Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. P Lakshmi ReddyYour feedback matters!
My wife is 12 weeks & 3 days pregnant. We had our NT scan and It was normal. But I have few queries. 1. Dr. Has prescribed loprin (aspirin) 75 mg every night after dinner. Why aspirin has been prescribed during pregnancy after 12 weeks of pregnancy?
Hi Sir, I am from chennai. Am asking this query for my husband. No sperm count report on last year. So started treatment from january 2015 till taking the TESTOFIT and QACE tablet daily. My problem is Fibroid 2.3, 2.2. Getting regular periods 3 days. My LMP 18/09/2015 egg stages are growing well on 9th day 19*20, 20*20, 14*15 RT ovary and 15*15 LT ovary and next 11th day (29/09/2015) 24*24, 25*26, 19*20 RT and 20*25LT. Kindly let me. I would like to know whether my husband is met my egg. Is it possible to get conceive ? Kindly suggest me to get improvement for pregnancy.
Which fruits to be eaten during pregnancy? Please give the list of same as well as what type of foods?
My wife is pregnant, we got married just a month & a half ago. We have twice checked it using home pregnancy test kit n also at a local hospital. Can we postpone d pregnancy without abortion as she's not mentally ready for the baby.
Hello Sir, I am 23years old. And I am married since October. My husband is presently staying in Bangalore and I am pursuing out my PG course in TamilNadu. We met before one month and where he stayed with me here we had intercourse then. I had a delayed menstrual cycle. And It was not like as my regular bleeding. It extended just for 3days continuously as blood stokes. And for next two days I did not suffer from such bleeding and again irregular bleeding (blood stokes) is been constantly noted for two days. I have checked my pregnancy using a pregnancy card. And above all I am a PCOD patient too. Will I be able to get pregnant this time? And I feel sudden dizziness accompanied with vomits and nausea. What should I do now? I had a negative result of pregnancy in my pregnancy card. What am I suffering from? Health wise I am much weak too. I can't concentrate on my regular works. Can you please guide me now? I m so lean too.
My wife's last period 5th may 2016 And the cycle is 32 days means 5 june ko period aane wala tha But test kiya to she is pregnant Aaj 14th june he Abi tak wo kitne weeks se pregnant he kese jodege.
Since blood is part of the cardiovascular system, and diabetes is a condition in which the level of glucose in the blood is higher than normal, then is certainly some relationship between the two.
Diabetes and cardiovascular system diseases has been recognized to be closely related to each other due to the so-called insulin resistance syndrome or metabolic syndrome. Some examples of the commonly diagnosed cardiovascular disease are coronary heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure and other heart conditions.
Diabetes is considered a major risk factor in cardiovascular diseases. Other factors that contribute to the possibility of acquiring cardiovascular diseases in diabetic patients include hypertension, smoking, and dyslipidemia.
How Diabetes Causes Cardiovascular Problems?
- Hypertension: Hypertension in diabetes is considered a major contributor to the increase in mortality from cardiovascular diseases. Diabetic patients, especially those with Type 2, need to always have their blood pressure checked every visit to the doctor. Self-monitoring at home is also a must to maintain and control the rise of blood pressure. The American Diabetes Association recommends a target blood pressure of not more than 130/85 mm Hg to maintain a good level of blood pressure.
- Arteriosclerosis and Atherosclerosis: Arteriosclerosis is the stiffening or hardening of the artery walls while Atherosclerosis is the narrowing of the artery because of plaque build-up. Atherosclerosis is a form of hardening of the blood vessels/arteries, caused by fatty deposits and local tissue reaction in the walls of the arteries. Diabetes is a documented high risk factor for the development of both Atherosclerosis, Arteriosclerosis. Heart disease and stroke, arising mainly from the effects of atherosclerosis, account for 65 percent of deaths among diabetics.
