Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Splinting
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. P. RamakanthYour feedback matters!
Pain is something that strikes fear and anxiety in all of us - be it physical pain or emotional pain. Pain is a somatic and unpleasant sensation that causes acute discomfort in the body of an individual. Hip pain can be caused due to a variety of reasons including conditions like arthritis or osteoporosis, as well as other conditions that may lead to hip pain as a symptom. The major occurrence of hip pain could be a recent injury or a previous untreated injury. It is also an indication of an injury or even a disease. The degree could be varied from a mild ache to an unendurable agony.
- Hip Pain Causes: Pain can occur in any part of the body. One such part is hip. The hip is a ball and socket joint which connects the torso of the body to the leg. Pain in the hip is a common complaint which could be caused due to a large variety of problems. Many a times the pain arises from the bones and tissue within the hip joint itself or the area that surrounds the hip. However, there could be other sources of pain in the hip too. At the time of any illness or an injury this vacant space is occupied with fluid or blood that stretches the capsule lining of the hip and results in the pain.
- The Hip and Other Areas: The hip pain is dependent on the condition that causes the pain in areas like thighs, interior of the hip joint, exterior of the hip joint, buttocks, back or groin. Hip pain has some usual symptoms which can make it easier to get detected. Sometimes, reduced range of motion accompanies the pain. Persistence in hip pain could also develop a limp.
- Diagnosis and Imaging: It is strictly recommended to get the hip pain diagnosed immediately after the discovery of the relevant symptoms. There are numerable methods available to diagnose the pain in the hip. One of such methods used by doctors or orthopedists is diagnosis through imaging. Imaging enables the doctors to view the internal area of the hip joint without causing any pain. The common imaging technologies comprise of x-ray (or radiography), computed tomography (CT) scan, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan, and ultrasound. X-ray approach is generally the primary choice for getting the images. The CT scan combines X-ray and other complicated machinery to produce digital images. Doctors or orthopedist usually resort to MRI scans when the images produced by the X-ray or CT scan are not quite clear. High frequency sound waves are used for obtaining images through ultrasound. The radiologists after the diagnosis make a short patient history explaining them the procedure. This helps in understanding the kind of treatment that is required for the affected areas.
I have severe back ache from last two days. I am not able to bend properly and getting up from bed is also quite a struggle. Can anyone help?
Mujhe 4 days se hand ke fingers ke joints mai aur foot air fingers mai bht pain hai hand fold karne mai kuch pakdne mai bht pain hai halke se sweling be hai please let me know whats problem.
Is there any cure for bulged disc to be bought back to its original position in the world? Allopathic or ayurvedic? Specifically im having mild disc bulge at my lower back.
Hi I am 21 year old, and during last 2 months I am diagnosed with the spondylitis, acute pain in the back bone, taking medicine during last 2 months - movon mr, rebozen 20, please suggest me the proper treatment.
I have started body building recently and I am facing some back problem and not getting proper treatment.
I'm 18 years old. I got my ankle break while I'm playing kabaddi. Suddenly I'm hitten by my friend. I used so many medicines, but I'm not satisfied with it. And I'm still suffering from it.
Suffering from Arthritis for 30 yrs; Spondilitis 20 yrs; Bachache 25 yrs; Vit D3 deficiency 3 yrs. Winters are intolerable - all 10 fingers find impossible to work; Allergic to cold, pollen n dust. Please suggest how to go about.
I have a tear in my cartilage of the left knee. I am 20years old and I am a dancer. Can physio and resting the knee for a while help?
I have a lower back pain from last 2 yrs, I took mri scanning Dr. Suggested to operation. I am 21 years old, does it ryt .
I am a 20 year old male and I have a problem of flat feet. I am a bit overweight and have just begun working out to loose body fat. I feel pain in my feet and lower leg whenever I go for a run. Please give me a solution to this problem.
I have a severe back pain in the lumbar region for the past few years. There is hardly any relief even with pain killers. Kindly advise treatment
Im 21 years old female. Took mifepristone on nov 4.later in ultra sonography it showed no retained pieces of conception. Im bleeding severely woth severe back pain amd stomach ache below navel. Pls help me out.
I once punched in the wall, it started to pain but I took it casually as I have had practice before. But this time the pain stayed, it didn't pain normally but during a handshake/ writing it pained right above the pinky finger in right hand. I went to see a doctor an got an x-ray done for the right hand, he said he saw no fracture's and said there must be some ligament torn and thus told me to get some wrist splint apparatus for my hand. I didn't get that as it was not available in the pharmacy. Later the same night my whole right arm went complete numb, and I wasn't even putting any pressure on it. When I woke up it was still a bit numb. The arm went cold. Being sleepy I managed to wear a sweater and slept. The hand was fine next morning. During bath today my hand started getting a bit stiff, whenever I even tried to make a knuckle it hurt. It also hurt in the muscle right above the elbow. The arm went stiff after being in the shower for 10-15 mins. Also it was warm water shower. After coming out it felt normal again. Can anyone please tell me what to do? I am a kind of workout freak as well, and I can't even do one push up as it pains in tge right hand.
I am 55 years of age and I met with an accident one year back resulting fracture in my left hand elbow. Got operated in bhagat hospital by insurting steel needles in elbow. When the plaster was open the top portion of one needle came out. Again the surgery was done after some gap & they removed all the needles. After removal of the send plaster I have taken the physiotherapy as per doctor's advise but as of now I can move my left hand upto 90 degree only. Still I feel pain in my elbow when I straight or bend my elbow joint. Kindly advise what course of action I should take now. Your advise shall be highly appreciated. Regards
If you are suffering from back pain, you should know that the tiniest of movements can trigger the same. Back pain may occur due to several factors or reasons and it hampers your daily activities and standards of life to a great extent. However, you need to become active instead of being immobile for relieving back pain. There are several exercises which help in strengthening your back muscles and performing these on a regular basis will provide you relief from back pain drastically. Here are 7 common exercises which you should carry out:
1. Pelvic tilt: You have to lie on your back and keep your knees bend, but touching. Your feet should stay flat on the floor. By flattening your lower back against the wall and tilting your pelvis downwards, you must maintain the position for 20 to 40 seconds. Meanwhile, you must breathe slowly and deeply and then release. This stretch requires small movements for reducing tension, thereby easing your back pain.
2. Lumbar stretch: You need to sit on a chair, roll your head, chest, neck and lower back forward till your head gets between the knees. Hold the position and take deep breaths. Slowly, get back to the sitting position. Repeat this twice.
3. Cat position: You have to kneel on your fours and keep the knees and hip width separate. Keep the stomach muscles tense, arch your back like a cat does and maintain the position for five seconds. Repeat this and then allow your stomach to drop towards the floor direction and hold it for five seconds again.
4. Curl ups: For this exercise, you should lie on your back with the knees bent and your feet kept flat on the floor. Placing your hands behind the head will make the stomach muscles tense. Then, lift your shoulders, head and upper back from the floor. Do this around 10 times. This is ideal for strengthening your back.
5. Dry swimming: Begin by lying on your stomach, keeping a rolled-up towel under your belly for support. By tightening your buttocks, raise one arm and the opposite leg simultaneously. Switch your arms and legs and perform this for about two minutes.
6. Leg lift: For leg lifts, you should lie on your back with the knees kept bend and the feet kept flat on the floor. You have to press your lower back to the floor and straighten a leg with the knees aligned. After bending your leg, return to the starting position and repeat the exercise on the other side.
7. Cobra stretch: The cobra stretch is another ideal movement for stretching your tight abdominal muscles and lower back. You need to lie on your stomach with your legs extended and your palms planted on the sides of your head. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.