Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. P. KasturiYour feedback matters!
I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on 14th april and had an ipill the same day. My period cycle begins on 5th of every month. I was very regular. I had some bleeding after consuming the ipill for 2-3 days. Today is the 17th and I haven't had any periods since the whole month. I took 2 pregnancy tests but they were both negative. Is there a possibility of me being pregnant? I have sore breasts and I'm very tensed. Please suggest what should I do?
Spotting can be stated as a form of mild bleeding from the vagina. It is similar to a period, but it is much lighter and can occur in between your periods. Most women who are pregnant and are in their first trimester experience spotting. In fact, spotting is often seen as one of the early signs of pregnancy.
Spotting can happen because of any of the following reasons:
- Cysts in the uterus can cause spotting
- Though very rare, a thyroid problem can also lead to spotting
- Any infection in the cervix or uterine cancer can also cause spotting
- Lastly, hormonal imbalance can also cause spotting
What can spotting signify?
Spotting is completely normal and there is no need to be worried if it happens on account of any of the following reasons.
- Light spotting at the end of the bleeding period during the menstrual cycle is common.
- Spotting can also occur during ovulation; in fact, seeing some spots of blood when one is ovulating, is often considered as an excellent sign of fertility.
- Mild spotting can also develop after sex, especially if it is for the first time, owing to the hymen getting ruptured
- Mild spotting if one is on birth control pills is also normal.
When should you be worried?
- Spotting is an early sign of pregnancy and if you are not planning to conceive any time soon, then you must visit your gynaecologist.
- Spotting may also be a symptom of any STD, primarily Chlamydia or Gonorrhea.
- As spotting could also be indicative of cancer, it’s advisable to not delay and consult the gynaecologist immediately.
Sex is an act that is supposed to leave you satisfied and happy, but sometimes that’s not the case. This can be due pain or discomfort, stress or low confidence levels. However, by adopting a few simple ways you can enjoy a healthier and a much more satisfying love-making session.
1. Talk between the sheets: This is very important. Your partner wouldn’t know what you’re in the mood of until and unless you tell them. Nobody can read minds. Know each other erogenous zones to know what turns your partner on. When your partner does something you like, or does something you don’t like, you should let them know in order to derive maximum pleasure during sex.
2. Make use of the correct lubricant: This is applicable for women: just as wetness is a part of sex, so is dryness no matter if you’re in the mood or not. Women hardly ever get the 20 minutes of foreplay they need to be properly lubricated before sex. Sometimes factors like childbirth, breastfeeding or menopause can aggravate this situation. So in such cases it is best to use a liquid lubricant that doesn’t cause allergy to you and your partner, and can make sex a smooth and pleasurable activity. Avoid baby oil or body lotions if you’re using a latex condom.
3. Check with your doctor for itching/ burning sensations: If you’re suffering from itching or burning sensations in your privates, then chances are you might be suffering from an infection. If it causes problem in your sex life, then a doctor should be immediately consulted. Sometimes it may just be an allergy to latex or a lubricant. In such cases try switching to a different type of condom and/or lubricant.
4. Explore different things together: A shift in position or a new sex activity can make sex highly enjoyable and exciting, adding that zing that was missing in your sex life. Indulge in role playing, sex toys or even light bondage if you like to spice things up in the bed. Also, keep shifting left, right, up and down in the same sex position to heighten pleasure.
5. Get enough sleep: Getting your fix of 8 hours of sleep is very important for a healthy love making session. Lack of sleep can leave you tired and not in the mood of any sort of sexual activity. It can even lower libido in men and in extreme cases it can lead to sexual dysfunction as well. So rest well to enjoy your private time with your partner.
I want to conceive in May 2017. I had blood test results recently :Glucose fasting 109 mg/dl, TSH 11.64 ,and vit D 10.13,vit B12 198.2. Kindly advise as I want to ready my body for pregnancy in a month. I am worried about my high TSH levels. Will it affect and how to cure.
Ocimum tenuiflorum (also known as Ocimum sanctum, Tulsi). It is an secret, much branched subshrub 30-60cm tall, with simple opposite green or purple leaves that are strongly scented, and hairy stems. Leaves have petioles, and are ovate, up to 5cm long, usually somewhat toothed. Flowers are purplish in elongate racemes in close whorls. Holy basil (Tulsi) is native throughout the Old World tropics and widespread as a cultivated plant and an escaped weed. Holy basil is cultivated for religious and medicinal purposes, and for its essential oil. There are two main morphotypes cultivated in India, green-leaved and purple-leaved.
