Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. P. Mruthyunjaya KumarYour feedback matters!
I am suffering a severe chest pain on my left chest and pain on left hand. My x ray reports and ECG reports are normal. But the pain is severe to me.
My heart beats are always fast even when I am resting it is 85-90 When I sleep my breath rate also increase And my potty in also thin but I do potty once a day I had infection in my lungs but now it is ok And also when the treatment was going on My potty was fine earlier it was same as now Nd I was gaining weight now am not able to do so.
I am 48 years old, using BP tablets telemaxx 50mg, since last 3 days every half hour urine is coming, please suggest sir.
It is a myth that heart diseases in children are incurable. 90% of congenital heart problems have treatment available. Complex heart diseases can be prevented by taking folic acid antenatally. Fetal echocardiography is the tool to diagnose heart diseases in children before birth.
I have problem of high bp. sugar .thyroid. spondylitis.i take 100 mg thyronorm. My weight is 70. Nd I am 29 years old. I have a baby boy. When I was pregnant my sugar level shoot up to 650 .since then I am diabetic.
Dear sir, please suggest my mother having high bp and frequently she tells about headache and we are taking one macsart 40 mg bp tablet, please suggest.
The heart muscle is the central pumping machine that ensures that blood flow throughout the body is maintained and all other organs have a regular supply. One of the conditions that can cause this organ to malfunction is cardiomyopathy, wherein the heart is unable to pump the blood to all parts of the body. This condition can even lead to heart failure and is something that needs to be addressed and diagnosed quickly.
Symptoms of Cardiomyopathy
Early stages of cardiomyopathy may be difficult to detect externally, although it may be slowly reducing your heart’s capacity. Symptoms that start showing in later stages may include:
- Constant fatigue, even without physical activity
- Fluid may build up and thus cause bloating within the body
- Persistent coughing while lying down
- You may have irregular heartbeats that may sometimes be quite rapid
- Due to the lack of blood supply, you may feel lightheaded, dizzy and might even cause you to faint
- Even the slightest of exertions will cause breathlessness and exhaustion and you may even feel this symptom while at rest
- Intermittent chest pain
Causes of Cardiomyopathy
Causes of this condition may vary from patient to patient, although certain common factors include:
- Genetic reasons where one or both parents are susceptible to this condition
- Metabolic problems such as obesity, diabetes or thyroid problems
- Substance abuse such as anabolic steroids, amphetamines cocaine or even the consumption of excessive alcohol
- High blood pressure for prolonged periods
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Side effects of drug treatments such as the use of certain chemicals in chemotherapy
Types of Cardiomyopathy
Cardiomyopathy has multiple types; depending on what causes them and also certain specific symptoms. These are:
- Restrictive cardiomyopathy
- Dilated cardiomyopathy
- Arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Unclassified cardiomyopathies
Treatment for cardiomyopathy
The treatment of these various forms of cardiomyopathy will vary depending on the type and also the stage and condition of the heart. Some of these treatments include:
- Lifestyle changes
- Surgeries such as Septal myectomy, Septal ablation and Radiofrequency ablation
- Implantable devices such as Implantable cardioverter-defibrillator or ICD
- Ventricular assist devices
- Heart transplant in the worst case scenarios. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.