Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. P LakshmiYour feedback matters!
I brush my teeth regularly twice a day but the colour remains yellowish, what can I do to whiten my teeth?
- Though bleeding from gums after deep scaling is normal in most of the cases and subsides after 2-3 hours without any conscious efforts, there are some patients whose gums tends to bleed more and often persists for longer than 72 hours depending upon severity of inflammation.
- Prevention: when you face similar problem kindly inform your dentist. There is absolutely nothing to worry about. Just you have to prevent the clot to get dislodged from bleeding area. You can apply pressure gauze, black tea bag and can also use alums to rinse 3-4 times at home.
- Sometimes, those who are on blood thinner medications (aspirin) or anticoagulant therapy can also suffer with this problem. They should inform their dentist prior to undergo scaling.
My wisdom tooth is growing, and its really paining, so if I remove it then due to the hole in my gum will my other teeth move and leave gaps between my teeths.
My gums have swollen because of the pain in the tooth. Its been a few days and the pain is not subsiding and nor is the swelling. I have to take medicines after every 5-6 hours. Any good medicine recommended?
I have ulcers in my mouth since 1 year I take medicine and I get cure but after some days I get ulcers again what is the reason behind this.
Why some times blood comes out after brushing & cleansing the mouth after some binge drinking in the previous night?
Bleeding gums is a sign of gum disease Gingivitis and advanced stage Periodontitis. Bleeding gums happen due to inadequate plaque removal. Germs present in the plaque attack the healthy tissue around the teeth and cause the first stage of gum disease –Gingivitis. Signs and Symptoms of gingivitis include bleeding gums, swollen, red or tender gums and bad breath or taste. If gingivitis is not treated then the plaque will harden into tartar and this will lead to increased bleeding and a more advanced form of gum and jaw bone disease known as Periodontitis which can finally lead to tooth loss.
Causes of bleeding gums include: Poor oral hygiene, brushing too hard, improper flossing, vitamin deficiency- C or K, ill fitting denture, hormonal changes during pregnancy, infection either it can be tooth or gum related. Ongoing gum bleeding may be due to serious medical conditions such as leukemia, bleeding or platelet disorder.
It is important to visit a dentist at first sign of bleeding gums because first stage of gum disease gingivitis can be treated and reversed completely. For further details you can contact us or visit our clinic.
I have bad breath problem for past 10 years & when consulted with doctor they informed its happening due to crowding of teeth. Now am wearing braces for alignment. But still bad breath is there and stains are deposited in teeth. For stain removal can I use baking soda while wearing braces also suggest a way to get rid of bad breath.
A dental implant is a titanium post which mimics the root of the tooth and it’s surgically positioned into your jawbone beneath the gum line. After the implant is positioned, your dentist mounts replacement teeth or a bridge to replace a tooth or teeth that have fallen off, into that area.
Implants are a very useful new way to replace teeth that have been lost due to ageing, gum disease or trauma.
The options which were earlier available to replace missing teeth were an ordinary bridge which was attached to teeth on either side of the space left by the missing tooth.
- A big advantage of implants is that no adjacent teeth need to be chipped or ground down to hold your new replacement tooth or teeth in place.
- Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry that teeth might slip. It gives you improved speech.
- An implant also is better for maintaining dental health as it does not have to be anchored to other teeth, like bridges.
- Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods with confidence and without pain.
- Implants also don’t come loose as dentures can.
Because implants fuse to the jawbone, they provide stable support for artificial teeth. This means dentures and bridges mounted to implants don’t slip or shift in your mouth. This helps you eat and speak normally.
This secure fit also makes the dentures and bridges mounted over implants feel more natural than bridges or dentures.
Some people can’t get ordinary bridges and dentures because of sore spots, poor ridges or gagging and for them, implants are a heaven send.
Should you get implants?
You can only get implants if you must have healthy gums and adequate bone to support the implant. If your bone is too thin or soft you may have to get a bone graft first.
You should also be committed to keeping your implants healthy. For this, you should be committed to meticulous oral hygiene and regular dental visits as these will ensure the long-term success of your dental implants.
Two types of implants are considered safe by the American Dental Association. They are:
- Endosteal implants —These are surgically implanted directly into your jawbone. This is followed by a second surgery to connect a post to the original implant after the surrounding gum tissue has healed. And finally, an artificial tooth or teeth is attached to the post. This can be done individually or grouped on a bridge or denture.
- Subperiosteal implants — These consist of a metal frame that is fitted onto your jawbone. After the gums heal, the frame automatically becomes fixed to the jawbone. After these artificial teeth are mounted onto the posts, which are attached to the frame, and left to protrude through the gums just like with endosteal implants.
- Implants are very natural but they are expensive than other dentures or bridges, the other methods of teeth replacement. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.