Holy basil is a common name of a world-renowned herb Tulsi which can be found almost in very home in India. It has both therapeutic as well as general usage.
The Health Benefits of Holy Basil Tulsi as follows:
Respiratory problems - Holy Basil is very effective in treating cold and its related disorders. It is a boon for respiratory tract disorders. It helps in treating all the disorders that are related to our throat
Headaches - Tulsi is very helpful in relieving headaches and body pain. It has certain properties that helps in releasing spasm in the muscles hence is extremely helpful in relaxing the body.
Abdominal disorders - Holy basil is one of the most potent herbs for abdominal disorders. Holy basil is very helpful in improving the appetite. In also has some mild laxative properties therefore helps in evacuation of the bowel.
Inflammation - Tulsi is considered a good herb that has the anti-inflammatory properties. It is very effective in suppressing any kind of edema that happens in the body.
Heart diseases - Tulsi is useful in curing heart related problems. It provides strength to the heart muscles and also helps in improving the blood circulation. It also helps in improving the blood supply to heart muscles. it is also helpful in reducing the cholesterol levels in the body.
Holy Basil Extract :
Menstrual Disorder : Taken with some seeds of tulsi with water.
Resiparatory Problem : Take daily early morning chewing some tulsi leaves or juice.
Diabetes : Take some root of tulsi power kept in hot water overnight and take early morning empty stomach.
An earache : Tulsi leave drops very useful for an earache.
Abdominal Disorder in Children : Take Tulsi juice mixed with ginger juice early morning.
Fever : Take tulsi leave powder, dried ginger, and sugar with hot water.
Hair Lice Problem : Take tulsi seed with castor oil daily.
Prevent Cancer : Take some tulsi leaves daily, it reduce suffers from cancer.
I used to do full body workout 6 days a week which includes weighted squats and ab crunches also. Now I am trying to conceive since last two months but unable so I want to ask you that as I am working out regularly will it affect my chances of conceiving or is it safe to workout.
Hi I am suffering from pcod, thyroid and my one fallopian tube is infected. What I have to do ? I am very frustrated now.
Detoxification is a process which helps in cleansing toxins. The toxins which are ingested may give rise to health problems such as insomnia, body aches, fatigue, distraction, and depression. If the chemicals present in your system are unwanted and affecting your well-being then you can opt for cleansing the toxins from your body by following a detox diet. Here are 4 things you need to know before you embark on a detox diet:
1. Not all healthy foods help in detoxification - All foods that help in detoxification are healthy but the reverse is not true. You need to have sound knowledge about anabolic and catabolic food before you start the process of detoxification. Anabolic foods belong to the 'body builder' variant, rich in protein and fat. Chicken breasts, eggs, and fish though otherwise fine to eat should be avoided during detoxification. Catabolic foods help in breaking down toxins in your body. This includes vegetables, fruits, and other complex carbohydrates.
2. You may have a bit of sickening feeling initially - Some people experience sickness when they start a detox diet. Cravings for usual food, nausea and headache can distract you for a while. But if you aim to eliminate the toxic substances from your body you need to have patience. Getting an adequate amount of rest and drinking filtered water and plenty of herbal tea can help you reduce the symptoms experienced. Gradually you will feel stable and energized.
3. Do not opt for a detox diet when you are sick - If your immune system is weak due to sickness then hold off the plan of switching to a detox diet until you regain the lost strength to prevent adverse effects. If you are sick then strengthen your body by eating a well-balanced diet, rich in protein and fat. Also, eat fruits and nutrient-dense vegetables. When you recover completely and feel healthy you can opt for a detox diet.
4. You will be back to putting on weight - A good and proper detox diet can eventually result in permanent weight loss and increased metabolism. However, if you start gulping down foods rich in protein and fat, you are bound to put on weight. This will not be a matter of concern if maintained up to a certain extent since the liver helps in opening up pathways to metabolize fat. But if you persistently splurge on cookies, pizza and beer then all the benefits of detoxification will get reversed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
My wife tested prega news after seven days of her period date and it was positive and all the feelings she experienced during these days were also related to pregnancy but today after 9 days her periods started. I am confused what is happening and what should we do now. Please help us.
I had umprotected sex on 27 th day of my cycle. Had ipill within 24hrs. My cycle is generally 28 days. But no periods. Its 30th day now.
Hi, It is been 7 years I got married, Right tube is removed as I got ectopic and got manual surgery. Left tube when I got HSG their said I have hydrosulphic so not able to get normal convince. Need to go for IVF. But it is too costly so thinking wat best can be done to get a convince.
