Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. P.KiranYour feedback matters!
There is pain in my right eye lid near the above crease from about 3 days. When I touch my eye it aches but when I moving my eye ball in circular motion or in any direction I did not feel any pain. I do not understand why there is a sudden pain. Firstly I thought its conjunctivitis but it does not seem like that as its already been three days. Please help.
I am a student of under graduation my age is 19 years and I am facing a problem in my eyes they turn out red by evening and I have a lot of itchiness in them what should I do?
I'm 19 year old there is this problem with my eye when I'm riding the bike tears come out often and it become kinda slimmy fluid and vision kinda gets blurry what should I do about it does eye drops helps.
Is there any difference between an Indian foldable lens and Imported lens? Because my grandma is about to undergo an eye surgery and the hospital asked us to select the type of lens. So,could you please help us with your answers as soon as possible. Waiting for a hopeful answers.
My name is dev kumar and I am eighteen years old. I have problem of my health that some times my eyes are very paining and I can't see.
Kindly tell me watching video using virtual reality player good or bad or OK for eyes. How much time can we watch without stressing our eyes.
Please suggest me what to do. My eyes vision is getting blurred day by day and I wear a spectacle of - 1.5 in both eyes. Can anyone please suggest me what to do naturally to improve vision? 1) Suggest me what to do or eat? 2) Suggest me what not to do or eat?
I am working in IT company. So I use to work in PC some time I fill like pain in my eyes. Are this is the symptoms of Inc. In eye site.
In order to see clearly, the eyes need to be constantly lubricated. This function is performed by small glands located in the eyelids known as meibomian glands. These glands secrete oil onto the surface of the cornea through tiny openings on them. Malfunctioning of this gland can create an excessive amount of oil.
When oil accumulates on the eyelids, it encourages the bacteria present in the eye and the skin around it to multiply leading to inflammation. This condition is known as meibomianitis. Adults are at a higher risk of suffering from this condition as compared to children.
Some of the factors that could trigger meibomianitis are:
- Allergic reactions
- Fluctuation of hormones associated with puberty and adolescence
- Acne and other skin conditions
- Lice or mites on the eyelashes
- Unsanitary contact lens solution
- Contaminated eye makeup
- Certain medications such as isotretinoin for acne that increases bacteria on the eyelids
- However, in some cases, a clear trigger factor may not be identifiable.
Some of the characteristic symptoms of this disease are:
- Dry eyes
- Constant watering from the eyes
- Inflammation and reddening of the eyelids
- Burning sensation in the eyes
- Flaking of skin around the infected eye
- Heightened sensitivity to light
- Excessive blinking
- Crusting of eyelashes
- Blurred vision
- Frequent formation of sties
- Loss of eyelashes or abnormal growth of eyelashes
Regular cleaning of the eyes with warm water and abstaining from the use of contact lenses and eye makeup can help reduce irritation and manage the inflammation. Additionally, the doctor may also prescribe antibiotics or steroids in the form of pills, eye creams or drops. Artificial tears may also be recommended to patients exhibiting dry eye symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
I am 43 year old, having eye problem, close distance I couldn't read properly, how I can do? did you have medicine, too see close letter reading properly.
My name is Deepak and I am 23, I have just come to know that my eye side is little weak (right .5 and left .25). So, I wanted to ask is there any way to cure it, without specs. (I spend 2-3 hours on laptop and 1-2 hours on mobile daily)
I have eye allergy so what medicine should I take my eyes are so much itching so please suggest me some medicine.
Hi doctor, I always feel sleepy even sleep for whole night always my eyes pains, I had already go for eye check bt it's 6/6. I have a doubt of increasing thyroid. Seems to be the symptoms like that. If that so can you please suggest the test I can go for. Thanks.
Sir, I am professional footballer. But my eyesight has gone weak -3.5 on both for which I have to concentrate extra on the game while playing. Is there any kind of specks or treatment which would help?
A cataract usually forms in the eyes due to clouding of the naturally clear lens that coats the eyes.This coating is usually a matter of age advancement or any other injury that the eyes may have sustained. It may also be a birth defect that a baby may be born with. There are various ways to deal with this debilitating condition.
One of the methods of treatment includes cataract surgery. Read on to find out more about this form of treatment:
- Procedure: During this surgery, the ophthalmologist will remove the cloudy lens and clean it before replacing it with a man-made lens.The technique followed for this procedure is known as phacoemulsification which involves a small cut or incision for the cataract surgery. The incision helps the doctor in liquefying and then vacuuming the centre portion of the lens, which is slightly harder than the rest of the lens.
- Device: The doctor will usually administer anaesthesia first and then make the tiny incision on one side of the cornea. Thereafter, an instrument or device will be inserted through this opening to send out ultrasonic vibrations to the eye. These vibrations will help in breaking the lens into tiny pieces. These fragments will be removed with the help of a suction that will go in through the tiny cut. This cut may also be made with the help of a laser beam.
- New Lens: Once the fragments of the old lens have been cleared, the doctor will go about the process of inserting the new man made lens which is usually made up of clear plastic, acrylic or even silicon, and is known as IOL or intraocular lens. This process is generally termed as intraocular lens implantation.
- Improved Vision: With the help of the new lens, the patient will now enjoy better vision and a visible decline in the symptoms of the cataract including problems in night driving.
- Convenient: This procedure usually takes about an hour and is an outpatient procedure. It is a completely safe procedure where numbing drops are placed on the eye so as to reduce any pain significantly. The doctor will usually give you a novocaine injection around the eye. Also, cataracts from both eyes will not be removed on the same day, and the doctor will schedule you for cataract removal from the second eye for another day.
- Aftermath: After the surgery is over, it is normal to feel some amount of irritation in the eye. If this irritation is persistent, you must see a doctor about it.
Painkillers like acetaminophen and ibuprofen can be used to recover from the pain after the surgery. Ask an ophthalmologist about other measures.