Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. P Srinivasa PrasadYour feedback matters!
I feel very sleepy lazy I want to know is this sign of any disease Second ques provide me symptoms of cancer.
Pulmonary diseases are some of the most commonly experienced health conditions all over the world. Millions of people suffer due to various causes including genetics, smoking, pollutants and infection. Now lungs are one of the most important and complex organs of the body. They are the apparatus through which oxygen enters and carbon dioxide gets expelled.
Lungs expand and contract on a constant basis to ensure that we can breathe properly. Let us find out more about lung or pulmonary diseases.
- Asthma: This is one of the most common and potentially fatal conditions that affect children and adults. It grips the airways formed by the bronchi which branch off into smaller tubes from the main trachea that holds them. This condition causes inflammation, and even spasms, which can lead to wheezing and breathlessness. The main triggers of asthma attacks include allergies, infections and pollutants that may escape into the airways.
- COPD: This is also known as Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder. It is an umbrella term used for various lung conditions that cause breathing difficulties due to an obstruction of the airways. Chronic bronchitis is one of the conditions that falls under COPD, and is usually characterised by persistent, hacking coughs.
- Cystic Fibrosis: This is another condition that affects the airways by causing poor passage of mucus from the bronchial tubes. This condition is a genetic one where the mucus that gathers eventually becomes a lung infection.
- Pneumonia: This is a condition that causes an infection in the alveoli, which are the tiny tubes that the airways branch into. These are air sacs that can catch myriad infections like pneumonia.
- Tuberculosis: This is also a kind of pneumonia, which is caused by bacteria called Mycobacterium Tuberculosis. This condition usually attacks the air sacs of the lungs and can be a potentially fatal disease if it is not treated on time. The patient will require immediate hospitalisation.
- Pulmonary Edema: This condition is caused by fluid leaks from the tiny blood vessels into the surrounding air sacs within the lungs. It can also be caused due to heart failure as well as back pressure which falls on the lungs. Direct injury to the lungs can also lead to this condition.
- Lung Cancer: This is a fatal disease which can be found in any part of the lungs. It has many forms and the type as well as the location usually determines the kind of treatment option that will be followed.
- Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome: When the lungs suffer a sudden injury which is usually caused by a bout of serious illness, it is called ARDS. Treatment involves the use of life support ventilation.
Hi, I am currently living in UK and my family is in India. My father has a cancer history of more than 18 years. The symptoms started showing up in 1996 and the doctor did not advise for a scan that time. Later, he was detected with a large cancerous tumor on his left kidney and the entire kidney was taken out. The doctors advised him not to take Cigarettes as he was a chain smoker but he continued taking it at a reduced quantity for 10 years post operation and later in Nov, 2012 he was detected with one metastatic cancer tumor in his bran and several small nodules in his lungs and supra renal gland. The doctors prescribed him to take steroids before operation and post operation has has gone through complete remission of cancer. All nodules melted away on its own. However, he started showing symptoms of gastric ulcer. He started feeling racing heart due to anemia and he had black tarry stool and black vomiting in the month of August 2014. He quickly recovered and he was stable. But, he started having spicy food after a month. The symptoms came back strongly last December. Within a month, he recovered again. However, the symptoms keep coming these days and he is loosing his weight. Sometimes, he will be alright and start gaining weight and after 4 weeks the symptoms will come back again. There were 3-4 recurrences within a span of 6 months. Please advise.
Hi, I got a small tumour on my tongue from past 4 Years. Once I had undergone operation to get rid of this but again after few months its starts growing. I have gone through some sites and I have seen some pictures which are close to my type and they are symptoms of oral cancer. Please suggest doctors.
Does anyone know where Graviola tree is grown in india, its fruit has medicinal properties that can cure cancer. It is also called Sour sop.
Hie doctor. I was in a relationship for more den seven years. I am getting married to another guy. I want to operate vagina as it has expanded very much also my breasts are sagging. Please suggest some medicines n olso doctor for a check up.