I am a married woman. I had my last periods on 4th april. It lasted for about 6 days. My husband came for leave on 11th april. We had planned for a baby. I had the hope of getting pregnant. But since last two days I had cough and from today morning I noticed a brown spotting. I do not have any pain. What can be the cause of this spotting? What am I supposed to do?
Hi I had thyroid problem during pregnancy .but now it s Normal. (Post pregnancy it s almost 1 and half month) .so I need to take thyroid test after 3 month. So how can I control the thyroid through home remedies. What are the essential food for thyroid problem. Kindly reply on the same. Thanks in advance.
While having sex, my wife touched her vagina with my sperm on her fingers. Is it possible for her to get pregnant from this? It's been 4 months. What could be the symptoms of pregnancy to look out for?
Mera 17,19,20 January ko unprotected sex hua tha or main (17,19,20) January iye 3 din main I pill khai hu 12 hours ke ander but mera period hua tha 11 January ko kiya I pill fail hoga kiya pregnancy hone ka chance hain ager pregnancy hone ka chance hain kiya keru main. Please tell me?
My partner don't like using condom while doing sex. Is there any medication available for my partner that can avoid pregnancy without side effect.
How many of us know that a deficiency of Vitamin B6, also known as pyridoxine can make you susceptible for heart disease, brain degenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s as well as muscle pain, depression and dragging fatigue?
Vitamin B6 is one of the most crucial vitamins for health and it’s a part of the vitamin B complex family. Now, all B vitamins, including vitamin B6, play an important role in a number of life-altering physical and psychological functions. All of them have a vital role to play in helping to maintain a healthy metabolism, nerve and liver function as well as skin and eye health, as well as good amount of energy levels.
Role of Vitamin B6
Vitamin B6 or pyridoxine has a number of derivatives, including pyridoxal, pyridoxal 5-phosphate and pyridoxamine. And all of these are involved in major body functions like movement, memory, energy use and blood flow. This is the primary reason why a vitamin B6 deficiency can show up in a range of symptoms from physical to psychological, temporary to chronic and serious.
Vitamin B6 also helps your body to
Maintain a healthy nervous system
- To make more hemoglobin, blood cells that carry oxygen in blood
- To provide energy from our food
- To balance blood sugar levels
- To act as a natural pain relief
- To boost mood
- To create antibodies for self-protection
Preventing a Vitamin B6 Deficiency
The recommended amount of vitamin B6 for an adult under the age of 50 is 1.3 milligrams. Normally, this amount is easy to get from your diet, assuming you are eating a balanced diet with enough calories. However, the amount the body’s requirement for vitamin B6 jumps up as you age. Experts recommend that adults over 50 get up to 1.7 milligram daily of this vitamin.
As this requirement is not met, older people get more prone to a vitamin B6 deficiency and so do malnourished children and adults. Foods like poultry, pork, nuts and beans contain high levels of vitamin B6 and you can include more of these to get the recommended dose of vitamin B6. However, since vitamin B6 is a water-soluble vitamin, so you need to replenish your body with it daily as it doesn’t get stored in the body.
Symptoms of Vitamin B6 deficiency:
Lack of energy and chronic fatigue: Vitamin B6 helps supply your body with energy by improving your metabolism. It has a vital role to play in protein metabolism – it helps your body break down the protein that you eat and produce energy quickly. So one very important pointer that you have a vitamin B6 deficiency is when you get fatigued quickly during exercise.
Brain function decline: Vitamin B6 vitamin helps your brain communicate with other parts of the body more efficiently. So, if you have a decline in muscle efficiency it could be a sign of vitamin B6 deficiency.
High Levels of amino acid Homocysteine: High levels of amino acid Homocysteine do not cause any symptoms that you can detect by yourself but tests can tell you if you have high levels of this amino acid in your body. And these high levels are directly linked to vitamin B6 deficiency. What high levels of homocysteine can do is cause heart attacks. But vitamin B6 helps keep a check on these levels to reduce your risk for a cardiovascular event.
Other symptoms of vitamin B6 deficiency are:
- Changes in mood, such as depression, irritability, and anxiety
- Muscle pains
- A worsening of PMS symptoms
- And worsening of symptoms of anemia
- As vitamin B6 is so important for nerve function, a deficiency is linked with neuro-psychiatric disorders like seizures, migraines, and chronic pain.
- An increased risk of heart disease and rheumatoid arthritis
- Higher risk for Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.