In this method, medications are used to target and destroy cancer cells.
- Radiation Therapy: This might be and option for patient's that are not suitable for surgery. Radiation therapy uses gamma rays to destroy cancer cells in the body The key to good prognosis in bladder cancers is early detection timely intervention and good follow up.