Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pathologists in India. You will find Pathologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pathologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. P.Pratima
Submit a review for Dr. P.PratimaYour feedback matters!
Sir my wife is suffering in renal failure, her latest blood report creatinine label 2.5,and urea label 41, blood pressure is now in normal condition, yesterday I consulted a nephrologist he prescribed ferrous ascourbate&foic acid tabs, alphaketo analogous tabs, moxidine tabs0. 3 mg tabs, now her hemoglobin level in blood is 10.4,now she is stable ,I have seen normal swelling of face only, not have any pain in any body part also, so pls give me any suggestions for lowering creative label &revive this renal failure.
Is bath with hot water is good if you have body pain what should I do it seems kuch krne kaa maan nhi hoo rha body pain and is it good or bad if I take apple and banana with hot milk in breakfast Reply plz.
My daughter is sixteen, she plays sports but after that she complains of body ache, I can not give her medicine cause I don't want her body to get use to, please help.
Wearing tight inners and tight dress cause neck and back pain? What is the remedy? I like to wear dresses very tight and skinny. But I didn't feel comfortable while I lie n bed and using Mobile. I feel very compressed by the dresses. I don't want wear loose clothes. I like to wear fit clothes. But it doesn't make me to feel comfortable while sleeping. It causes neck and back pain. I feel that I'm compressed into a little box.
My father is having problem to sit on his arse due to pain in the tail bone. He hardly sits down in a chair or a sofa n lies down on his bed in stomach. It has been a year this coxis pain has troubled my father. Kindly suggest a solution to it. We've been to doctors who have said to take rest. The pain decreases when he is on leave n take rests but however the pain comes back again as he has to travel in bus or train sitting. I kindly ask you a solution to it. What do we need to do to cure it.
1. Most common cause of pain between 15-35 years of age is fibro-cystic disease, which occurs due to hormonal fluctuations.
2. In fibrocystic disease, there is cyclical pain, which is more in intensity just before the menstrual periods
3. Cyclical pain is commonly seen in patients who are overweight and hypothyrooid.
4. Ultrasound should always be done to rule out any lumps/ cancer.
5. During these episodes of pain, try wearing a sports bra. It offers good support and reduces the pain. You can also apply anti-inflammatory gels over the site of pain.
6. Large cysts (>1.5 cm) should be aspirated - they help in reducing pain
7. Cancer usually presents as a painless lump in the breast
8. Sometimes breast pain can be due to musculo-skeletal causes.
9. If there is one particular point, where pain in occurring (specially close to the middle), then it could be due to costo-chondritis (inflammation of the joint between cartilage and bone)
10. Costo-chondritis can be managed by pain-killers and local injection of steroids
Please make sure you get yourself treated from an expert breast surgeon, who knows the various causes of breast pain and their management.
Recently I have been suffering from throat infection very badly. Also I have whole body pain. What should I drink or eat this time? I can't eat properly, my throat is paining. Through out whole year, I have been suffering from throat infection. Cold,cough problem. Now I can't talk too much. How to cure throat infection permanently. Because it hampered my speech also. Any medicine, any yoga or any pranayama which will help me to cure throat infection permanently. Thank you plz tell me solution.
Cortisone shots are injections that help relieve pain and inflammation. They are injected directly into the joints such as the ankle, wrist, knee, hip, shoulder, elbow . These injections are a combination of corticosteroids and local anaesthetics. These corticosteroids are similar to the hormones produced by the adrenal gland. Cortisone injections are also used to treat the carpal tunnel syndrome, trigger finger, shoulder bursitis and plantar fasciitis. Though they do not cure the disease but they provide temporary relief.
These injections may be slightly painful but provide relief in a day or two that lasts for a few weeks or months at a stretch. Hence, cortisone shots provide relief faster and have longer lasting results than other forms of anti-inflammatory medication. Another benefit of cortisone injections as compared to other drugs that need to be taken in through the mouth is that it avoids side effects of anti-inflammatory medication such as an upset stomach and systemic side effect of steroid etc. Cortisone injections can also be used to treat backaches and pain that radiates from the spine to an arm or leg.
However, cortisone injections are associated with a number of risks. These include:
- Infection in the joints
- Thinning of tissue and skin around the injection site
- Pain and inflammation in the joint
- Weakening or rupturing of tendons
- Hypopigemtation of skin around the injection site
- Blood sugar spikes – this is seen mostly in diabetic patients
In most cases, these side effects are short-lived. Cortisone may also be held responsible for the deterioration of cartilage inside a joint. For this reason, doctors do not advise cortisone injections to be had more than 3-4 times in a joint. The minimum interval between two cortisone injections must be 6 weeks. When used judiciously, cortisone injections can greatly improve the quality of a patient’s life. Hence it is very important to get treated only by a qualified doctor and to completely understand the pros and cons of using this form of treatment.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!