- Hyperglycemia: Hyperglycemia means high (hyper) glucose (gly) in the blood (emia). Your body needs glucose to properly function. Your cells rely on glucose for energy. Hyperglycemia is a defining characteristic of diabetes, when the blood glucose level is too high because the body isn't properly using or doesn't make the hormone insulin. There is a growing recognition that diabetes belongs to a special category of risk factors because it markedly increases risk of CVD. This increase is partly the result of the pernicious effects of persistent hyperglycemia on the vasculature and partly due to the coexistence of other metabolic risk factors.
- Smoking: Smoking has been determined dangerous to our health. Studies show that smoking indeed increase risk of premature death and cardiovascular disease in diabetic patients.
- Atrial Fibrillation: Atrial Fibrillation means an irregular and rapid heart rate which can increase the risk of stroke, heart failure and other cardiac issues. Individuals with diabetes are at an increased risk of developing atrial fibrillation. This risk is higher among patients with a longer duration of treated diabetes and poorer glycemic control.
Individuals with insulin resistance or diabetes in combination with one or more of these risk factors are at even greater risk of heart disease or stroke. However, by managing their risk factors, patients with diabetes may avoid or delay the development of heart and blood vessel disease. Your health care provider will do periodic testing to assess whether you have developed any of these risk factors associated with cardiovascular disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Parents need to do everything possible to ensure their kids are in good health and shielded from preventable diseases. Vaccination is an ideal approach for the same. Vaccination shields children from serious sickness and the complications of diseases that can be prevented by vaccination. This can include removal of an arm or leg, loss of motion of limbs, hearing loss, paralysis, brain damage and even death. Vaccination is very safe and is always successful. All the vaccines go through a long and cautious survey by researchers, specialists, and the government to ensure they are safe to use.
Here are a few reasons as to why vaccination is very important:
- It will keep you healthy: The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) prescribes vaccination for the duration of your life to protect you against numerous infections and diseases. When you skip vaccination, you expose yourself and make yourself helpless against sicknesses, for example, chicken pox, pneumonia, flu and HPV and hepatitis B, both being the leading causes of cancer.
- Preventing the ones around you from getting ill: A vaccine preventable disease that may make you sick for a week or two could prove to be deadly for your children, grandchildren, or parents in case it spreads to them. When you get vaccinated, you are preventing this. For instance, grown-ups are the most widely recognised sources of pertussis (whooping cough) disease in newborn children, which can be fatal for babies.
- Some diseases have expensive treatments: A normal flu sickness can last up to fifteen days, regularly with five or six missed workdays. Grown-ups and adults who get hepatitis can lose at least one month of work and can get chronically ill in some cases. This can hinder your work which in turn can burn a hole in your pocket. Some of these vaccine-preventable diseases are very expensive to treat.
- Young and healthy people get ill too: Newborn children and the elderly are at a more serious danger for dangerous infections and diseases, however, vaccine-preventable diseases can strike anybody. In case you are young and healthy, getting vaccinated can help you remain as such.
- Vaccines are important to overall health besides a good diet: Like eating solid foods, working out, and getting regular check-ups, vaccination assumes a crucial part in keeping you sound and healthy. Antibodies are a standout amongst the most advantageous and most secure preventive measures available.
- They protect the future generations: Vaccines have decreased and, now and again, eliminated a number of diseases that were responsible for seriously handicapping a large number of people until a couple of years back. For instance, smallpox or chicken pox vaccines have been responsible for decreasing the infection around the world. This is the reason why your children do not require the smallpox shots anymore because the infection does not exist on the ground and has been completely eliminated. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized and ask a free question.
My wife got periods on 23 Oct after that she dint get periods in next month n till date so what are the precaution she should take.
Since last 1 year I am continuously gaining weight, drastic change in skin as wells as irregular periods.
Never use potent steroids cream like Betnovate,Lobate,quadriderm,panderm,fourderm,for any skin problem on any part of body because after initial improvement of symptoms like itching, these steroid creams will aggravate the problem and may cause long lasting and somtimes permanent side effects like rashes, sensitive skin, recurrent infection,acne , dryness stretch mark etc.