Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. P Ram Babu
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. P Ram BabuYour feedback matters!
My husband has a back pain from many year. He also takes advice from physiotherapist but there is no result. What can he do to get rid from pain ?
Sir some times I having mild pain in my entire body. Also I having joint mild pain in my right hand shoulder, wrist joint, and in one of my finger. Sir since last 15 years I was consuming rajnighandha tulsi but since last 4 month I quite smoking and chewing. Now from 3-4 Month I use bhang powder in night. I want some checkups to insure my vital organ working properly or not. Sir please suggest if any check up required.
Hi I am a 22 year old female. From childhood itself, I was having so much of stomach problems like pain, diarrhea, constipation etc. My mom told that alternate constipation & diarrhea issue please started when I was just 20 days old. I was unable to walk speedly & run from chilhood because a cramping stomach pain develops. I was unable to participate in dance, sports and such heavy exercises. We consulted many doctors including gastros. Done ct scan, barium test, endoscopy, colonoscopy, capsule endoscopy etc. Ulcer and kidney stone was diagnosed when I was 18 years. It has got cured. But this pain while running and all is still there. It became worst within last 1 year after the completion of my degree project. It was done in a hilly region and was really tough for me. Now the stool is normal daily. I am 158 cms tall & weight is just 44 kgs. I was losing my weight because of contipation & diarrhea. But since it is fine now I started gaining weight from 36 kg to 44 kg. But stomach pain while doing jobs which require little power is the main problem for me now. There is a please tenderness in the right, left and top side(most tenderness) of my tummy button. One doctor told that it is due to weak muscles & muscle spasms. I can' t even stretch my body now. Please help me to solve this problem. Thank you for showing patience to read my problem
I am 65 years old with controlled bp by taking mild doses of medicine but for last one yr, have been suffering from knee-pains more on left while climbing stairs up or down. Walking 45 monts at dawn-time plus yoga n knee-pain exercise except sunday (rest day. Six months back had taken homeo mediclne like clmlclfuga, guaiacum. Now putting finger- pressure at back of knee-joint for last 15 days. At present pains are little less. Can you prescribe best knee-pain exercises and yoga. Not interested in any type of medicine
I am 35 year old feemale. From last 1 year I feel vibrations and muscle twitches in the body generally at the time when I lie down. My doctor checked me for als with some needle test. It csme negative. My vitamins are ok. But the vibrations are not going. I really feel very scared and uncomfortable with this. Please let me know how can it go completely.
I am female 50 years old, my leg and lower back aching at night. Last year fall from a 5 feet high wall. What to do?
People who suffer from arthritis are more likely to experience osteoarthritis symptoms. The intensity of the feeling of knee pain in winter is often linked to barometric pressure. In winter, there is a reduction in the pressure exerted by the air around us. This drop in pressure can cause the tissues around the joints to swell resulting in increased pain. The other possible cause of knee pain in winter can be explained from the influence of heat. Fluid in tissues becomes more viscous during winter. As a result of this increased viscosity, the elasticity of the muscles decreases, resulting in winter aches and pains.
Some scientists believe that the higher pain intensity in winter is to be more of a psychological thing. Seasonal affective disorder is more during winter, and people suffering from mental depression seem to sense more pain during winter as the weather restricts outdoor activities. Improper intake of food also causes knee pain in winter due to undigested material. Even though winter arthritis is uncomfortable, the following tips help to make the joints work better and make you withstand the season easier.
Tips to Manage Joint Pain in Winters
- Physical activity in winter can reduce winter aches and pains and enhance overall health benefits. Low impact activities like aerobics, swimming in a heated pool, weight training, and riding a stationary bicycle can reduce stiffness, increase the blood flow, and support the knees. Thus, winter arthritis can be well managed by doing exercises.
- Diet also plays a vital role. Eating a balanced diet that comprised of low saturated fat, lean proteins, more fiber, and refined carbs helps to improve body functions during the winter. Drinking water throughout the day helps to reduce winter aches and pains. It is essential to consume easily digestible foods like vegetables. Consuming vegetables like carrots and cucumbers that have diuretic properties can help to eliminate waste products from the body.
- Vitamin D deficiency may worsen osteoarthritis. It is necessary to take a supplement vitamin D or ensure to make your diet is vitamin-D rich. Fish oil is a potent source of omega 3 fatty acids. Increase your intake of milk, a rich source of protein and calcium that help to strengthen the bones. Exposing the body to sunlight help to obtain vitamin D.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as aspirin and ibuprofen can be used to reduce inflammation and pain. Injecting a viscous substance can decrease the friction of the bones and ease the condition.
Home Remedies for Knee Pain in Winters
- Wrap the inflamed knees with blanched cabbage leaves. This can cool down inflamed knees. Aloe vera also helps to reduce inflammation.
- Comfrey (symphytum officinale) can act as an anti-inflammatory agent. Create a compress using mashed root or comfrey tea soaked bandages can also be used to reduce inflammation.
- Applying an ice-pack can help to reduce swelling and alleviate winter aches and pains. While applying ice-pack, ensure to cover the entire knee. Applying a bag of frozen peas to the area also works well. While using ice or heat therapy, make sure to do them carefully as over agressive and over doing it, can cause problems.
- Steam therapy also helps to reduce pain in your knees. Soak your knee in a steaming hot water for 15 minutes. Applying hot water bag also can relieve knee pain in winter effectively.
- Winter aches and pains all over the body can be relieved by administrating massage therapy by a professional.
- Avoid applying strain or pressure on your knees. Take adequate amount of rest to reduce pain and swelling.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.