Hello, I read an article today, that folic acid increases our cancer cells. And people from a cancer history should avoid. Of course there are some of my relatives have been diagnosed with cancer as well. I've been drinking folic acids for more than 3 years because of my losing memory and passing out issue. Now once I read the article I'm like kinda scared since its cancer! Is it really true?
Hello Doctors, My girlfriend (24 years) is experiencing itching in left breast and a tiny lump in right breast, she is about to have her period after two days, is it due to PMS or she have to go for checkup Some times a transparent white discharge comes out from nipple after squeezing the breast Please help!
I had noticed blood traces at the beginning urination about one month back. I carried out a blood urine examination it said PSA as 7.69, Further scanning showed prostate is of normal size. I took ciplox 500 for a month and retestedt PSA and the result showed 7.67. The doctor said that a biopsy is needed. Since I am 74 years old, I don't intend to go for biopsy. If I leave it as is, will there be any complication later? Is there any medication available for high PSA?
My father is suffering from colon cancer and it is in fourth stage what best we can do and what are the survival chances his age is 84 year please guide me properly and tell me everything clearly With High regard.
Hello, I am Dr Gaurav Chanana. I’m working as a consultant at Delhi Pain Management Centre. At Delhi Pain Management Centre, we are managing pains of every kind like muscular skeletal pain, back pain, heel pain and cancer pain also.
Cancer pain is one of the difficult pains to treat, difficult because cancer patients suffer from pain during the course of the disease either from the treatment like surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy or due to the spread of cancer to the various tissues when we say it is metastatic cancer.
For management of cancer pain, we need an expert doctor who is comfortable with using of opioid in managing cancer pain. It’s associated with side effects like constipation or drowsiness or the drugs are not being able to control the pain of the patient. At Delhi Pain Management Centre we try to manage cancer pain with various non-drug modalities, pharmacotherapy and also some interventions if and when needed.
If you have any query about cancer pain you can contact me via Lybrate through audio, video or in person consultation at any of our centers across the various parts of Delhi.
I was a NHL patient I regression for the last 6yrs. I went through chemo treatment. For last one year I have developed tendency to fall i.e. losing balance. Of late difficulty in talking(expressing myself)and difficulty climbing steps and loss of strength. I am male 72yrs.Ifell 80 or 90 yrs. age. What is the problem? Is it curable?.
Non Hodgkin Lymphoma is when the cells in your lymphatic system become cancerous. The lymphatic system is responsible for fighting off diseases, which may attack your body. Initially, tumors develop from the lymphocytes in your body. Non-Hodgkin lymphoma is much more common than the other type of lymphoma which is Hodgkin lymphoma. There are various types of Non-Hodgkin lymphoma; the most common of which are diffuse large B-cell lymphoma and follicular lymphoma. Here is everything you need to know about Non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
1. Swollen lymph nodes: A swollen lymph node in the neck, underarm and armpit which comes about without any pain is a very common symptom of Non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
2. Fever: When you have a sudden unexplained fever, it may be due to Non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
3. Night sweats: Night sweats are simply when you sweat excessively in the night.
4. Fatigue: Feeling extremely tired can be due to Non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
5. Weight loss: A sudden unexplained loss of weight is a very common symptom of Non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
6. Itchiness: An itchy skin is a rather serious indicator of Non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
Just like other forms of cancer, it is not known what causes Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, but there are factors, which put you more at risk compared to others.
1. Immunosuppressive drugs: You are most likely to develop Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, especially after taking immunosuppressive drugs after a major organ transplant.
2. Bacteria and viruses: Certain bacterial and viral infections cause Non-Hodgkin lymphoma including the HIV and Epstein-Barr virus as well as the Helicobacter pylori bacteria.
3. Pesticides: Research suggests that overexposure to the pesticides which kill weeds increases your likelihood of developing Non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
4. Age: Elder people are also more likely to suffer from Non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
1. Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy comprises of administering drugs to kill the cancerous cells, either through injection or orally which kill cancer.
2. Radiation therapy: Radiation therapy deals with radiation which is directed at the parts of your body affected by cancer.
3. Medications to enhance the immune system: There are many medications which fight off cancer by boosting the immune system. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a hematologist.