Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. P Ram BabuYour feedback matters!
My grandfather (aged 79) suffered three falls and got a crack in his spinal cord. Scans revealed a blood clot in the head and he underwent a surgery to remove it. It has been 2 weeks since his operation and he is now at home but he is sleeping most of the time. He is unable to walk and when we make him sit he is unable to do so and says it is paining a lot. Sometimes he remembers everyone and everything but sometimes he is not responding. Yesterday he sat for a long time and ate well and talked with us but today he is not eating anything and seems to be in a semi-conscious state. What is the reason for this sudden change? The reports have shown C3-C6 spinal cord injury. How should we proceed further? Which specialist should we consult? Is his unresponsiveness related to the surgery he had in the head or due to the spinal cord compression?
What are the important exercises to overcome the pain and reduce cervical problem related to head and neck?
I have a body pain every time and leg pain also without painkiller its very painful for me but I don't want to take painkiller but not possible then what should I do and why is it paining.
I have got pain in my left leg below nee because of an injury so what should I do for my leg I am very upset now I am having problems in walking and sleeping also.
Hey doctor in my case I can not stretch my leg whenever I stretch its pain very bad, so what do I do? Should I go for rehabilitation to recover OR should I go for surgery? What do I do?
I am 49 years old. I have shoulder pain from last 3 months. I have taken medicines prescribed by orthopedic surgeon. But till today I am not cured by shoulderpain. Sir, what to do next?
Ankylosing spondylitis refers to a form of arthritis that affects the spinal column. This condition causes the bone vertebrae to fuse together leading to a rigid spine. Depending on the extent of the damage, this could result in mild changes or in a stooped posture. Although the cause of this disease is not known, it is said to be passed down from one generation to another through a gene called the HLA-B27. This gene is also linked to spondylitis.
Ankylosing spondylitis cannot be cured, but with treatment, the pain and stiffness associated with it can be managed. Along with medication, physical and occupational therapy is a must when treating this disease. In some cases where the disease has caused severe deformities, surgery may also be recommended. However, an early diagnosis can also help prevent significant deformity.
A physical exam and an X-ray are the key factors used to confirm a diagnosis of Ankylosing spondylitis. Some of the symptoms associated with this disorder are:
- Pain and stiffness: Everyone complains of a backache at some point or the other but a persistent lower back ache could be a sign of something serious. Spondylitis often starts in the sacroiliac joints and hence the lower back, buttocks and hips are the first to be affected. Pain that lasts for more than three months should not be ignored as it could be a sign of Ankylosing spondylitis.
- Bony fusion: This condition causes an abnormal growth of bones in the spinal column. This can lead to the fusing of bones in the spine. The bones of the neck, back and hips are most affected by this bone fusion. While this can affect a person’s mobility it can also cause complications. For example, the fusing of the ribs to the spinal column or the breastbone can restrict the expansion of the chest while breathing.
- Pain in ligaments and tendons: Apart from the bones, this condition also affects a person’s tendons and ligaments attached to the bones. For example, pain in and around the heel may be caused by tendonitis.
- Other symptoms: The symptoms of ankylosing spondylitis are not restricted only to the joints. Hence, it is also known as a systemic disease. Some of the other symptoms exhibited by people suffering from this condition are fever, fatigue, inflammation of the eyes and a loss of appetite. Some people may also complain of lung and heart problems.
I am 31 years old female. I have recently developed a painful swelling near my ankle up to foot since 7 days. It pains on dorsiflexion of foot. It is not that warm on touch but it is tender. I got x ray done but it is clear, one of the Dr. Palpated it and said it seems to be soft tissues and no liquid. This happened after I slipped from stairs and got hit at tailbone, at that time no ankle sprain was there. In october 2014, I got my acl reconstruction for 2nd time in right leg, after that off and on swelling used to be at ankle but was never painful. Kindly suggest what it can be.
My grandmother is having savior back pane and joint pain she also have many more problems related with bones.
Hi, I am suffering from lower back pain for quiet some time. It starts from tail bone and spread upwards and side wise and make me difficult to walk. Even during bed, the pain persists and the pain is also shifting from one point to other at the waist level. The pain killer (Aceclofenac.
My wife got head injury by an accident and she has stitches on her four hard please suggest me how it could be removed.
I'm 26 year My problems spondylosis pain in spine cord , back waist last 3 year and also neck cervical . Pls heal my problems. With best effective medicine bcoz my marriage after 5 month.
I have pain on my knees. When I sit anywhere then difficult to stand up. And also pain on knees whenever I bent it to get rid from it which medicine I have to take and which exercise I have to do?
I have pain in my sin above toe and below leg knee in some part there is extreme pain and it pain more after running.
I am suffering for legs nd feet pain in summer every night last 2 years. What should I have to do. Give me any suggestion pleas.
My mother is having a sever pain in her leg and have a high fever of 103degF. We did a various test like CBC ESR, LFT, KFT, LIPID profile, TSH, Urine and microscopic examination.
My father is suffering from severe rumatoid arthritis. Do steroids of oxymethenone, boldenone, and testosterone will help him in any way?
Gone are the days when mostly septuagenarians complained of joint and knee pain. The problem today has become common among all age groups. Knee or joint pain at any stage of life is painful, however, the health problem striking early on is scary as one just dreads of living with it in the so many years to come.
Ayurveda is a very old system of medicine, which originated in India. Using herbs found in nature to cure various illnesses, knee pain and joint pain can also be permanently cured with this method indigenous to India. Arthritis and Joint pain are among the most prevalent problems faced by adults, mostly old people. As per Ayurveda, 'vata dosha' Is responsible for joint and knee pain.
Here are some common Ayurvedic remedies, which help reduce knee pain:
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is medically known as Withania Somnifera. In the West, Ashwagandha is popularly known as Winter Cherry. Also, it has a lot of therapeutic properties, which include reducing joint pains.
- Banyan: The Banyan tree's medical name is Ficus Benghalensis. It has a sap very similar to the form of rubber known as latex is derived from the Banyan tree. The Banyan tree's sap is externally applied over the joints and the pain usually disappears after a few regular applications.
- Garlic: The medical name for garlic is allium sativum. Five to six cloves eaten everyday has proved to reduce knee pains.
- Ginger: Ginger is biologically called Zingiber Officinale. These can be easily included in your diet and go a long way in curbing knee pain.
The following are some Ayurvedic home remedies that can be utilized to treat joint pain:
- Hot & Cold Compress: Cold and hot compresses can be utilized to ease your joint pain effectively. Heat compression decreases the pain, increases the blood circulation and relaxes the swollen joints and muscles. On the other hand, cold therapy lessens the inflammation of the affected joint. Place hot and cold towel alternatively on the affected area to achieve immediate relief from persistent pain.
- Turmeric: Add a pinch of turmeric and a teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink this solution on a regular basis for a week. Turmeric contains anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which makes it an excellent remedy for treating joint pains.
- Healthy diet: A balanced diet that comprises a lot of green leafy vegetables and fresh seasonal fruits is good for your joints. The uncontrolled intake of fatty food, dairy products, and high sodium diet must be avoided in order to avoid arthritis and joint pain. Prevention is better than cure and in order to follow that it is always beneficial to get your complete body check up done from time to time.