Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pulmonologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. P.Navanith Sagar ReddyYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from dry cough for the past two years. What should I do to recover it. Sometimes it's badly affecting my normal breathing also.
My mother 40 years old. Suffering asthma and severe gastric since 5 years. No cure from any medicine.
Asthma is an inflammatory disease, which affects the airways of your lungs (respiratory tract that pumps oxygen into the lungs). It is long term in nature. It is characterized by shortness of breath, coughing and wheezing. It occurs few times a day or few times a week depending on the person it affects. Sometimes it worsens during the night.
What triggers Asthma?
- Airborne particles such as dust mites, mold spores, pollen and cockroach waste.
- Infections in the respiratory system such as common cold.
- Cold air can also trigger asthma.
- Physical or outdoor activities which make you pant such as running, skipping, jogging and jumping can cause shortness of breath, thus triggering asthma.
- Pollutants and irritants in air such as smoke.
- Some medications can also trigger asthma.
- Stress and nervous attacks (panic attacks) also trigger asthma.
How to manage asthma better by changing your lifestyle:
- Try to avoid keeping animals in your house such as dogs, cats and rabbits. Many times animal fur, waste, urine and saliva contains particles which can cause allergic reactions and make you cough uncontrollably. This in turn triggers asthma attacks. If you have pets try keeping them away from your bedroom.
- Dust mites also cause allergies which trigger asthma. So wash your carpets, rugs, bed-linen and pillowcases in hot water.
- Bugs and insects such as cockroaches are not only unhygienic, but can also trigger asthma. Cockroach droppings near your bed, kitchen and food are dangerous and you should call an exterminator to get rid of these bugs.
- Sometimes, heavy fragrance also aggravates your respiratory tract and triggers shortness of breath. Avoid using heavy perfumes, deodorants and room fresheners.
- Pollution also triggers asthma. Dust particles come out from the vehicles and mix with the air. If this air is inhaled, it might trigger uncontrollable asthma. So try to cover your mouth with a cloth when you step out of your house.
Asthma can be very severe and can bring many hurdles in your day to day activities. Changing your lifestyle and certain habits can reduce asthma to a great extent. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pulmonologist.
I have dry cough badly for three days and suffering from cold and chest in my pain. I can't sleep at night. My breath had gone fast while sleeping at night. Please advise me best allopathy syrups and medicine.
I am suffering from TB. Treatment started And taking Medicine from 7 July. Now can I do sex with my wife?
Hello sir, am a student. My age is 18. Now I suffering from a depression from 7 month. Suddenly I feel breathless, cannot take enogh oxygen, and am going to die, and I forgot my breathing process, cannot feel relax. Every time I watch my breathing process. Sir help me. Automaticly stop breathing process it is possible? am going to die. Please advice me.
I am 32 years. I had sinus tachycardia and was facing heart racing in the middle in night then cardiology suggested me telday m50 which I am taking daily. Now I don't have any heart racing but taking this pill daily since a year. Can I stop taking pill? Will I have to take this pill forever?
I started jump rope week back. But now my chest pains when I take deep breath. I have neither asthma problem nor smoke.
Tonsils are the two oval-shaped tissue pads at the back of your throat, which function as a mechanism to protect you from diseases. Any infection of the tonsils is referred to as ‘tonsillitis’.
You can suffer from tonsillitis at any age, but it is more commonly diagnosed in children. Tonsillitis is highly contagious.
There are two types of tonsillitis:
- Chronic tonsillitis— Longer episodes of acute tonsillitis
- Recurrent tonsillitis— Recurrent episodes of tonsillitis in a year
Tonsillitis can cause viral and bacterial infections. The ‘Streptococcus (strep) bacteria’ is a common cause. Some other causes include:
- Influenza virus
- Epstein-Barr virus
- Parainfluenza virus
- Herpes simplex virus
Since tonsillitis has various causes, symptoms too tend to differ. Some symptoms include:
- An extremely sore throat
- Painful or difficult swallowing
- Scratchy-sounding voice
- Bad breath
- Stomach aches
- Stiff neck
- Neck and jaw tenderness due to inflamed lymph nodes
- Tonsils that become swollen and red in colour
- Yellow or white spots on the tonsils
In children, symptoms such as excessive drooling, increased irritability or poor appetite are usually noticeable.
If the tonsillitis is mild, especially caused by a virus, it usually doesn’t require any treatment. More critical cases of tonsillitis might require treatments such as tonsillectomy (a surgical process used to remove the tonsils) or administration of antibiotics.
Penicillin is the most commonly administered antibiotic. Once commonly performed, tonsillectomy (surgical removal of tonsils) is now reserved for extremely critical cases. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ent-specialist.